Homebrew DS Lite Wishlist - What else would you like to see?

caribou007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's amazing what you can do with a DS. Native GBA game support (including an English translation of Mother 3), playing Space Invaders with the Taito spinner slot 2 accessory, almost perfect NES and ScummVM emulation, a nice Neo Geo emulator, Nethack and Powder homebrew; the library of games is just awesome, and that's why I value my DSL so much.

My wishlist is:

1. Itadaki Street DS, fan-made English translation
2. Ni no Kuni: Shikkoku no Madōshi, fan-made English translation
3. Homebrew port of the original arcade Arkanoid compatible with the Taito spinner
4. SNES emulator (SNEmulDS) with compatibility issues fixed
5. Fixed compatibility with the EZ-Flash 3in1 memory expansion feature and all major homebrew/loaders that utilize it, (such as SNEmulDS, ScummVM DS and AKAIO*), which was broken with hardware revisions. *Note: I haven't personally tested this yet, and I've heard conflicting reports on whether this is broken or not.
6. Improvements to NeoDS
7. Cave Story DS
8. Ketsui: Death Label, fan-made English translation; Link 2 (outdated)

I'd like to hear what else you'd like to see!

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Indeed DSL is the best portable console ever for me. Besides the huge DS & GBA library, theres NeoDS, NESDS, S8DS, Lameboy, DSScent, Moonshell, DSQuake, DSDOOM,NitroGrafx, DSCratft, Knytt Stories DS and Scummvm.

As for wishlists, i'll add this to #2 and especially #4 you mention.
Other than that, emulation of Sega16 and early arcade games up to 1991 would really rock.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Improved Dingux port for DSTWO, SnemulDS-like smoothness for CATSFC, and an improved Genesis emulator so I can finally play emulated fighting games without choppy frame rates, emulation issues, and/or atrocious button mappings.

And maybe a decent Smash Bros homebrew engine I can build off of while I'm still dreaming.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i would like to see alekmaul's entex adventure vision emu released.
i would like to see alekmaul's sega cd heart of the alien port released.
i would like to see normmatt's watara supervision emu get some updates.
i would like to see ds craft turned into a complete game with nifi support.
i would like to see elhobb's quake2 dsi port receive a few updates.
i would like to see a Fairchild Channel F emu for the ds.

-another world

caribou007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2ndApex, it seems a Smash Bros homebrew was attempted, but it appears to have been abandoned(?) :(

I received an email from Alekmail when I requested a port of arcade Arkanoid, he said sorry but he is not working anymore on the DS. I wonder if that means he won't be releasing that Entex Adventure Vision emu or the Heart of the Alien port. His port of Another World has awful crackly audio, too. It would be nice if that got fixed since it detracts from the whole experience of playing that game. He's made a lot of homebrew ports of cool games, but many seem to be somewhat incomplete.

caribou007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My parts to turn up from DealExtreme so I can repair my Pokemon Onyx DSLite :hateit:
I've ordered from them 5-6 times and always got the package... except one time. It was weird. They charged me, but never sent it. It was on hold. When I asked, they said they were out of stock on one item and waiting for more, however the item page didn't say they were out of stock. I thought it might have been because of the combination of items I had created, maybe it created shipping problems for them? So they just wouldn't send it. So, I cancelled the order, and then I ordered again in two separate orders. They were both promptly delivered.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've ordered from them 5-6 times and always got the package... except one time. It was weird. They charged me, but never sent it. It was on hold. When I asked, they said they were out of stock on one item and waiting for more, however the item page didn't say they were out of stock. I thought it might have been because of the combination of items I had created, maybe it created shipping problems for them? So they just wouldn't send it. So, I cancelled the order, and then I ordered again in two separate orders. They were both promptly delivered.
ah na its the mail service thats taking forever not DX themselves... China Post sucks :/

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2ndApex, it seems a Smash Bros homebrew was attempted, but it appears to have been abandoned(?) :(

I received an email from Alekmail when I requested a port of arcade Arkanoid, he said sorry but he is not working anymore on the DS. I wonder if that means he won't be releasing that Entex Adventure Vision emu or the Heart of the Alien port. His port of Another World has awful crackly audio, too. It would be nice if that got fixed since it detracts from the whole experience of playing that game. He's made a lot of homebrew ports of cool games, but many seem to be somewhat incomplete.

Yeah, there's been a few decent starts for a Smash DS homebrew but they're all abandoned without source release so nobody can try to make one without starting from scratch. It's quite a shame too, there are quite a few people in the Smash community with intricate knowledge of the Smash engine who would be more than happy to help make a quality project and Super Smash Flash 2 is proof of that.

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't get Cave Story, as Pixel asked the team making the homebrew port to stop due to the Wii/DSi release as he thought it might interfere with the deal he has with Nintendo & Nicalis

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I would like to see...
  • A fan translation of Nanashi no Game: Me
  • A fan translation of Tales of the Tempest
  • A fan translation of Sigma Harmonics
  • A fan translation for Shonen Kininden Tsumuji
  • The fan translation of Tales of Hearts get finished
  • The fan translation of Retro Game Challenge 2 get finished
  • The fan translation of Okaeri Chibi-Robo! Happy Richie Osouji! get finished
  • More visual novels ported to Visual Novel DS
  • More level compatibility with Knytt Stories DS
  • Custom songs for either of the Ouendan games
  • Custom songs for any of the Taiko no Tatsujin games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Mondooooo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIyM_akS9Z8 +1