Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Have you tried TWiLight's slot-1 launching? (in the DSi theme, press SELECT then if using the DS Classic Menu it'll be the top option or if using the SELECT Menu it'll be the one about launching Slot-1)

If so, what happens? If not then try that.

The upper screen simply goes black and 4 colored squares appear on the lower one.
(Red-Green-Red-Green)

Attachments

• TWLSM64Bootleg.jpg
    TWLSM64Bootleg.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 77

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWiLight Menu++ works on my GBAMP, M3CF, and Supercard CF. But the games I've tried, Dragon's Lair 1 and 2, Space Ace, and Mario Kart DS will only work on GBAMP (using the autoboot file) and not the M3CF or Supercard CF.

Using TWiLight Menu++ on the M3CF and Supercard CF will successfully load a couple DSiWare games, Pop Island and Pop Island Paperfield. Just wondering why the other games that work on GBAMP with TWiLight Menu++ just boot to a white screen when I try them on M3CF and Supercard.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWiLight Menu++ works on my GBAMP, M3CF, and Supercard CF. But the games I've tried, Dragon's Lair 1 and 2, Space Ace, and Mario Kart DS will only work on GBAMP (using the autoboot file) and not the M3CF or Supercard CF.

Using TWiLight Menu++ on the M3CF and Supercard CF will successfully load a couple DSiWare games, Pop Island and Pop Island Paperfield. Just wondering why the other games that work on GBAMP with TWiLight Menu++ just boot to a white screen when I try them on M3CF and Supercard.
SD reads for M3CF and Supercard CF currently aren't working, and will be fixed in the next nds-bootstrap version.
Pop Island and Pop Island Paperfield do not read from the SD card in DS mode, so that's why they boot in the current version.

Also, the DLDI drivers work different. Dunno if this happens for GBAMP as well, but apparently, the drivers for the M3 and Supercard disable the master IRQ register when reading from the SD card slot, so when that happens for the games that work, you may notice the sound pausing.

PaperBear5060

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Can i ask a problem? I want play digimon lost evolution(jpn). but after i enter first dungeon or playing few minutes, game became freezed. I tried to keep playing using saving very often, but it is very annoying. How can i do? Freeze was happen after I updated twilight menu++ yesterday. And deleted my game save file to want to play reset. Sorry english is not my main language

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i ask a problem? I want play digimon lost evolution(jpn). but after i enter first dungeon or playing few minutes, game became freezed. I tried to keep playing using saving very often, but it is very annoying. How can i do? Freeze was happen after I updated twilight menu++ yesterday. And deleted my game save file to want to play reset. Sorry english is not my main language
Make sure these settings are set:
- Run in: DS mode
- Card Read DMA: On
- SWI Halt Hook: Off

If the issue persists, try turning off Card Read DMA.

Reactions: Tarmfot and banjo2

PaperBear5060

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Make sure these settings are set:
- Run in: DS mode
- Card Read DMA: On
- SWI Halt Hook: Off

If the issue persists, try turning off Card Read DMA.
It keep freezing...Rom is a normal Rom without any special patches. I don't think it's a ROM problem, but even if I change the setting as you say, I keep freezing... Also There is no problem with the ips file.

BackToPlebbit69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping that Twilight Menu could get updated with themes, specifically one that just allows for a list of ROMs. As silly as that sounds, that'd be great since if you try to put a full ROM set for a system like SNES, it just loads forever and crashes. That, or box art would be cool.

Lv44ES_Burner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping that Twilight Menu could get updated with themes, specifically one that just allows for a list of ROMs. As silly as that sounds, that'd be great since if you try to put a full ROM set for a system like SNES, it just loads forever and crashes. That, or box art would be cool.
I'm waiting on chyyran, the dev who was working on updating the old AKAIO/WoodUI theme mode to return to work on it, honestly. It seems that they ended up stalled because of difficulty converting it to the libslim library?

As for boxart support, most themes already support boxart. The easiest way to get them is to use the TwilightBoxart companion app on your computer: https://github.com/KirovAir/TwilightBoxart/releases

CaptInfinity

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, I'm having an weird issue with TwiLight menu. Me and a friend are trying to play Pokémon Platinum locally, with wireless. We can get in the Coliseum and start a battle. However, when the battle starts, the music starts to roll and that "Connecting..." dialog shows up, one of two 3DS will crash (music will keep repeating the same note) and the other 3DS will soon display a blue screen mentioning a connection error and saying that the game will return to the outside of the Coliseum.

It worked just fine around July, when we last played, so I trying uninstalling TWL and installing an older version on both consoles, to no avail. Also trying reinstalling the new version, to no avail as well. Did anyone face something similar and can shed a light on this, please?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v23.3.0: TWL Christmas (2021) & 200th Release

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.53.0

Left out due to time constraints, but will appear in a future version
  • ColecoVision & WonderSwan for TWLMenu++ Virtual Console.
What's new?
  • `SWI Halt Hook` is now defaulted to `Off`.
  • Slot-1 can now be launched, when running TWLMenu++ from a Slot-2 flashcard!
  • Added B4DS mode enable/disable. Only use for testing.
  • DSi-based themes: Added an optional feature to display an ESRB rating screen for USA DS games via nds-bootstrap.
    • It is turned off by default, due to occasional lockups when creating the `esrb.bin` file on the console's SD card.
  • Added `Use ROM Region` setting to replace the `Game` option of the `Game Region` setting, in order for region-free ROMs to use your selected region.
  • (@lifehackerhansol) Added autoboot file for R4iTT 3DS based clones.
  • (@lifehackerhansol) The autoboot file for R4IIISDHC is found to work on R4iTT v1.6 as well.
  • TWiLight Menu++'s logo has a new look, and now looks more like the Nintendo DSi logo!
    • The splash screen is also cut short, and icon movement is smoother.
  • TWLMenu++ Splash Screen: Presents are now open on Christmas Day!
  • Added Nintendo DS splash screen for DS/DS Lite consoles.
  • Updated DSi splash birthday jingle.
Improvements
  • (@lifehackerhansol) A faster DLDI driver for M3 DS Real is now used.
  • (@Pk11 and various) Updated translations.
Bug fixes
  • DSi-based themes: Tried to fix `Unlaunch.dsi` not booting.
  • Re-added `DSiWare Booter` option.
  • Saturn theme: Fixed freeze when launching game with `Update recently played list` enabled.
  • WiFi should now be properly disabled without crashing some games.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v23.3.0: TWL Christmas (2021) & 200th Release

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.53.0

Left out due to time constraints, but will appear in a future version
  • ColecoVision & WonderSwan for TWLMenu++ Virtual Console.
What's new?
  • `SWI Halt Hook` is now defaulted to `Off`.
  • Slot-1 can now be launched, when running TWLMenu++ from a Slot-2 flashcard!
  • Added B4DS mode enable/disable. Only use for testing.
  • DSi-based themes: Added an optional feature to display an ESRB rating screen for USA DS games via nds-bootstrap.
    • It is turned off by default, due to occasional lockups when creating the `esrb.bin` file on the console's SD card.
  • Added `Use ROM Region` setting to replace the `Game` option of the `Game Region` setting, in order for region-free ROMs to use your selected region.
  • (@lifehackerhansol) Added autoboot file for R4iTT 3DS based clones.
  • (@lifehackerhansol) The autoboot file for R4IIISDHC is found to work on R4iTT v1.6 as well.
  • TWiLight Menu++'s logo has a new look, and now looks more like the Nintendo DSi logo!
    • The splash screen is also cut short, and icon movement is smoother.
  • TWLMenu++ Splash Screen: Presents are now open on Christmas Day!
  • Added Nintendo DS splash screen for DS/DS Lite consoles.
  • Updated DSi splash birthday jingle.
Improvements
  • (@lifehackerhansol) A faster DLDI driver for M3 DS Real is now used.
  • (@Pk11 and various) Updated translations.
Bug fixes
  • DSi-based themes: Tried to fix `Unlaunch.dsi` not booting.
  • Re-added `DSiWare Booter` option.
  • Saturn theme: Fixed freeze when launching game with `Update recently played list` enabled.
  • WiFi should now be properly disabled without crashing some games.
Updated both 3ds and nds. No issues. :D

KirboGuy2008

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again everyone! I recently started New Super Mario Bros. and I notice that when I go to the minigames, it takes an unusual amount of time to load. It does get there eventually, but I compared it with a video and it definitely takes longer then it should. What can I do to fix this?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again everyone! I recently started New Super Mario Bros. and I notice that when I go to the minigames, it takes an unusual amount of time to load. It does get there eventually, but I compared it with a video and it definitely takes longer then it should. What can I do to fix this?
Update both TWiLight Menu++ and nds-bootstrap to the latest versions.

Reactions: banjo2

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v23.3.1 (hotfix)

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.53.1

Bug fixes
  • Fixed `Game-specific` still appearing in the region select screen, after being removed in TWLMenu++ Settings.
    • If you've previously installed or updated to v23.3.0, please open TWLMenu++ Settings, and make sure you're using the correct region setting, as the setting you've selected will appear as the wrong one in TWLMenu++ Settings.
  • Flashcard: Tried fixing B button doing nothing while on the `FAT init failed!` message containing the B button message.

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works fine on M3 CF, GBAMP CF, and Supercard CF but only loads to white screen on M3 SD and GBAMP SD.

I tried all the DLDI patchers I could find for M3 SD and GBAMP SD but no luck.

Twilight Menu++ really breathes new life into these older GBA flashcarts. Thanks RocketRobz!

Reactions: RocketRobz

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does nds-bootstrap not work on the DSTWO? I tried it out on my DSTWO and only resulted in either a black screen or red screen. It works fine with my R4i Gold (r4ids.cn) and it seems the games to launch just fine through the official DSTWO kernel.
Tried everything, including toggling the B4DS and on reinstalling, both still results in the same issues on the DSTWO. Then tested the same setup on the DSTT and it works just fine. The ROMs we tested were Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (clean and trimmed) and Digimon World (clean and trimmed)
Also, soft-reset with B4DS just shuts down the system.

Last edited by The Catboy,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does nds-bootstrap not work on the DSTWO? I tried it out on my DSTWO and only resulted in either a black screen or red screen. It works fine with my R4i Gold (r4ids.cn) and it seems the games to launch just fine through the official DSTWO kernel.
Tried everything, including toggling the B4DS and on reinstalling, both still results in the same issues on the DSTWO. Then tested the same setup on the DSTT and it works just fine. The ROMs we tested were Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (clean and trimmed) and Digimon World (clean and trimmed)
Clean and trimmed don't matter. Also, B4DS mode worked fine on DSTWO, last time I tried. Not all games will work, ofc.
Also, weird that they aren't working with nds-bootstrap turned off either. I'd say your ROMs are corrupt, but considering that they work on DSTT just fine, I'm out of ideas.
Also, soft-reset with B4DS just shuts down the system.
That's normal. Proper soft-reset isn't implemented in B4DS mode.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-