Completely lost coming back to the switch scene

volba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I let someone else use my switch and haven't touched it in over 4+ years, so I've completely forgotten what I'm doing and had a couple questions. I'm sure everything I'm asking has been posted, there's just so many different guides that say different things and I'm scared to mess anything up being so out of the loop on an old CFW.

First, I believe my original NAND backup is lost now on a dead HDD. Is it possible I have a copy on the SD itself and what files am I looking for, BOOT0/BOOT1? Is it still possible to get another backup and should I do that first? Without an original NAND backup, am I screwed out of ever playing original games on OFW or risking bricking it if I touch the CFW?

My switch is at system version 6.2.0 using Atmosphere 0.8.2 + Kosmos 1.1.0. Which should I update first and is there something I should switch over to (I saw Kosmos is archived now.)? Is it safe to update the switch itself from CFW?

Also my HBmenu has Checkpoint 3.5.0, ChoiDujourNX 1.0.1, EdiZon 1.5.1, hb app store 2.0, Tinfoil 0.2.1. Are any of these antiquated or need to be changed?

Basically I have no fucking clue what i'm doing anymore and basically am almost at step one again. Can anyone point me in the direction into getting onto a new/updated CFW and how to install new backups/updates or if there's a new method other than manually installing NSPS with tinfoil?

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Do you already have emunand set up? If you do then who cares about a backup nand? You can create another backup nand if you want anyways.

For a guide on updating to Atmosphere 1.5.2 is here
https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0

Here is another link to the homepage of the guide which has other useful information
https://rentry.org/switchhackingiseasy

The guide links to the most up to date atmosphere/hekate/sigpatches etc, but you'll need to update Checkpoint, Edizon, tinfoil manually.

Use Daybreak, which comes with the Atmosphere install, to update your firmware instead of Choi. An update HB menu also comes with Atmosphere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Hey