Gaming Getting a Korg DS-10 PLUS to work in Europe.

JustMe_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you.:)

Yes,that is a working Combination.:D
You know there are "two" Versions of this plus Game ?

4868 - Korg DS-10+ Synthesizer (USA) (NDSi Enhanced)
z129 - Korg DS-10+ Synthesizer Limited Edition (En,Ja) (NDSi Enhanced)

Unfortunately,I have no Idea,what is the Difference.:)

No, thank you!! :) You've been really helpful.

Yes, not sure what the differences are either. I tried the 4868 and it worked ok, but without the dual feature.
Best!!

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

JustMe_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you all. This is going a bit over my head now :) I will simply get a NTSC DSi and a NTSC-J Cartridge for now and it should work. The DSi I am lookign at, despite being Japanese (and the menus are locked in Japanese language) is still region free, so it can run any cartridge/game, from any region. I just need to have a NTSC console to run this region-protected specific game (Korg DS-10 Plus).

pngn3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello.:)

If you like to mod/hack your DSi and install TWiLight Menu

you can play

- Korg DS-10 EU
- Korg DS-10 US
- Korg DS-10 Plus US

All three Versions work with the latest TWiLight Version v14.0.0.

View attachment 205037 View attachment 205038 View attachment 205039 View attachment 205040

you have the ds10+ rom:? i've tried countless roms just trying to find one which will launch with twlmenu. the best one i found just launches to black screen. can you explain how you got the dsi enhanced version (ds10+) to work?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.:)

you have the ds10+ rom:? i've tried countless roms just trying to find one which will launch with twlmenu. the best one i found just launches to black screen. can you explain how you got the dsi enhanced version (ds10+) to work?

I am sorry,no,I do not have the Original Game but it seems @JustMe_
If you look for a working Rom,please try archive.org and the Search Term "No-Intro"

Good Luck.

Cajjjjko

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

Sorry to necro the thread - I'm attempting the same. But I was under the impression that Twilight Menu can now run in DSi mode?

I've been trying on both a N3DSXL & a DSi XL EU region - same outcome:

The most commonly found downloads (4868 - Korg DS-10+ Synthesizer (DSi Enhanced) (U).nds) complain about missing DSI binaries. However, the *snip* copy goes straight into a black screen. But! I managed to get it working with the 2nd Korg deck after AP patching it manually using DS-Scene Rom Tool..

Problem is, it is a glitchy affair, for example trying to exit a session results in the game freezing.

I tried Pokemon Black 2 which is 'DSi enhanced' and it loads fine without needing a manual patch.

Does this mean the available online dumps of Korg DS-10 Plus are all bad? No good patches available? (given that Twilight Menu won't auto-patch anyways?)

Finally, if I buy a Japan version cartridge (as they are cheaper), will I be able to play on a EU system with Unlauncher? My understanding this would be the case...?

Thank you!

Last edited by porkiewpyne,
Reactions: Alexander1970

mess

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ATTENTION EVERYONE
Yesterday I actually found THREE fully functional ROMs of the DS-10 Plus on [*edit* - a website I can't name according to the rules]!
Totally by accident. (I assume posting links to ROMs is not allowed here tho?)

I'm not sure if either I just got lucky with compability on the latest twilight version, or if no one ever bothered to check out the ROMs at [that website]. Before that I had the same issue as everyone else here. I ran a DS10 Plus ROM on an old DSLite for years and got excited for the enhanced features when I recently got my hands on a DSi - only to find out that it doesn't work at all under twilight even in DS-mode. Always got the "missing binaries" message, then stuck in a black screen or more error messages. All other online sources seem to be the exact same ROM or a misnamed Korg M01, and most people on forums say that it's not possible to run it at all on a hacked DSi. I felt like it should be at least possible in regular DS-mode like on my DSLite, and gave it one last try by checking for other copies without any high expectations... and now I'm really glad that I did that.

A couple words on the added features:
- obviously and well known, the basic DS-mode adds a mute function in song mode where any instrument track of a pattern can be auto-muted at any position of a song, and there's also live editing during song playback without getting kicked out of song-mode

Now to the DSi enhanced features:
- It's not just that you get twice as many tracks/instruments, but you rather run two sessions at the same time. When opening a session you choose between single mode and dual mode. The single mode is functionally identical to what you get in DS-mode. In dual mode you get asked to pick two sessions, called Deck A and Deck B, which are run in sync while their respective parts can be accessed and edited by switching the A/B button on the top right. You can mix any two sessions, but other than that the patterns are always linked during playback, like A1-B1, A2-B2 etc., meaning you can't have pattern A-4 played back with B-12. You also need one save state for each session-part/deck, so a song with A-B parts needs two seperate save states, resulting in 18 single sessions for 9 dual sessions. If you click save it will only save the part currently viewed. The only unrelated, new thing saved for a session-part in dual mode are the song-related mute commands for the other part, which will be applied to any session/deck you combine it with. (all kinda seems like the developers were trying to change the original code as little as possible)
- Effects are seperated too, so you can run two seperate effects for A and B, like delay on A and flanger on B
- Making use of the added mute function in song mode you could actually have 32 different 6-track patterns per song
- You can also program TWO seperate songs in a Dual Mode session, A and B, of course with both of them using the tracks and patterns of both parts
- Some of the navigation in song mode is a little bit confusing at first. With song-mode activated, the A/B button in the main window switches the viewing/editing for the two song parts, while A/B in the song window switches the playback. The combined "A-B"-button in the song window plays both after another, which can double the song length to 200 pattern positions. Took me a little while to understand that; at first I thought the song mode is bugged playing patterns that aren't even clicked.
- Pro tip: Since live editing in song-mode works in the Plus version you could also use one of the song parts exclusively to loop, edit and compose +32-step patterns by having multiple patterns looped after another, all without messing with your "main"-song (Taken to an extreme you could have four 256-step patterns, or a single 1024-step pattern in a dual session).
- Again, the A and B parts (both patterns & songs) have to be saved seperately during a session, otherwise they get lost.

Last edited by mess,

mess

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, I edited it out.
For anyone still searching: It's an older, reputable ROM site that has been active for 20+ years and even has a thread on the forums. Three versions of DS+, all with the correct cover, no Korg M01.

ranXerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Sorry, I edited it out.
For anyone still searching: It's an older, reputable ROM site that has been active for 20+ years and even has a thread on the forums. Three versions of DS+, all with the correct cover, no Korg M01..
..still searching but haven´t found it yet :-(

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yep, I tried to find solution with ranXerox by PMs and it seems DS10+ USA doesn't run on his DSi EUR console with last TWiLight menu++. And it runs on my DSi JPN console OK..
He got "The DSi binaries are missing please get a clean dump of this rom or start in DS mode" -error .

mess

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe someone can give me a hint without violating forum rules...

gbatemp.net/threads/how-has-vimms-lair-stayed-up-so-long.602783/

Lemme know if it works; I'm curious if it was really just the corrupted rom for everyone else as well. Also, comparing checksums is a good way to check if rom files from different sources are actually identical.

Reactions: assassinz

ranXerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
gbatemp.net/threads/how-has-vimms-lair-stayed-up-so-long.602783/

Lemme know if it works; I'm curious if it was really just the corrupted rom for everyone else as well. Also, comparing checksums is a good way to check if rom files from different sources are actually identical.

Hello and sorry for my late reply.
After updating to the latest Twilight Menu (currently v26.6.0), all KORG DS-10+ roms available on "the site whose name we do not mention" are now running on my euro DSi XL. So no need to get a Japanese or US device to run the enhanced Korg synth. Thanks to all who have helped....

Reactions: Garcimak

ph3d0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello and sorry for my late reply.
After updating to the latest Twilight Menu (currently v26.6.0), all KORG DS-10+ roms available on "the site whose name we do not mention" are now running on my euro DSi XL. So no need to get a Japanese or US device to run the enhanced Korg synth. Thanks to all who have helped....
Hi,
that's strange: all nds-bootstrap versions above 0.7.2 crash ds-10+ with the "data abort" error on the red screen on my dsi's (1 european, 1 japanese model), so I had to manually downgrade nds-bs to this older version. Looks like you are lucky.
Greetings

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
are those korg programms worth it ? like the old c64 and amiga music programms? or is it just like a korg vst plugin with less options?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
are those korg programms worth it ? like the old c64 and amiga music programms? or is it just like a korg vst plugin with less options?
From what I remember it's just a stand alone vst, I don't think it had a sequenceer tho I could be wrong.

You would have to sync it with a midi daw to use it as an instrument for music creation as the actual synth itself was good but I don't recall any songs being made entirely from that one synth alone!

Reactions: rantex92

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From what I remember it's just a stand alone vst, I don't think it had a sequenceer tho I could be wrong.

You would have to sync it with a midi daw to use it as an instrument for music creation as the actual synth itself was good but I don't recall any songs being made entirely from that one synth alone!
thank you for the information

ive done some research and to make it short for musicians you could just use the soundfonts of those korgs they are out there so no need for midi conversion

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Shocking that some are in English