DS #XXXX: C.O.P. The Recruit *CRACK REPACK* (Europe)

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Azadar said:
this game isnt worth all the trouble seriously its like a real poor mans GTA...

It's far better than "Chinatown Wars" from the few times I played it until now, that what I was excepting for "Chinatown Wars" in fact, "a real 3D game" and not a "crappy 2D view where you can see nothing").

About the rom, if the game don't work (black screen after the save select screen with your SuperCard SD (first old version) for thoses who have one, activate the "Enable DMA Mode" and then the game should work, it's working for me at least with tha option).

mister seta 123

Trophies
XP
Country
Nitro Edd said:
can anyone confirm if it fixes the freeze at the start of Rev's initiation monster truck level?

EDIT: i can confirm that the Rev's initiation level is still protected,

Mission 18 - i have 2 choices
talk to crimp about the fat man
and revs level

it freezes after rev says choose your route - black screen and music plays for a while

acekard 2.1 and akaio 1.5 latest loaders

Yeah, i got the same problem with my R4 with firmware 1.18
frown.gif

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pros:
-made by people wanting to do a traditional console game on the DS instead of doing some lame "DS style" game
-fully streaming 3D city with many landmarks, and pretty constant framerate, except when traveling over bridges. the buildings have a nice distant draw distance, and cars, objects and more have plenty of draw distance for you to avoid them and notice them
-lots of traffic(for better or worse, it's still and impressive aspect)
-fantastic perspective in driving, 3rd person moving, and 2nd person shooting
-near flawless controls, actual easy aiming for a ds shooter game
-awesome music, and realistic ambient city track
-varied mission design
-sub-missions, photo locations, busing blocks, and timer medals are great additional to the main quests to complete
-high speed car chases, drifting, traffic dodging, and even some car physics
-well modeled characters
-FANTASTIC textures, and great animation for the main character

Cons:
-whenever you need or want to restart a mission, you often restart in the exact location in the center of the city, and you need to reach your destination, go through any conversation, and try the mission again. the game should just start you back off from when you start to control your character and you need to accomplish the mission.
-cars are pretty much immovable. you really want to avoid hitting cars, as they will stop all of your momentum and you must then accellerate back to speed. this also applies to your car. your car should maintain momentum, deflect, and perhaps flip upon hitting other cars or immovable objects, like immovable trees and phone booths(bus stops?). this really hurts your ability to chase after people. starsky and hutch for consoles actually had much less traffic than in this game.
-some aspects of the game should be automated, which conflict with controlling the game. while switching from buttons to stylus and back is not much of a pain, the game makes you use some awkward controls when it is not the most convenient, text, which can be skipped with the R button, could have easily been put on the primary B button or the A button, when, usually, the rest of the buttons are disabled during text.
-cars drift automatically, as if the hand brake is always on. I should be able to drift if I accelerate, turn, and brake/reverse, like in most other driving games. this is even worse on the flash back stages, which commonly (if not always) take place in the middle of winter, when drifting is even less controllable.
-the game has a nice car physics engine for going off of jumps, this feels unused, as there are very few places in the city, outside of missions, when you ever make your car jump. I just feel that there needs to be random ramps all across the city.
-shooting, while intuitive and well implemented, is unrefined in other aspects. to shoot enemies, you must be within a particular distance, at which point you can aim at their body and shoot. while this aspect feels somewhat abnormal, it is not why shooting is flawed. within the range of shooting enemies, the enemies also are withing shooting distance of you, and they never miss. so instead of fights where you have to dodge bullets and shoot the enemy, you can simply walk up to them and take turns shooting him, as it becomes more of a waiting game than anything else, as he has less health and will die before you do, unless you are overrun by enemies somehow. the engine for shooting seems like it would do great for other shooting games, as long as the enemies can miss you.
-the sub missions that happen while driving across the city are announced to you via radio. due to the length of the radio message, and how this concept works, the event will always be a block behind the direction you are currently driving. while it is only slightly annoying if you want to do sub missions and have to turn around each time, it really just detracts from the want of people to do sub missions. I may very well choose to do a quick chase if the opportunity presented itself, but it happens to present itself much too late
-all of your actions are completely legal. you can stop any car in the middle of the road, any at all, commandeer it(i suppose) and drive away. you can crash into any policeman and they don't care, you're a cop too, i guess. but I feel that you might need to be punished for your crimes, like in GTA games.
-I wish I could run over civilians, shoot them or other characters, outside of enemies. but I cant, and civilians simply run away screaming.

so overall, this game is very fun to play, and it looks fantastic, as these developers actually knew how to make a game with good aspects, and they really pushed the limits of what has been developed on the DS before it. there are some minor aspects that I would have changed, but I completely enjoy the experience I get from the game.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MeleeMaster500 said:
Pros:
-made by people wanting to do a traditional console game on the DS instead of doing some lame "DS style" game
-fully streaming 3D city with many landmarks, and pretty constant framerate, except when traveling over bridges. the buildings have a nice distant draw distance, and cars, objects and more have plenty of draw distance for you to avoid them and notice them
-lots of traffic(for better or worse, it's still and impressive aspect)
-fantastic perspective in driving, 3rd person moving, and 2nd person shooting
-near flawless controls, actual easy aiming for a ds shooter game
-awesome music, and realistic ambient city track
-varied mission design
-sub-missions, photo locations, busing blocks, and timer medals are great additional to the main quests to complete
-high speed car chases, drifting, traffic dodging, and even some car physics
-well modeled characters
-FANTASTIC textures, and great animation for the main character

