GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Slyakin said:
Sefi said:
I say remake 13! It's been too long and the graphics could use an upgrade.
Wait... what?
Hooray for sarcasm!
laugh.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yusuo said:
meh to 7, i would like to see 5 or 6 be remade for either or any console, outta the 3d games 8 was my favourite apart from the near pointless flashbacks

My thoughts exactly.

QUOTE(CFallenleaf @ Mar 19 2010, 12:27 PM) lol I definitely would love to have either a ps3 remake of 4 or 6

4 was already remade on the NDS. And 6 was technically remade for the PS1.

So that only leaves 5, so I guess we have to go with that
biggrin.gif

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i know, i've played them all, 4 on the ds is kinda retarded, the graphics are too pixel-ly and 6 for ps1 was a port not a remake

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
In FF7 you have a emo main character, which everyone hates to death.
He's emo but you can see he cares at points. He's one of my favourite characters ever though I can see why people can find him annoying
In FF8 you have an anti social, badass, main character with an awesome jacket and it has a much better sound track.
Squall looks cool but he's a complete prick throughout most of the game, also the Junction system is absolute balls. A remake implementing a changed battle system would be welcome
In FF9 you have a fast, thief, monkey main character who also hits on girls.
FFIX didn't do as well sales wise so Square would assume the fanbase isn't big enough, a remake would be good though
So tell me, would you seriously take FF7 over FF8 or FF9?

I'd also be fine with a FFX remake.
My main thing with FFVII is the nostalgia factor, I'll admit it, as it was the 1st FF game I ever played. I can see its flaws now but I still love it to bits, Cloud included...
wub.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
DeltaBurnt said:
In FF7 you have a emo main character, which everyone hates to death.
He's emo but you can see he cares at points. He's one of my favourite characters ever though I can see why people can find him annoying
In FF8 you have an anti social, badass, main character with an awesome jacket and it has a much better sound track.
Squall looks cool but he's a complete prick throughout most of the game, also the Junction system is absolute balls. A remake implementing a changed battle system would be welcome
In FF9 you have a fast, thief, monkey main character who also hits on girls.
FFIX didn't do as well sales wise so Square would assume the fanbase isn't big enough, a remake would be good though
So tell me, would you seriously take FF7 over FF8 or FF9?

My main thing with FFVII is the nostalgia factor, I'll admit it, as it was the 1st FF game I ever played. I can see its flaws now but I still love it to bits, Cloud included...
wub.gif

Who doesn't love a cool looking, anti social, prick? That's who I am, I love myself (in both the non weird way and weird way >.> .>).

With Cloud, you're saying that him caring in SOME points makes him the most lovable character of all? Hah. The only character I liked in FF7 was Cait Sith, the rest were either really generic or emo (I'm looking at you Vincent!).

Also if a game has a lower fan base, then remaking it would be a good way to bring that fan base up.

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
FFVII sucks and I wish people would stop circlejerking around it. You wanna remake a Final Fantasy game? Remake V or something.

Don't say Eight or Nine either because while they're superior to seven. They're still extremely overrated.

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delta has a point there, FFIX was a great, if slightly annoying game at points, but a remake would bring the fan base up especially with the ps3 graphics.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CyrusBlue said:
FFVII sucks and I wish people would stop circlejerking around it. You wanna remake a Final Fantasy game? Remake V or something.

Don't say Eight or Nine either because while they're superior to seven. They're still extremely overrated.

Well remaking recently made games like FFX or FFXII are useless because they already have decent graphics. So it makes sense to want to remake 8 or 9 because they are good games, really good, but their graphics could use an update.

And you saying that 8 and 9 are overrated is very redundant. VERY redundant. The whole series, while being enjoyable, is overrated.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:

I'd be fine with that, on the following conditions.

1. All content from International Edition must be included.
2. A way to skip cutscenes MUST be included.
3. Give us a choice of either English or Japanese voice acting.
4. Fix the stupid retard methods to get the celestial weapons (mainly the sub 0.00 chocobo race and the 200 lightning bolt dodge).

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
Who doesn't love a cool looking, anti social, prick? That's who I am, I love myself (in both the non weird way and weird way >.> .>).
As a guy who's been told he looks like Squall and is generally an anti-social prick I actually hate myself...oh well
With Cloud, you're saying that him caring in SOME points makes him the most lovable character of all? Hah. The only character I liked in FF7 was Cait Sith, the rest were either really generic or emo (I'm looking at you Vincent!).
Yeah, generic emo characters are annoying. I like Cloud but everybody has their own opinions, I don't see him as the most lovable but I do enjoy him with his identity dilemma as a character
Also if a game has a lower fan base, then remaking it would be a good way to bring that fan base up.
Not really, the whole idea of a remake is to please the existing fans. That's where most of the sales would come from, an FFVII is much more profitable
Also remember that the remit for Lightning was "a female Cloud Strife" so the FFXIII designer is obviously a fan of VII meaning that he would, of course, like to remake it.

Edit: Fix'd BBCode fail

23qwerty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
breaktemp said:
Hadriano said:
Can't they just remake a good game instead?

i fell ya...guess nobody played my favorite final fantasy 9 !?.

* then again alot of people didn't get into final fantasy until FFX *

i would REALLY prefer a FF9 remake...but i guess since the PS3 is failing...as far as game sales...and it will 99.98% get ported onto the XBOX360...i'm cool with a FF7 remake
lecture.gif
0% Chance FFVII remake is on 360.
Sony owns the publishing rights to it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFXIII Director Wants To Make Tons of Cash

Everyone knows that they want to remake FFVII because it will sell through the roof and clouds (no pun intended). All they'd do is basically make everything a lot more long-winded and add a bunch of overly flashy cutscenes.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I wouldn´t mind so much, I never played the original. It was not that I wasn´t interested, but the circumstances prevented me (busted power supply on my ps1 and my ps2 doesn´t play CD´s).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(