Gaming Getting a Korg DS-10 PLUS to work in Europe.

JustMe_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi,

I would like to get a Nintendo DS console just to play the DS-10 PLUS (not the original, non-PLUS, version). However I am in Europe, and it is being a pain finding a console that work. The ROMs I got do not work, not in a DSi with a R4 card (only the not-PLUS version ROM works), nor in a DS Lite with the R4, which I thought it would. Probably, as someone said, this ROM simply does not work.

Now, I am completely begginer in this. I just want to use this synth and make songs. What can I do? Should I get an American or Japanese NTSC console (import it, most surely from the States or Japan or something), and then buy the cartridge from Japan on ebay. Woudl this work? Would there be problems with the language in the game or console? Or would there be another solution with a locally-bought second hand PAL / European version?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Reactions: Alexander1970

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Only DSi-exclusive games are region-locked as far as I know, so it should run just fine with any region of the cartridge. I've never tried it for myself though, I probably should.

Edit: I'll try something later today, if I remember and I have the time :)

Edit 2: It appears @alexander1970 has already done so

Last edited by banjo2,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi,

I would like to get a Nintendo DS console just to play the DS-10 PLUS (not the original, non-PLUS, version). However I am in Europe, and it is being a pain finding a console that work. The ROMs I got do not work, not in a DSi with a R4 card (only the not-PLUS version ROM works), nor in a DS Lite with the R4, which I thought it would. Probably, as someone said, this ROM simply does not work.

Now, I am completely begginer in this. I just want to use this synth and make songs. What can I do? Should I get an American or Japanese NTSC console (import it, most surely from the States or Japan or something), and then buy the cartridge from Japan on ebay. Woudl this work? Would there be problems with the language in the game or console? Or would there be another solution with a locally-bought second hand PAL / European version?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Hello.:)

If you like to mod/hack your DSi and install TWiLight Menu
https://dsi.cfw.guide/

you can play

- Korg DS-10 EU
- Korg DS-10 US
- Korg DS-10 Plus US

All three Versions work with the latest TWiLight Version v14.0.0.

P1360693.JPG P1360694.JPG P1360695.JPG P1360696.JPG

Thank you.:)

JustMe_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

you can play

- Korg DS-10 EU
- Korg DS-10 US
- Korg DS-10 Plus US

Thanks. That sounds interesting. It also looks complicated to implement and “dangerous”. Is it? :)

I wouldn’t mind trying though. As I said I wanted a console just for this specific synth, and a Korg M01 maybe. I don’t mind playing a few games on the side, but it is not my main goal.

So this works on any DSi, and just DSis yes? So it can be an european DSi as well yes?

And then a Rom of the Korg program with an r4 would work with this arrangment? Or would I still have to get a cartridge from japan or something?

Thank you.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks. That sounds interesting. It also looks complicated to implement and “dangerous”. Is it? :)

I wouldn’t mind trying though. As I said I wanted a console just for this specific synth, and a Korg M01 maybe. I don’t mind playing a few games on the side, but it is not my main goal.

So this works on any DSi, and just DSis yes? So it can be an european DSi as well yes?

And then a Rom of the Korg program with an r4 would work with this arrangment? Or would I still have to get a cartridge from japan or something?

Thank you.

With Modding/Hacking a Device every time "something can happen".
The most important Advise - please check if your Battery is full and/or plug in the AC Adapter.:D

Yes,it modifies your DSi (by the Way,you can use an EU Modell,of course).
This (Unlaunch) can be removed under one important Circumstance - you should never install something to your NAND after you installed Unlaunch.Or,as also said,of an "weak" NAND Chip.:D

Seriously,it is a very safe Way today with the Memory Pit Exploit an it takes a few Minutes to finish it with an installed TWiLight Menu.

Please read in Calm and Peace,read it again if something is unclear and you can simlpy ask here anytime for Help.
In the DS(i) Forum (like in all other GBAtemp Forums of course) you will get reliable and kind Help in the same Second from many helpful and kind Users.:D

Yes,correct,the Custom Firmware Modding works only on the DSi and DSi XL,for the DS/DS Lite and TWiLight Menu you need a Flashcard.

And also yes,the Korg Programs works on a R4 (Clone) Flashcard.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

Thank you.
Nintendo DSi CFW guide with TWiLight++ included (and optional HiyaCFW)

https://dsi.cfw.guide/ (After modding, you can easy upgrade to latest TWiLight++ Menu V14 )

Modded 2 DSi consoles and a DSi XL this week with this guide

GBATemp TWiLight++ Discussion here

Last edited by DjoeN,

JustMe_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Great! Thank you all for the help! You seem to be a very friendly group! Thank you.

And you encouraged me to try. Will get me a DSi or DSi XL, an R4 card (BTW - an R4iTT will work ok??), and try it. If I have any questions I will ask here then.

Thank you again!

JustMe_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry (noob question here surely), but a “R4iTT“ card will work yes? It comes with the DSi and a microSd, and it is working to run some games.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If it is this Flashcard which comes with the DSi can you please check this Points ?

Please can you ask the Seller/check the Firmware on the DSi you will get/want to buy please ?
I am pretty sure it has to be Version 1.4.4x or lower because this Flashcard did not work on the latest Version 1.4.5x on the DSi.
Also which Kernel Software is on it please ?

Reactions: JustMe_

JustMe_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you mean this (the Purple) then yes,it works also great with TWiLight Menu.:)

View attachment 205046

Yes, it is this! Thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If it is this Flashcard which comes with the DSi can you please check this Points ?

Please can you ask the Seller/check the Firmware on the DSi you will get/want to buy please ?
I am pretty sure it has to be Version 1.4.4x or lower because this Flashcard did not work on the latest Version 1.4.5x on the DSi.
Also which Kernel Software is on it please ?

Do I need to ask the seller this? I don’t think she would know how to answer these questions... If it comes with that card it should work ok regardless yes?

Also, the Korg M01 Rom will also work?

Thanks again friends.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes, it is this! Thanks!

Do I need to ask the seller this? I don’t think she would know how to answer these questions... If it comes with that card it should work ok regardless yes?

Also, the Korg M01 Rom will also work?

Thanks again friends.

Thank you.
I understand,of course.:)

The physical Gamecart (if you buy it) will work.
The Game on the Flashcard should also work.:)

Reactions: banjo2 and JustMe_

JustMe_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks a lot.

One last question, as I am at it: not all R4 cards will work is that it? The R4i cards are clones of official r4 cards is that so? (Sorry, I am still learning!)

Will the one on the photo below also work?
6996089B-0C92-4130-B92A-2B203858D387.jpeg

Or this?...(trying to decide on what to buy, sorry...)
6FB2CE97-2211-491F-BD4E-E33E31A73D26.jpeg

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
They are both ok.:)

A very recommended Flashcard is this:
https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

Please be sure,before you get used Flashcard(s),they are really working (Screenshots) and which Kernel Software is on it !! Very Important,for some really older Cards it is really hard to get a working Software.

You can also make an Thread in the
DS Flashcard Section about it and ask for other Users Opinions too.:)

Thank you and
Good Luck.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: JustMe_ and banjo2

JustMe_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

https://dsi.cfw.guide/

you can play

- Korg DS-10 EU
- Korg DS-10 US
- Korg DS-10 Plus US

One question please: With the Korg DS-10 PLUS (US) you have installed, do you have access to the 4 synth parts and 2 drum machines? Or just 2 Synths and 1 Drum Machine? I believe the double version would only work on a NTSC DSi (or DSi XL) machine, with a NTSC DS-10 Plus Cartridge, that is why I am asking! You can run the D-10 Plus on a PAL DSi, but will only have the 2 synths and 1 drum machine.

I ended up buying a DSi XL that can run the Korg DS-10 Plus! (The seller checked and sent video). Can't wait to try it out.
Thanks.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
One question please: With the Korg DS-10 PLUS (US) you have installed, do you have access to the 4 synth parts and 2 drum machines? Or just 2 Synths and 1 Drum Machine? I believe the double version would only work on a NTSC DSi (or DSi XL) machine, with a NTSC DS-10 Plus Cartridge, that is why I am asking! You can run the D-10 Plus on a PAL DSi, but will only have the 2 synths and 1 drum machine.

I ended up buying a DSi XL that can run the Korg DS-10 Plus! (The seller checked and sent video). Can't wait to try it out.
Thanks.

Maybe is it possible there is something "mixed up" ?
I have 2 Synths and 4 Drums.:unsure:

P1360698.JPG P1360699.JPG

Reactions: banjo2 and JustMe_

JustMe_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Maybe is it possible there is something "mixed up" ?
I have 2 Synths and 4 Drums.:unsure:

View attachment 205141 View attachment 205142

Thanks for checking. Yes, that is the standard: 2 synths and 4 drum parts. The "Plus" version (NTSC) gives access to 4 synths and 8 drum parts. I think it is via an extra button, where it opens a different instance of the same panel, but I am not sure. The Plus version on a DSi (like you have) does have some added functionality (like recording when song mode is playing, which is very nice, and opens many possibilities), but it still lacks the double parts... Or maybe it is in some hidden button or menu?!?

Thanks again.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks for checking. Yes, that is the standard: 2 synths and 4 drum parts. The "Plus" version (NTSC) gives access to 4 synths and 8 drum parts. I think it is via an extra button, where it opens a different instance of the same panel, but I am not sure. The Plus version on a DSi (like you have) does have some added functionality (like recording when song mode is playing, which is very nice, and opens many possibilities), but it still lacks the double parts... Or maybe it is in some hidden button or menu?!?

Thanks again.

Now I get it.Excuse me,I completely overlooked it,it was my Fault.
It is a NDSi Enhanced Gamecart.:D

- TWiLight can not load it in DSi Mode.Only in DS Mode.That is why it only have 2 Synths.
- The Same for my Flashcards.
You need an Flashcard which is capable of booting NDSi Enhanced Games in DSi Mode.
(There we need professional Help like @Technicmaster0 , @Lilith Valentine or maybe @Robz8 please,thank you.:)).

You are absolute correct.:)
Yes,you NEED the original GameCart and an US DSi.Because the US Gamecart is,of course,not working on an EU Dsi.:)

Sorry,my Freind,that happens,when a "Tester" is not familiar with an Game.:D

JustMe_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Now I get it.Excuse me,I completely overlooked it,it was my Fault.
It is a NDSi Enhanced Gamecart.:D

- TWiLight can not load it in DSi Mode.Only in DS Mode.That is why it only have 2 Synths.
- The Same for my Flashcards.
You need an Flashcard which is capable of booting NDSi Enhanced Games in DSi Mode.
(There we need professional Help like @Technicmaster0 , @Lilith Valentine or maybe @Robz8 please,thank you.:)).

You are absolute correct.:)
Yes,you NEED the original GameCart and an US DSi.Because the US Gamecart is,of course,not working on an EU Dsi.:)

Sorry,my Freind,that happens,when a "Tester" is not familiar with an Game.:D

No problem! I truly really appreciate your help and availability! You+ve been a termendous help!

Yes. I think I am going to by a NTSC-J DSi console, and buy a Korg DS-10 PlUS Gamecard from Japan.
This should work, no?

This is how much I like this synth. :)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Yes. I think I am going to by a NTSC-J DSi console, and buy a Korg DS-10 PlUS Gamecard from Japan.
This should work, no?

This is how much I like this synth. :)

Yes,that is a working Combination.:D
You know there are "two" Versions of this plus Game ?

4868 - Korg DS-10+ Synthesizer (USA) (NDSi Enhanced)
z129 - Korg DS-10+ Synthesizer Limited Edition (En,Ja) (NDSi Enhanced)

Unfortunately,I have no Idea,what is the Difference.:)

Reactions: JustMe_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone