Hacking Edit: It is safe to update to 6.2 using atmosphere

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have little knowledge about this but a master key is required so unless the master key is somehow obtained it is impossible. I wouldn't say 6.2 will be unhackable forever and the key will likely be cracked or something eventually there just isn't an estimated timescale so people as always are losing it.

i see, i was silly, pardon me.

tnnuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
wait a few days until things get resolved 6.2 ... everything indicates that it was crack 6.2

ChromoTec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to some recent threads, 6.2.0 has been exploited. While it may not be safe to update yet, keep your eyes peeled, because it should be in the near future.

Grand-Master

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
Damn it! Nintendo gets always it hands on this things,... unevitable but the scene will not surrender, I hope... so I will stay tuned about next news and let's see what happens... sure a solution would be there sooner or after!

Ygolonac

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So this is a big deal? i'm on 6.0, will I not be able to play games that require higher firmware later on SXOS? can you bypass firmware?

Also heard 6.2 is cracked.

Last edited by Ygolonac,

ChromoTec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe bypassing firmware is something we can do at this point. Unless it's possible to somehow repair the fuses that the Switch burns (which would take way too much time and money to justify the means), bypassing firmware doesn't seem plausible at this point.

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad to hear it was "cracked" so fast but from what it sounds someone oof'd and revealed how they done it so now it can just be patched in the next firmware update since apparently it wasn't really fully cracked...

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All they have so far is the ability to decrypt 6.2 games and run them on 6.1.

There is additional work required to make 6.2 CFW, it could be a while.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: whobroughtben

JonoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shit, I just blindly installed the update after not using my Switch for a month or so. At first I thought the issue was just with auto RCM removed. Right now I'm unable to boot into custom firmware OR original. Is there anyway to downgrade?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit, I just blindly installed the update after not using my Switch for a month or so. At first I thought the issue was just with auto RCM removed. Right now I'm unable to boot into custom firmware OR original. Is there anyway to downgrade?
It's possible to downgrade, but because you burnt an eighth efuse, your sleep mode isn't going to work, and you'd have to boot RCM each time you want to coldboot the system.

It should also be noted that all official updates will remove AutoRCM. It needs to be reinstalled.

It might be worth waiting for 6.2.0 CFW support to be released instead of downgrading.

JonoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply. Is it normal behaviour that I can't boot into original firmware through the SX OS menu? Black screen for both custom and original firmware. I was just glad to see that 6.2 is already hacked, just need to wait until Xecuter pushes out the update.

Edit: Nevermind. I uninstalled auto RCM and can now boot straight into 6.2 OFW. Glad to see a new hack will be out soon.

Last edited by JonoX,

Mouser X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I *haven't* seen answered in this thread (I read this whole thread just in case), is this scenario:

I'm still on OFW 4.1.0, installed through official means. Can I update to 6.2.0, temporarily, using choidujorNX (or however it's spelled), without burning fuses, access the eShop, then downgrade back to 4.1.0? I realise fuses are burned at every opportunity in 6.2.0, so this might not be possible. But I haven't seen anything that confirms this. I just want to confirm my Nintendo Account is attached to a Switch, so I can purchase some eShop games from my PC's web browser. I'll download them later, when I can "safely" run 6.2.0.

I *do* have a 2nd Switch on 3.0.0, so keeping my 4.1.0 fuses aren't required. But it would be prefered to keep the option available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...