black screen emunand after updated with daybreak

autumns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after updating my OFW sysnand just fine through nintendo, i tried to update my emunand as well so that i could use themes without crashing cfw sysnand for being on diff firmwares, i initially had this issue the first time I installed 18.0.0 on my emunand and I assumed it was because I didn't follow the rentry guide perfectly (forgot to delete atmosphere/contents before updating, and chose to only install fat32 drivers rather than fat32+exfat because i only use fat32 anyway), but i restored an emunand backup i had from a week or two ago on 17.0.1 which let me boot again, and redid the process to the letter and the issue still exists.

The issue is that after updating to 18.0.0, everything works perfectly on cfw sysnand, I have atmosphere 1.7.0 running on OFW 18.0.0, and my semi-stock boots fine, but whenever i update the emunand to 18.0.0 using the daybreak guide on rentry and try to launch it through hekate it just gives me a black screen and i have to hold power for 10 seconds to shut down to boot into hekate again, there's no atmosphere logo or nintendo logo or anything it just goes straight to an unresponsive black screen until i fully power down.

I'm not sure what could be causing this, the only thing I can think of is that I did use this guide to edit my prodinfo on my emunand but not my sysnand to change my wifi region, is it possible that this is causing a bug on atmosphere or something?

EDIT: just tried booting with fusee.bin instead of fss0, blue/purple atmosphere screen flashes for a second then goes to black same as before :/

Last edited by autumns,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It might be related to editing your prodinfo.
I recall someone else who mention this problem and it turned out that the black prodinfo was the issue.
If you have a space SD card, also try a fresh install of hekate/atmosphere.
I have had also black sceens and a fresh install usually fixed it.
Don't go crazy with all kinds of guides and hacks.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Try booting the Switch without access to wifi and see what happens. The could maybe indicate whether the wifi region change is the issue. If that helps then try to implement DNSmitm

autumns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solved lol issue was switch-oc-suite, i already knew that it didn't work on 18.0 but i just assumed they meant the overclocking didn't work not that it wouldn't boot at all lolll im just dumb my b

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade