its 2023 theres no method update everything ( firmware / cheat / homebrew / etc.. without take out sd card from switch?

sh2dc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi

so we cant mount switchs sd card 100% in 2023?

put firmware update file to sd card via wifi ftp?
put newest cheat.txt to sd card and create title folder to place cheat correct via wifi?
replace atmosphere version via wifi?
replace hekate sigpatch version via wifi?

still no?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have been able to do all that since roughly 2018 at least with ftp. Better method (in my opinion) is use dbi's mtp feature. Plug in switch to pc, open dbi mtp then drag and drop. Don't get the bottleneck of ftp

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have been able to do all that since roughly 2018 at least with ftp. Better method (in my opinion) is use dbi's mtp feature. Plug in switch to pc, open dbi mtp then drag and drop. Don't get the bottleneck of ftp
You can no longer update atmosphere through that method

Atmosphere can’t be running while height updated no more

Reactions: Lightyose

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can no longer update atmosphere through that method

Atmosphere can’t be running while height updated no more
Yes and no. You can by using AIO-switch-updater. Itll extract what it can while in hos but then it'll reboot to its own special payload to finish off the update process. Then it'll reboot to whatever payload you have set up in the atmosphere folder (the reboot_payload.bin payload)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hi

so we cant mount switchs sd card 100% in 2023?

put firmware update file to sd card via wifi ftp?
put newest cheat.txt to sd card and create title folder to place cheat correct via wifi?
replace atmosphere version via wifi?
replace hekate sigpatch version via wifi?

still no?

I use Hekate USB connection (ums?) to access the SD card and update Atmosphere.
Seen the title the only I could think was THAT,

The method to update everything without take out your SD has been on the wild FOR YEARS just use Hekate's UMS, if you like a easy way to boot into it use Studious Pancake.

Also use FTPD-sysmodule and you can update almost everything via FTP.

You can use Atmosphère Haze to connect your console to PC.

You can use DBI for differents methods of connection.

there is also the app AIO which help you to update almost everything from the console.

you can read any guide and will have several methods.

Reactions: kidkat210

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be 100% clear, there is no way to update Atmosphere while running Atmosphere.

You will need to boot into Hekate or another payload to update AMS. Nearly everything else can be updated VIA MTP/FTP/etc... while AMS is running.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
To be 100% clear, there is no way to update Atmosphere while running Atmosphere.

You will need to boot into Hekate or another payload to update AMS. Nearly everything else can be updated VIA MTP/FTP/etc... while AMS is running.
It's the default behavior of Atmosphère the binaries are protected, you can disable it but is not recommended.

and as you always need to reboot your consoles after Atmosphère update it's better to do it on Hekate's UMS.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That is correct, it is not recommended to update Atmosphere while Atmosphere is running. See reference below.

I also appreciate this app! SciresM specifically asked that Atmosphere be removed from hb-appstore, and as such we took down this Updater as well. The technical concern was over updating files on SD while AMS was running. I was also keeping in mind that TotalJustice discontinued the work when making the removal decision. (hi!)

I will likely continue to either use this app or use ftpd since I don't usually have an SD adapter + PC at hand when I want to update. It's unfortunate because I think this ability has utility to the community, but as SciresM is the author of AMS it seems fair to respect their wishes.

Reactions: impeeza

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That is correct, it is not recommended to update Atmosphere while Atmosphere is running. See reference below.
Worth noting that this is an old post, and that SciresM seemingly has no issue with updates being performed in bootloader context (which is what aio-switch-updater does) other than not wanting to deal with issues not directly related to Atmosphere

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worth noting that this is an old post, and that SciresM seemingly has no issue with updates being performed in bootloader context (which is what aio-switch-updater does) other than not wanting to deal with issues not directly related to Atmosphere

Before SciresM made the recommendation to not update while atmosphere was running, ITotalJustice Atmosphere updater was working much better than your AIO updater, atleast the update work 100% of the time, everyone knows that your AIO updater cause more issues than what it solves.

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Before SciresM made the recommendation to not update while atmosphere was running, ITotalJustice Atmosphere updater was working much better than your AIO updater, atleast the update work 100% of the time, everyone knows that your AIO updater cause more issues than what it solves.
I'm well aware that you somehow can't wrap your head around my software and that for some reason you've been leading a FUD campaign against it for well over a year. Nevertheless, you still shouldn't lie about the feasibility of computer-less updates on the switch.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm well aware that you somehow can't wrap your head around my software and that for some reason you've been leading a FUD campaign against it for well over a year. Nevertheless, you still shouldn't lie about the feasibility of computer-less updates on the switch.

Well it is the true, I tried your AIO updater to update Atmosphere and it failed, beside it is not just me saying that your AIO updater is broken, you got a bunch of people saying not to use AIO. Wouldn't be arguing with you if you didn't quote my post earlier.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Usually MTP is far slower than UMS, at least for my Android phone it is... MTP feels slow, bloated, sluggish, whatever you wanna call it. And it can't do more than 1 thing at a time, unlike UMS. I'll take a direct UMS approach over MTP any day.

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well it is the true, I tried your AIO updater to update Atmosphere and it failed, beside it is not just me saying that your AIO updater is broken, you got a bunch of people saying not to use AIO. Wouldn't be arguing with you if you didn't quote my post earlier.
As I've repeatedly told you in the past, it "failed" because you refuse to read the README and how to accommodate for your oddball config (trinket).
It's not the point though. The point, which I thought I made clear in my first post, is that computer-less updates are possible and SciresM doesn't necessarily discourage them.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I've repeatedly told you in the past, it "failed" because you refuse to read the README and how to accommodate for your oddball config (trinket).
It's not the point though. The point, which I thought I made clear in my first post, is that computer-less updates are possible and SciresM doesn't necessarily discourage them.

Well since you wants to argue. Here is proof that your AIO program is broken.

1693093589521.png

1693093612470.png

1693093702452.png

1693093725439.png

1693093918340.png

1693093940025.png

1693093991594.png

1693094080093.png

• Love

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Most, to not say all, of those screenshots are caused by people leaving outdated sys-modules on (despite the prompt within the app offering you to disable them) not updating sigpatches or updating from before fusee.bin was a thing. There are countless threads about similar issues happening while updating through a computer.
Again though, it's beside the point. Updating ams computer-less is totally doable. If you think that my software doesn't do it properly, feel free to point out what it doesn't do right (you never have) or read the source and open a PR. Or write your own software. It still doesn't change the fact that it's possible to write such software.

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Most, to not say all, of those screenshots are caused by people leaving outdated sys-modules on (despite the prompt within the app offering you to disable them) not updating sigpatches or updating from before fusee.bin was a thing. There are countless threads about similar issues happening while updating through a computer.
Again though, it's beside the point. Updating ams computer-less is totally doable. If you think that my software doesn't do it properly, feel free to point out what it doesn't do right (you never have) or read the source and open a PR. Or write your own software. It still doesn't change the fact that it's possible to write such software.
A little offtopic.

I was trying to add custom download with my pack in AIO but it always crash when unzipping it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye