FFXIII Director Wants To Remake Final Fantasy VII

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
One day this'll happen and on that day I shall jump for joy. I still have my FF7 disks after 13 years (still woking with the box, manual, etc) and still play it. Even though I now know the plot so well that I've written another segment of it for fanfiction.net. Call me a fanboy all you like, I don't give a toss. I love FF7, it's awesome, that tech demo nearly made me spooge, and a full remake would be so far beyond epic that we'd have to think up a new term to describe how mind-blowingly awesome it would be.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DeltaBurnt said:
In FF7 you have a emo main character, which everyone hates to death.

In FF8 you have an anti social, badass, main character with an awesome jacket and it has a much better sound track.

In FF9 you have a fast, thief, monkey main character who also hits on girls.

So tell me, would you seriously take FF7 over FF8 or FF9?

I'd also be fine with a FFX remake.

in short words.
Cloud: A Self-Centered Person which has a emotional touch.
Squall: Bad-Ass but has his heart where it belongs.
Zidane: A Feisty Monkey with a Lively Passion.

but really.
a hd remake would skyrocket the sales for square-enix.
and since it's long been asked. it is a good idea to finally put an end to this.
the same route went for Diablo 3. there was no hope but great rumors.
it took blizzard litteraly 7 years (or 9) before it eventually got realized.
it would be awesome if they were to rewrite the summons in a more dynamical aspect.
like how 8 had dynamic summons for the first time ever seen.

liamtrees22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it would be arsome if they did i would buy it
gbasp.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's nice to see how FFVII being one of the most loved game ever has to have its fair share of people hating it just because.

Oh well, if they remake it, I'm gonna buy it. On whatever platform it's out.

Klarkykat

Trophies
XP
Country
This is not good.

I am not liking 13 at ALL so far. I can't see myself completeing it to be honest. The characters and story are far too anonoying.
frown.gif

EDIT: Also do you think it will be long until people start questioning these bloody remakes? I mean, while your at it, why not try to make a new game that just feels similar?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Klarkykat said:
This is not good.

I am not liking 13 at ALL so far. I can't see myself completeing it to be honest. The characters and story are far too anonoying.
frown.gif

EDIT: Also do you think it will be long until people start questioning these bloody remakes? I mean, while your at it, why not try to make a new game that just feels similar?

Chances are this will lead to nothing. Every week there's another news post about "FF7 Remake Might be Being Thought Of, But it Will Never Happen, But This Director Says He Wants It".

Maitosuklaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like a remake of FFVII if they dropped Cloud. That guy annoyed the shit out of me. It's one of the few instances I was actually rooting for the main antagonist (Sephiroth), even though he was kind of a momma's boy and emo-ish too.

FFVIII was.. Uh.. It had a confusing story with way too many weird flashbacks, an unwieldy and tedious as shit (I'm talking to you Drawing Magic mechanic) battle system, and a main character who uses the most retarded weapon ever. There's a reason real swords with guns attached to them fell into obscurity in the real world (Yes, those WERE real things) - they're stupid looking and the accuracy was shit. Though I did like the graphics and music. Love the music, in fact.

FFIX was a skip back to the old style, which was okay. For me, it was rather unimpressive. Kind of bland, actually. Then again I was, by the time I actually picked up and played the game, spoiled by a load of newer and better JRPGs.

FFX and FFX-2 was equally as unimpressive. I played FFX for like 15 minutes before putting the game back in the case and left it on my shelf. Never played FFX-2.

All in all, The Final Fantasy series began a downward spiral into shit after FFVI with a few updrafts in the form of certain game mechanics and story elements in FFVII (Cloud most definently NOT being one of them) and FFIX. I've yet to play FFXIII, but I don't think it's the one that's going to save the series.

EDIT: Oh, right. FF11 and 12. FFXI was a MMORPG confusing as all hell without a proper introduction or tutorial, so obviously I played for 10 minutes before giving up and never playing again. FFXII could have been good, but fighting wolves of different kinds for, like, four hours with the most obnoxious fucking main character ever (Vaan or whatever) made me hate this game more than I've ever have hated anything before.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maitosuklaa said:
I'd like a remake of FFVII if they dropped Cloud. That guy annoyed the shit out of me. It's one of the few instances I was actually rooting for the main antagonist (Sephiroth), even though he was kind of a momma's boy and emo-ish too.

FFVIII was.. Uh.. It had a confusing story with way too many weird flashbacks, an unwieldy and tedious as shit (I'm talking to you Drawing Magic mechanic) battle system, and a main character who uses the most retarded weapon ever. There's a reason real swords with guns attached to them fell into obscurity in the real world (Yes, those WERE real things) - they're stupid looking and the accuracy was shit. Though I did like the graphics and music. Love the music, in fact.

FFIX was a skip back to the old style, which was okay. For me, it was rather unimpressive. Kind of bland, actually. Then again I was, by the time I actually picked up and played the game, spoiled by a load of newer and better JRPGs.

FFX and FFX-2 was equally as unimpressive. I played FFX for like 15 minutes before putting the game back in the case and left it on my shelf. Never played FFX-2.

All in all, The Final Fantasy series began a downward spiral into shit after FFVI with a few updrafts in the form of certain game mechanics and story elements in FFVII (Cloud most definently NOT being one of them) and FFIX. I've yet to play FFXIII, but I don't think it's the one that's going to save the series.

EDIT: Oh, right. FF11 and 12. FFXI was a MMORPG confusing as all hell without a proper introduction or tutorial, so obviously I played for 10 minutes before giving up and never playing again. FFXII could have been good, but fighting wolves of different kinds for, like, four hours with the most obnoxious fucking main character ever (Vaan or whatever) made me hate this game more than I've ever have hated anything before.

I thought the FF8 drawing magic system was cool. With FF9 I don't think you gave it much of a chance. Same with FFX, FFX gets much better as you go along.

Maitosuklaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It was a nice idea, but it was tedious as all hells. To the brink of being obnoxious, actually.

I remember spending hours on end grinding battles, not for exp, but for drawing magic so I wouldn't run out later.

Not that it was much needed, seeing how you could spam GF's without reservation.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
FFXII could have been good, but fighting wolves of different kinds for, like, four hours with the most obnoxious fucking main character ever (Vaan or whatever) made me hate this game more than I've ever have hated anything before.
You're joking right?
The problem with Vaan wasn't that he was obnoxious, but that he was barely a main character. He barely had any input. And his flamboyant design was quite irksome.

In fact, when I think about it, he was the opposite of obnoxious; his character was rational, he had a fine voice actor who didn't drive you insane (And FFXII remains the only FF with above-average voice-acting, sadly), and he wasn't brash. Out of VII, VIII, X, and XII, he was probably the least dorky lead.

Now Tidus. HE WAS FUCKING OBNOXIOUS.

QUOTEI don't think they realized that no one really liked FF11 or FF12.
Sorry man, but tons of people still play FF11, and FF12 appealed to non-FF-purists (LIKE ME).
You shouldn't confuse everyone with yourself.

Maitosuklaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jaems said:
QUOTE said:
FFXII could have been good, but fighting wolves of different kinds for, like, four hours with the most obnoxious fucking main character ever (Vaan or whatever) made me hate this game more than I've ever have hated anything before.
You're joking right?
The problem with Vaan wasn't that he was obnoxious, but that he was barely a main character. He barely had any input. And his flamboyant design was quite irksome.

In fact, when I think about it, he was the opposite of obnoxious; his character was rational, he had a fine voice actor who didn't drive you insane (And FFXII remains the only FF with above-average voice-acting, sadly), and he wasn't brash. Out of VII, VIII, X, and XII, he was probably the least dorky lead.

Now Tidus. HE WAS FUCKING OBNOXIOUS.
Ah, yes. That's what I meant, sorry. I still found that a bit obnoxious, even if it wasn't his character that was annoying as all hells - the fact he was more of a tag-along than the protagonist. Although I don't remember much of the VA. Hm. *goes to youtube some videos*

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jaems said:
QUOTE said:
I don't think they realized that no one really liked FF11 or FF12.
Sorry man, but tons of people still play FF11, and FF12 appealed to non-FF-purists (LIKE ME).
You shouldn't confuse everyone with yourself.

Ehhh, if you ask almost anyone I know they'll say that FF12 just didn't suck them in (the same happened for me). I got maybe 2-3 hours in the game (and even that was a stretch), and after that I never touched it.

I don't like the style they went with in FF11 and FF12 (and as said before, a lot of the people I know would agree). One of the things I didn't like about the style was the battle system.

Also, I'm not an FF-purist. I'm just a make-a-FF-that-mostly-everyone-is-fond-of-instead-of-just-going-in-wacky-new-directions-that-you-think-will-be-a-success-just-because-that's-what-nintendo-is-doing-and-they-have-success-with-that-process.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Also, I'm not an FF-purist. I'm just a make-a-FF-that-mostly-everyone-is-fond-of-instead-of-just-going-in-wacky-new-directions-that-you-think-will-be-a-success-just-because-that's-what-nintendo-is-doing-and-they-have-success-with-that-process.
Maybe more like make-a-FF-and-try-to-update-the-outdated-battle-system-from-the-90s-and-offer-something-new-for-once-instead-of-recycling-the-same-gameplay-every-single-iteration-and-improve-the-graphics-just-to-play-it-safe-and-make-money-off-your-fans.
tpi.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol