Hacking Edit: It is safe to update to 6.2 using atmosphere

Doboulgyser

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So like I said earlyer im now on 6.2.0 and have auto rcm enabled.
i did update to hekate 4.5 and use atmosphere 0.8.1. without problems.
I dont even have a cartridge and im not going online ^^

so PreventGCUpdate doesnt matter for me right ?

Edit: my switch wants to do a controller update is this safe to do? Edit: Ok found the answer, its safe if anyone wants to know ^^

Last edited by Doboulgyser,

Shadow147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
So I decided just to wipe the slate clean and update to 6.2.0 via wifi, transfer my saves and be done with it.

And it's all done now, and I got atmosphere right back up, have reinstalled everything and it's looking great!

Just coming back to give a huge shout-out to ZachyCatGames for all the advice-- thank you!!

Also: although in the end it didn't matter much, I was actually able to boot into maintenance mode, by fully shutting down the console via hekate, then doing the normal method (holding both volume buttons on startup), and then shutting down from maintenance mode and rebooting into RCM.
I double-checked afterwards and it didn't burn any fuses, in case anybody's wondering!

Now I just need to figure out usb install from a mac! :D Will have a look around the forums but do lemme know if anyone's got handy links on the subject!

Last edited by Shadow147,
Reactions: ZachyCatGames

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: First she gets the clap, then I get the slap? +1