Cons:
-whenever you need or want to restart a mission, you often restart in the exact location in the center of the city, and you need to reach your destination, go through any conversation, and try the mission again. the game should just start you back off from when you start to control your character and you need to accomplish the mission.
-cars are pretty much immovable. you really want to avoid hitting cars, as they will stop all of your momentum and you must then accellerate back to speed. this also applies to your car. your car should maintain momentum, deflect, and perhaps flip upon hitting other cars or immovable objects, like immovable trees and phone booths(bus stops?). this really hurts your ability to chase after people. starsky and hutch for consoles actually had much less traffic than in this game.
-some aspects of the game should be automated, which conflict with controlling the game. while switching from buttons to stylus and back is not much of a pain, the game makes you use some awkward controls when it is not the most convenient, text, which can be skipped with the R button, could have easily been put on the primary B button or the A button, when, usually, the rest of the buttons are disabled during text.
-cars drift automatically, as if the hand brake is always on. I should be able to drift if I accelerate, turn, and brake/reverse, like in most other driving games. this is even worse on the flash back stages, which commonly (if not always) take place in the middle of winter, when drifting is even less controllable.
-the game has a nice car physics engine for going off of jumps, this feels unused, as there are very few places in the city, outside of missions, when you ever make your car jump. I just feel that there needs to be random ramps all across the city.
-shooting, while intuitive and well implemented, is unrefined in other aspects. to shoot enemies, you must be within a particular distance, at which point you can aim at their body and shoot. while this aspect feels somewhat abnormal, it is not why shooting is flawed. within the range of shooting enemies, the enemies also are withing shooting distance of you, and they never miss. so instead of fights where you have to dodge bullets and shoot the enemy, you can simply walk up to them and take turns shooting him, as it becomes more of a waiting game than anything else, as he has less health and will die before you do, unless you are overrun by enemies somehow. the engine for shooting seems like it would do great for other shooting games, as long as the enemies can miss you.
-the sub missions that happen while driving across the city are announced to you via radio. due to the length of the radio message, and how this concept works, the event will always be a block behind the direction you are currently driving. while it is only slightly annoying if you want to do sub missions and have to turn around each time, it really just detracts from the want of people to do sub missions. I may very well choose to do a quick chase if the opportunity presented itself, but it happens to present itself much too late
-all of your actions are completely legal. you can stop any car in the middle of the road, any at all, commandeer it(i suppose) and drive away. you can crash into any policeman and they don't care, you're a cop too, i guess. but I feel that you might need to be punished for your crimes, like in GTA games.
-I wish I could run over civilians, shoot them or other characters, outside of enemies. but I cant, and civilians simply run away screaming.

so overall, this game is very fun to play, and it looks fantastic, as these developers actually knew how to make a game with good aspects, and they really pushed the limits of what has been developed on the DS before it. there are some minor aspects that I would have changed, but I completely enjoy the experience I get from the game.

I must Admit that There Should be a lot of Cons. The Restarting part is a Pain.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jonk said:
With this ROM, I also have a black Screen at the 18th mission! I use an EZ Flash Vi. Help, please!
unsure.gif

Sorry, for my bad english, I'm from Germany. I hope you understand me!

Nitro Edd said:
can anyone confirm if it fixes the freeze at the start of Rev's initiation monster truck level?

EDIT: i can confirm that the Rev's initiation level is still protected,

Mission 18 - i have 2 choices
talk to crimp about the fat man
and revs level

it freezes after rev says choose your route - black screen and music plays for a while

acekard 2.1 and akaio 1.5 latest loaders

QUOTE(ikds @ Nov 9 2009, 03:01 PM)
Damn , why the game freeze Mission 18-19 on my ak2i ;/ ????
One of you guys can upload his save somewhere, so someone can investigate on this problem ?

Edit : Never mind, got one. Thanks Normmatt.
wink.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wei1995223 said:
How can I past the 18th mission?(take photos in the CrouBar)My card is R4 v1.18

You know...the (U) Version of C.O.P. The Recruit is out and it has all the Anti-Piracy Cracked, as I've heard. I'm going to try to pass Mission 18 and see if there would be any AP, nonetheless, should be good.

wei1995223

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I am r4ymond said:
wei1995223 said:
How can I past the 18th mission?(take photos in the CrouBar)My card is R4 v1.18

You know...the (U) Version of C.O.P. The Recruit is out and it has all the , as I've heard. I'm going to try to pass Mission 18 and see if there would be any AP, nonetheless, should be good.

Yap...I've heard that English version is much better...Does English have Anti-Piracy Cracked?

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beat the game, it has about 50 missions

the big resetting problem is only really a problem if you want to get every award and you've already finished the challenge, otherwise, if you die or fail a mission, you start back where the mission begins.

the plot kinda goes past pretty fast, especially since it has several subplots all happening at once, yet you can figure out the main plot, and the others you can understand by what happens after the sub-plots, for the most part...

characters aren't that animated, as most of the time the story is told just to get across a sense of action and emergency than anything else.

I wish someone can rip the soundtrack from this game, its pretty sweet and very overlooked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: