Edit: It is safe to update to 6.2 using atmosphere

Kubas_inko Nov 20, 2018.

1. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    I guess we are in for a wait untill another exploit is found or keys get cracked.

2. Daniel Navarro

Daniel Navarro Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2016
    Venezuela
    Is it still possible to do NAND backup at least? I'm at 6.2 and use SX OS with CFW (No emuNAND)

3. Kubas_inko
    OP

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    You can always do a NAND backup.
    And if you are on 6.2.0, how are you using SX OS?

4. Daniel Navarro

Daniel Navarro Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2016
    Venezuela
    Well, I havent gone back SX OS since the update, so I dont know for sure if trying to use the dongle will break my switch or not. Thats why Im asking :)

5. Kubas_inko
    OP

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    It won't break your Switch, you just won't be able to boot to 6.2.0 CFW

6. Daniel Navarro

Daniel Navarro Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2016
    Venezuela
    So I can access to the SX OS menu and do the NAND Backup from there without issues? Thats a relief for the moment.

7. Kubas_inko
    OP

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    yes

8. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I don't understand what you're saying...

9. Bakugo

Bakugo Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2016
    United States
    Remember when these same people said 5.0+ was unhackable right before the RCM exploit was released?

Why do you trust them?

Shadow_man7 likes this.
  10. Kubas_inko
    OP

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Because the same people (I am picking sciresm, who knew about RCM exploit) never said that (or if he did, he did not wanted to show he knows about working exploit).

11. Bakugo

Bakugo Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2016
    United States
    Exactly, they're not trustworthy, they lie. "it's unhackable" today becomes "anyone can hack it" tomorrow.

12. Kubas_inko
    OP

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    They lie, cause they want the exploits to stay unpatched for as long as possible. Would you rather tell everyone about your amazing exploit, which means that ninty would know and they can patch it or wait for as many switches to be affected by it so that more people can use it once it is released?
    And nobody says that 6.2.0 is unhackable. Everything will eventually get hacked.

13. Shadow_man7

Shadow_man7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2016
    Poland
    You are right and to be honest if we'll have to go to play cat 'n mouse play exploit -> patch -> exploit -> patch. It's not a good time to release any exploit, because we don't have even ONE game which needs 6.2 update. So it would be wise to release it after a more 6.2 games going to be released.

14. Kubas_inko
    OP

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    That's the problem with deja vu and jamais vu. They are waiting for Ninty to patch it, but ninty does not know about it. But if they release it, ninty would patch it and we would lose some parts of an exploit (which still work).

15. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    The way you worded it made it sound like you were saying its bad that the update didn’t brick systems

“They're not bricking the console, though. That's the worst part. The console can still be used, but many of it features will become unavailable. The salt on the wound.”

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Jamais Vu has been patched for ages, and was also released ages ago

The number of games that a firmware has, has absolutely no impact on when an exploit is released kek

16. Ian095

Ian095 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Kinda what I meant by them changing something that would make the game not work. So guessing what they've done will cause any game that requires 6.2 onwards to no longer work on older firmware? Guess I might have to wait longer to play Smash Bros then...

Tinfoil can bypass it during the installation of an NSP and it just works... From what's been said above though sounds like games from probably Smash Bros onwards might not work this way...

17. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Um no? I clearly state that they aren't bricking the system because what they are doing in terms of law is not a brick, with that being the most challenging aspect of the issue as it absolves them of any legal action from afflicted users.

18. lolcatzuru

lolcatzuru GBAtemp Fan

Apr 20, 2012
    United States
    so i have a question, how exactly does this affect future games and something like tinfoil? im aware (currently) tinfoil allows a FW bypass but would that be something affected by the key change?

19. Ian095

Ian095 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I have little knowledge about this but a master key is required so unless the master key is somehow obtained it is impossible. I wouldn't say 6.2 will be unhackable forever and the key will likely be cracked or something eventually there just isn't an estimated timescale so people as always are losing it.

20. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    interesting so now the Switch may end up sharing the same dilemma as the ps4 scene, but its too early to confirm that

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted