Gaming Getting a Korg DS-10 PLUS to work in Europe.

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Well, speaking about C64 (synthesis based trackers) and Amiga (sample based trackers) and Soundfonts (samples with not much tweakability of sound itself) and DS10 (grid based new style - e.g. Fruityloops - sequencer with virtual analog vst engines).. Well, you're comparing apples and oranges. It depends on personal preferences, but DS10 is clearly one of the best music tools for NDS. DS12 for 3DS has (except for longer sequences etc.) 6x MS10/20 (it's something between those two synthesizers) instruments tweakable in real time or by some prerecorded kaosspad style sequences, while DS10 for NDS/DSi has 4 instruments you prerender per project + only 2 realtime tweakable Engines/Synth instruments. But well, DS10 is more accessible due to cost of NDS and R4 carts...
Yeah. It's def. not 6x MS10 synthesisers sequenced by master sequencer, but also the price is not same ;)
And speaking about Soundfonts and vsts on PC.. Well, why don't you play your DS games on emulator on big HDTV? This is kind of pointless to me thinking about it this way... Some people just doesn't like to use smartphones with vsts, although it's the easiets and cheapest way to do electronic music ;)
And there is no way to sync DS10 except for programming one of your 6 instruments to play short pulses in one of two stereo channels and act as a master syncing other gear by analog clock and the rest of your instruments play in the other channel.

Reactions: rantex92 and ph3d0n

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Does the NDS even have any quality audio capabilities to really take advantage of this software? I don't know much about the DS's hardware vs the GBA's, I just know the GBA audio quality is the worst I've ever heard.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does the NDS even have any quality audio capabilities to really take advantage of this software? I don't know much about the DS's hardware vs the GBA's, I just know the GBA audio quality is the worst I've ever heard.
The Nintendo DS hardware has 16 audio channels that support 16-bit audio (PCM16) at a sample rate of 32,768 Hz. However, the mixer limits the output to 10 bits

its actually just a 1 bit DAC modulator but can have a lenght up to 10bit

on the other side the speaker is the weakpoint it wont even go up to 10bit so yeah propably sounds the same ish as gba

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch