Final Fantasy VII Rebirth release date trailer

Square Enix has new information to share about the highly anticipated second installment in the Final Fantasy VII Remake series. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth received a new 3-minute trailer in today's State of Play broadcast, focusing mostly on story content, with some glimpses of its action-based gameplay. The game will be releasing for PlayStation 5 on February 29th, 2024.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Not going to buy a PS5 just to play this game. I will wait it comes to pc
I've heard this a lot for every fucken game.
Post automatically merged:

They had to put a Sephiroth battle in every installment 😅 By the way, where are those people complaining about "respecting the source material" here?
To be fair, I played the original FFVII more than I can count, I even memorized the conversations, the first part of the Remake did a good job here, some changes to the story won't ruin the game as long as they keep the important things which makes FFVII great.
Let's see how part 2 will turn out.

Last edited by Lazyboss,
Reactions: tabzer

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since I realized this new FF7 series is actually a sequel rather than a remake, I actually like it a great deal more.

ff7:remake, the "remake" is a plot device, not a description of the type of game it is. fun!

While I don't like the fact it changed genres, and would still like to see an actual remake of FF7, it was still fun in its own way. Looking forward to this new "part 2". I'm hoping the plot heavily diverges from the original at this point, given the last game's ending.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game will be releasing for PlayStation 5 on February 29th, 2024.
Oof. Think this will be another FF XVI disaster when it comes to sales. Recent reports says FF XVI, which is locked to PS5 as time exclusive, did not meet expectation and Square Enix's stock tanked because of it.

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oof. Think this will be another FF XVI disaster when it comes to sales. Recent reports says FF XVI, which is locked to PS5 as time exclusive, did not meet expectation and Square Enix's stock tanked because of it.
nowadays they expect people to go buy a console for a game so they thought this would be a draw to PS5. too many hardware limitations with HD space and definitely not enough games for people to invest in a PS5. for the most part i have been earlier adopter to alot of systems but will not do it for PS5 because how shotty the hardware is.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know its okay though. theres tons of great games. its a life choice as we dont live to infinity. get the most of what u can is my philosophy. i wait for a lot of tv shows to finale out to watch multiple seasons all at once. theres nothing wrong wtih supporting it though. i love my square enix collector edition sets that i dont ever open for pretty much every rpg they make a collectors or ultimate edition for.

i mean good for you, you the better man then me.

Avalyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Well, it runs on the Steam Deck. The next Switch sounds like it will have a lot of AI involved, so I don't think these games showing up on it, would be impossible.
That is a really strange assumption. Why would AI make it impossible? You do realise moderne gpus have a lot of ai going on as well right? It might actually run on the next switch because of AI....

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Well, it runs on the Steam Deck. The next Switch sounds like it will have a lot of AI involved, so I don't think these games showing up on it, would be impossible.
There will not be AI involved. Touch grass.
Post automatically merged:

Not going to buy a PS5 just to play this game. I will wait it comes to pc
I also like ports, that barely run.

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Until this game is complete and there is the final version i am not even touching the first one. ill wait so i can binge and enjoy it like it should be played. Not this silly milking braindead gamers to buy multiple installments of the game. AAA conjob imo

Friendly advice

Do.
Not.
Support
This.
Piece.
Of.
Trash.

The first chapter was a chore, nothing to do with the '97 original, no more baddies or motivation, little to no RPG elements, even FF7 Crisis core mission/chara building elements, the one and only tezuka Tetsuya's slight achievement, has been removed.

But playing all the three chapters in a row with 60 hours of hallways ?
I would hang myself.

You've been warned.

Last edited by CharlesDeGaulle,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol

That is a really strange assumption. Why would AI make it impossible? You do realise moderne gpus have a lot of ai going on as well right? It might actually run on the next switch because of AI....
One got the opposite of what I was trying to say and the other...

There will not be AI involved. Touch grass.
act like DLSS doesn't exist. Some Switch games already use FSR.

Reactions: Avalyn

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
time is precious. there is no stupidity here. why play something ull forget parts of in between waiting for the next iteration. waiting is for the smart gamer who gets more out of games imo then the hyperabused gimmie gimmie gimmie now now now gamer.

Get more out of games? I've played the first part 100% six times now and will likely play it fully again at least another time before Rebirth comes out, which I'll also likely get six playthroughs plus of before the next part. I've replayed basically every FF at least once a year every year since each one came out and these aren't any different.

Buying a game with the intention of playing it once or twice a year every year is how you get the most out of games, not waiting for god knows how long to likely play it once, as you voice concerns of forgetting parts (Which never happens if you're someone who replays games) it's likely you're the kind of one and done gamer who blatantly doesn't get even close to "getting more out of games".

You don't want or like the game yet then fair enough, but don't try to act like you have some kind of big brain approach and anyone who has bothered to play it can't possibly hope to appreciate it because they're too stupid to do what you say they should. Frankly there's no chance in hell you're getting the lot at a discounted price for several years after the last installment, they'll just a do a bundle on the store of each title that costs the same as them all seperate, no chance they're giving it away for less than that. I'd rather just get it as it comes out and get significantly more out of each entry by replaying it for the rest of my life, as opposed to waiting a decade to start.

Last edited by G25900,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Will the next part be called Afterbirth?
It has to start with an "R"? Revolution, resolution/resolve, reiteration, redone, or redundant.

"high end". It seems that FFXVI performed well, but not as great as they as they thought it could have; they have a range of expectations and it was not at all a "failure" that your post seems to suggest. The stock market follows the inevitable decline in trajectory. It'll probably go into bull mode as FFVII sales start, and then decline after the initial burst of sales. I'm not sure what you think you are saying.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It has to start with an "R"? Revolution, resolution/resolve, reiteration, redone, or redundant.

"high end". It seems that FFXVI performed well, but not as great as they as they thought it could have; they have a range of expectations and it was not at all a "failure" that your post seems to suggest. The stock market follows the inevitable decline in trajectory. It'll probably go into bull mode as FFVII sales start, and then decline after the initial burst of sales. I'm not sure what you think you are saying.
Don't know what you are talking about since Square Enix like any other gaming companies never told the public what their expectations were be it high end or low end. The only thing we know is since they didn't meet expectations, this caused their stock to drop.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I bought a PS4 Pro to play the remake in it's entirety, and all I got was the first part of it. :/
Not even the DLC.

I feel ripped off. I didn't want the game to be released in segments, first of all, and the PS5 launch got in the way. Now I need a PS5 to keep playing it? Nah, fuck ALL the way off Sony and Square...

Reactions: CharlesDeGaulle

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto