Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Codiox

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Is there a tutorial how I can change add more themes or modify them in twilight?

I just want a simple list with black background. Thanks!

Codiox

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
check in settings. they are loads of options. im sure you will find one which fits your needs.
Unfortunately there is no simple one. The only one coming close is the r4 theme, but that has a background that makes it hard to read the games. Would also be cool to jump right in the game list instead of a menu. I know it's mimicking the r4 that's why I need a different one.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Thaisonoffice

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I have played New mario bros, zelda fantom hourglass in dsi and i can not quick save. Can i save like nes game and how. It take me 1 day to find how but no hope.

v25.2.0

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v25.2.0: TWL Summer Release #7
Includes nds-bootstrap v0.63.1 (GBATemp thread for v0.63.0 & v0.63.1)

What's new?​

• The DS firmware proto version of the GBA splash (with white BG) is now used in macro mode instead of the DS(i) splash.
  • @Pk11 and various: Added Catalan language.
    • Only usable in nds-bootstrap.

Improvements​

• Changed `Use bottom screen` to `Display Screen`: `Top/Bottom` in the GBARunner2 page of TWLMenu++ Settings.
  • @Pk11 and various: Updated translations.

Bug fixes​

• Fixed `Screen Aspect Ratio` per-game setting displaying if `Widescreen.cxi` didn't exist.
  • @lifehackerhansol: Fixed DS Lite backlight info not being properly saved when launching a flashcard game with Wood FW.
  • Fixed language and region selection screens for macro mode.
  • Fixed always using Grayscale for the transparent parts of battery, volume, and date/time.
  • Other minor fixes.

Known bug​

• The GBA splash for macro mode plays at half-speed.

noxfair

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! thanks Robz for your work :) I have some problems with Dragon Quest V, it seems like I constantly have an intro loop (probably an AP thing) and I can't get past that. I tried at least four USA roms and one EU rom, same result. I am using the latest TwilightMenu++ V25.2.1 with bootstrap 0.63.2 (I also tried to run the game on DS mode and with TWL clock speed enabled).
Do you have any suggestions? I am on old 3ds running the game from sd card. Thank you!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! thanks Robz for your work :) I have some problems with Dragon Quest V, it seems like I constantly have an intro loop (probably an AP thing) and I can't get past that. I tried at least four USA roms and one EU rom, same result. I am using the latest TwilightMenu++ V25.2.1 with bootstrap 0.63.2 (I also tried to run the game on DS mode and with TWL clock speed enabled).
Do you have any suggestions? I am on old 3ds running the game from sd card. Thank you!
Seems to be timing issues related to the SD card. Try a new and faster SD card.
If the issue persists, then wait for a fix.

Zoonn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OCD nitpick incoming :angry: I like the “recent” sort order, but I dislike how when twilight is launched, it hovers over the position of the item selected last time, which could have actually moved to a different position with “recent” sorting, so it could hover over a different game.

Is there a way to make twilight menu launch while always hovering over the first file in the current directory instead? It would be similar to the Nintendo Switch menu when coupled with “recent” sorting, which is more convenient IMO.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OCD nitpick incoming :angry: I like the “recent” sort order, but I dislike how when twilight is launched, it hovers over the position of the item selected last time, which could have actually moved to a different position with “recent” sorting, so it could hover over a different game.

Is there a way to make twilight menu launch while always hovering over the first file in the current directory instead? It would be similar to the Nintendo Switch menu when coupled with “recent” sorting, which is more convenient IMO.
It is currently not possible. You'll have to wait 'til it gets implemented in a future version.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Would anyone tell me if VNDS (visual novel reader for DS) also works from SD slot of a DSi, via TWL++? And is it able to take advantage of the increased ram available? I ask because on DS, the usual "guru meditation error" pops up often when loading voice tracks. Has anyone ever tried it from SD slot? Does it work without any problems? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: