FFXIII Director Wants To Remake Final Fantasy VII

Oh Really?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaems said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Also, I'm not an FF-purist. I'm just a make-a-FF-that-mostly-everyone-is-fond-of-instead-of-just-going-in-wacky-new-directions-that-you-think-will-be-a-success-just-because-that's-what-nintendo-is-doing-and-they-have-success-with-that-process.
Maybe more like make-a-FF-and-try-to-update-the-outdated-battle-system-from-the-90s-and-offer-something-new-for-once-instead-of-recycling-the-same-gameplay-every-single-iteration-and-improve-the-graphics-just-to-play-it-safe-and-make-money-off-your-fans.
tpi.gif

Or they can use the "outdated", as you say, battle system for FF where they KNOW people will buy the game and enjoy it and create a NEW franchise with dumb ass battle systems. Do you really think that nobody wants to play classical turn based with nice graphics? I don't understand how it is outdated. Final Fantasy got to where it is today because of turn based, not some "auto battle" shit.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
luke_c said:
"If we had the manpower and the time to work on a project, if we were to remake Final Fantasy VII with the quality of Final Fantasy XIII it would become a tremendous project,"
yeah just what we need ff VII choked with 40gb of cutscenes too
tongue.gif

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh Really? said:
Jaems said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Also, I'm not an FF-purist. I'm just a make-a-FF-that-mostly-everyone-is-fond-of-instead-of-just-going-in-wacky-new-directions-that-you-think-will-be-a-success-just-because-that's-what-nintendo-is-doing-and-they-have-success-with-that-process.
Maybe more like make-a-FF-and-try-to-update-the-outdated-battle-system-from-the-90s-and-offer-something-new-for-once-instead-of-recycling-the-same-gameplay-every-single-iteration-and-improve-the-graphics-just-to-play-it-safe-and-make-money-off-your-fans.
tpi.gif

Or they can use the "outdated", as you say, battle system for FF where they KNOW people will buy the game and enjoy it and create a NEW franchise with dumb ass battle systems. Do you really think that nobody wants to play classical turn based with nice graphics? I don't understand how it is outdated. Final Fantasy got to where it is today because of turn based, not some "auto battle" shit.
But that's being cheap! In fact, that's using the Madden-strategy. You don't want the Madden strategy do y- ... oh well you do.

Yes, they KNOW people will buy it. Those people being old fans. By keeping the same battle-system they used in 1997, they'll only alienate potential customers and FF-fans.
I love Final Fantasy, and I love the oldies as much as I love the news ones (XII included). But I know they have to change up gameplay or it'll just get stale.
I'm not saying get rid of turn-based combat (though I wouldn't mind if they did, as long as whatever they do works). But I don't want to play the same game I played 15 years ago with better graphics.

Playing it safe, I think, only limits what they can do.

akuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
lol if they do end up makinh a FFXIII quality remake of FFVII, all the haters would secretly want to buy it while yelling FFVII sucks! Anyways alot more people like the idea of the remake than people who don't like it, so..... I'm not talking about forum campers and gaming geeks, but general public, alot don't even know of FF5 or 6, they just see something really new and shiny and jump onto it.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
most ppl flame ff7 but it doesnt matter, its just a personal opinion mainly coming from excessive fanboyism but i feel its a good idea
maybe they want to use the excess ff13 graphics in "some" game thus they went for ff13 part 2 or ff7
either way its good if u ask me... and as always, if u dont like a game, dont play it and if u do, do not overstress it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1