Apr 20, 2012
    United States
    i see, i was silly, pardon me.

2. Darkprime23

Darkprime23 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2018
    New Zealand
    This is exactly why I keep my switch offline. Seen a couple of posts about people having their switch's auto update.

Last edited by Darkprime23, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Dylan414

Dylan414 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2018
    Spain
    I accidentally updated my console to 6.2.0, with ReiNX, can I downgrade with choudojoir to 6.1.0 and run CFW?

4. Sonikkua

Sonikkua GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2011
    United States
  5. tnnuy

tnnuy Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2018
    Portugal
    wait a few days until things get resolved 6.2 ... everything indicates that it was crack 6.2

6. ChromoTec

ChromoTec Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    Iowa, USA
    According to some recent threads, 6.2.0 has been exploited. While it may not be safe to update yet, keep your eyes peeled, because it should be in the near future.

7. Grand-Master

Grand-Master Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2018
    United States
    God bless you!
    Damn it! Nintendo gets always it hands on this things,... unevitable but the scene will not surrender, I hope... so I will stay tuned about next news and let's see what happens... sure a solution would be there sooner or after!

8. Ygolonac

Ygolonac GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    So this is a big deal? i'm on 6.0, will I not be able to play games that require higher firmware later on SXOS? can you bypass firmware?

Also heard 6.2 is cracked.

Last edited by Ygolonac, Nov 24, 2018
  9. ChromoTec

ChromoTec Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    Iowa, USA
    I don't believe bypassing firmware is something we can do at this point. Unless it's possible to somehow repair the fuses that the Switch burns (which would take way too much time and money to justify the means), bypassing firmware doesn't seem plausible at this point.

10. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
  11. Ian095

Ian095 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Glad to hear it was "cracked" so fast but from what it sounds someone oof'd and revealed how they done it so now it can just be patched in the next firmware update since apparently it wasn't really fully cracked...

12. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    I already updated since I don't plan on hacking my Switch for a while since I like being able to play games online..

13. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    All they have so far is the ability to decrypt 6.2 games and run them on 6.1.

There is additional work required to make 6.2 CFW, it could be a while.

Last edited by smf, Nov 25, 2018
    whobroughtben likes this.
  14. PersonThatLikesGames

PersonThatLikesGames Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2018
    United States
    Thanks for the advise, Kubas_inkl.

15. JonoX

JonoX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2007
    Canada
    Shit, I just blindly installed the update after not using my Switch for a month or so. At first I thought the issue was just with auto RCM removed. Right now I'm unable to boot into custom firmware OR original. Is there anyway to downgrade?

16. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    It's possible to downgrade, but because you burnt an eighth efuse, your sleep mode isn't going to work, and you'd have to boot RCM each time you want to coldboot the system.

It should also be noted that all official updates will remove AutoRCM. It needs to be reinstalled.

It might be worth waiting for 6.2.0 CFW support to be released instead of downgrading.

17. JonoX

JonoX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2007
    Canada
    Thanks for the reply. Is it normal behaviour that I can't boot into original firmware through the SX OS menu? Black screen for both custom and original firmware. I was just glad to see that 6.2 is already hacked, just need to wait until Xecuter pushes out the update.

Edit: Nevermind. I uninstalled auto RCM and can now boot straight into 6.2 OFW. Glad to see a new hack will be out soon.

Last edited by JonoX, Nov 25, 2018
  18. Chivas1980

Chivas1980 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2018
    Singapore
    Hi my system is based on 5.01. can i update manually to 6.1 or i can use atmosephere using 5.01 firmware without update to 6.1?

19. Kubas_inko
    OP

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Both. You can either update with choidujourNX or stay where you are and use tinfoil's ignore FW version feature when installing games.

20. Mouser X

Mouser X Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    What I *haven't* seen answered in this thread (I read this whole thread just in case), is this scenario:

I'm still on OFW 4.1.0, installed through official means. Can I update to 6.2.0, temporarily, using choidujorNX (or however it's spelled), without burning fuses, access the eShop, then downgrade back to 4.1.0? I realise fuses are burned at every opportunity in 6.2.0, so this might not be possible. But I haven't seen anything that confirms this. I just want to confirm my Nintendo Account is attached to a Switch, so I can purchase some eShop games from my PC's web browser. I'll download them later, when I can "safely" run 6.2.0.

I *do* have a 2nd Switch on 3.0.0, so keeping my 4.1.0 fuses aren't required. But it would be prefered to keep the option available.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted