Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I use a M3 DS REAL with a class 10 Sandisk µSD- card with 32 GB of space formatted to Fat32 with 32 KB of clustersize with TWLM++ v2.3.2.0 with nds-bootstrap v0.52.0 installed on top of RGF's multicardupdate v7.06 following the instructions from page 1 of this thread. My NDS is a DSi XL is on firmware 1.4.5E it has Unlaunch 2.0 installed via MemoryPIT. In the internal SD-slot it has a SDXC capable SD2µSD-adapter with a class 10 Verbatim µSD- card with 32 GB of space formatted to Fat32 with 32 KB of clustersize with TWLM++ v2.3.2.0 with nds-bootstrap v0.52.0 installed.

Booting the M3 DS REAL results in having the altered TWLM++-options-menu for flashcards but the chosen DSi-theme shows the contents of the internal SD-card, not the flashcard-sd-card content.

Deactivating "SCFG-access in slot1" in internal SD-card's options fixes this somehow.

Last edited by 77Urmel77,

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now Slot-1 doesn't launch on my end no matter what. Even using the reboot method just hard locks the console. (Direct softlocks it, forcing a quit of TWL_FIRM)

It used to boot in raw DS mode when autobooted, and softlock on manual boot.
Did you copy the the contents of Autoboot(your card) from the "TWiLightMenu-Flashcard"-package to your flashcards sd-card?

I ask because I missed this step a few times reinstalling TWLM++.

Last edited by 77Urmel77,

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
v23.2.0

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.52.0

What's new?
  • DSi-based themes: The battery charge icon is now shown on DS lite consoles.
Improvements
  • (@R-YaTian) Updated AP-fix and widescreen codes for Chinese translation (Rev 4) of Pokémon B2W2.
  • (@Pk11 and various) Updated translations.
Bug fixes
  • Fixed settings not being read when launching Slot-1.
    • This fixes TWLMenu++ being limited to DS mode options when launching from flashcard with the SCFG unlock setting.
  • The hotkey option is now shown on flashcards in DS mode.
  • (@Pk11) Fixed blacklists hiding options until reboot.
Hey RocketRobz, I want to say thank you. TwilightMenu++ is really great. I hope developing this software is still fun for you.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I use a M3 DS REAL with a class 10 Sandisk µSD- card with 32 GB of space formatted to Fat32 with 32 KB of clustersize with TWLM++ v2.3.2.0 with nds-bootstrap v0.52.0 installed on top of RGF's multicardupdate v7.06 following the instructions from page 1 of this thread. My NDS is a DSi XL is on firmware 1.4.5E it has Unlaunch 2.0 installed via MemoryPIT. In the internal SD-slot it has a SDXC capable SD2µSD-adapter with a class 10 Verbatim µSD- card with 32 GB of space formatted to Fat32 with 32 KB of clustersize with TWLM++ v2.3.2.0 with nds-bootstrap v0.52.0 installed.

Booting the M3 DS REAL results in having the altered TWLM++-options-menu for flashcards but the chosen DSi-theme shows the contents of the internal SD-card, not the flashcard-sd-card content.

Deactivating "SCFG-access in slot1" in internal SD-card's options fixes this somehow.
With the setting activated, you need to hold SELECT, and press either Up or Down on the D-Pad, in order to switch between the flashcard and SD contents.

Floating Seal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since about version 22.0.0 of Twilight Menu++ on my O3DS XL the SEGA Saturn theme freezes altogether whenever I pick a game. I have recently discovered that disabling the Update Recently Played list option will actually allow the game I choose to start. I love this theme because it is the closest I will ever get to playing on an actual Saturn console. Could you please look into fixing this RocketRobz?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since about version 22.0.0 of Twilight Menu++ on my O3DS XL the SEGA Saturn theme freezes altogether whenever I pick a game. I have recently discovered that disabling the Update Recently Played list option will actually allow the game I choose to start. I love this theme because it is the closest I will ever get to playing on an actual Saturn console. Could you please look into fixing this RocketRobz?
It'll be fixed in the next version.

the_yellow-dart

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
I'm running Twilight from a 3DS sdcard and I'm wondering if anyone know what the CRC32 is of the Fire Emblem - Shin Monshou no Nazo English translated rom Twilight is looking for to correctly apply the AP fix? I've been trying a bunch but every single one I've tried gives me that "The DSi binaries are missing. Please obtain..." error message.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running Twilight from a 3DS sdcard and I'm wondering if anyone know what the CRC32 is of the Fire Emblem - Shin Monshou no Nazo English translated rom Twilight is looking for to correctly apply the AP fix? I've been trying a bunch but every single one I've tried gives me that "The DSi binaries are missing. Please obtain..." error message.
This doesn't seem to be an AP issue.
You need to patch your ROM with one from this page here.

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There is no way to force 3DS to read DS bootleg games using TWLM ++?

In a batch that I bought of NDS games came the SM64DS but bootleg, at the time I played it on my DS Lite but I no longer have that console.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to force 3DS to read DS bootleg games using TWLM ++?

In a batch that I bought of NDS games came the SM64DS but bootleg, at the time I played it on my DS Lite but I no longer have that console.
Have you tried TWiLight's slot-1 launching? (in the DSi theme, press SELECT then if using the DS Classic Menu it'll be the top option or if using the SELECT Menu it'll be the one about launching Slot-1)

If so, what happens? If not then try that.

Reactions: Tarmfot and banjo2

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I resolved the old issue (was probably told how, but I did it on my own - other things to do and all that) and now manual boot works.

Autoboot gives these little error squares, though.

Attachments

• 20211217_131104.jpg
    20211217_131104.jpg
    969.9 KB · Views: 39

Lv44ES_Burner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've been steadily paying attention to another user's open issue on the Github involving Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals/Estpolis Denki DS. I can corroborate that I have experienced the same problem; I've had issues with the save file corrupting on my 2DS, New 2DS XL, and DSi.

All three of them have the latest build of TwilightMenu++, ver. 23.2.0, and the stable build of NDS-Bootstrap is 0.52.0. I have also tested with the latest nightly, NDS-Bootstrap commit aaa335f1 from the TWLBot repository.

Both the 2DS and N2DSXL are on the latest system software, 11.14.0-46U, and the DSi is on SysSoft 1.4.5 and is running TWLMenu++ via Unlaunch.

The 2DS has a Sandisk ExtremePRO 128GB SDcard formatted with FAT32 64kb cluster size; the N2DSXL has a SiliconPower 128GB MicroSDcard formatted similarly. The DSi has a Sandisk Extreme 32GB SDcard formatted with FAT32 64kb cluster size.

All tests have been done with a usrcheat.dat located on the SDcards, but all cheats are disabled; none are active. Switching on any cheat makes no difference. Tested with only the Anti-Piracy Bypass Cheat as well, no difference. Save files still corrupted.

I don't have access to logging into Github at the moment as my computer is in storage and I'm currently only available by mobile. But I hope to help in confirming this isn't a one-off issue.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've been steadily paying attention to another user's open issue on the Github involving Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals/Estpolis Denki DS. I can corroborate that I have experienced the same problem; I've had issues with the save file corrupting on my 2DS, New 2DS XL, and DSi.

All three of them have the latest build of TwilightMenu++, ver. 23.2.0, and the stable build of NDS-Bootstrap is 0.52.0. I have also tested with the latest nightly, NDS-Bootstrap commit aaa335f1 from the TWLBot repository.

Both the 2DS and N2DSXL are on the latest system software, 11.14.0-46U, and the DSi is on SysSoft 1.4.5 and is running TWLMenu++ via Unlaunch.

The 2DS has a Sandisk ExtremePRO 128GB SDcard formatted with FAT32 64kb cluster size; the N2DSXL has a SiliconPower 128GB MicroSDcard formatted similarly. The DSi has a Sandisk Extreme 32GB SDcard formatted with FAT32 64kb cluster size.

All tests have been done with a usrcheat.dat located on the SDcards, but all cheats are disabled; none are active. Switching on any cheat makes no difference. Tested with only the Anti-Piracy Bypass Cheat as well, no difference. Save files still corrupted.

I don't have access to logging into Github at the moment as my computer is in storage and I'm currently only available by mobile. But I hope to help in confirming this isn't a one-off issue.
Is FAT table caching turned off in TWLMenu++ Settings?

Reactions: banjo2

Lv44ES_Burner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's turned off on all three systems. I didn't want to enable it out of fear of corrupting the SD card contents, as with my computer in storage currently because of the circumstances I'm in, it's hard to make regular backups of my contents like I usually do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.