Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

v26.2.0

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I just saw a strange quirk with nesDS in that it doesn't keep my screen settings when I boot the rom but when I moved it out of the emulators folder to the root, it works fine. I tested this with nesDS 1.3c and will do so with 1.4d+ to double check.
Use this nesDS build here: https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/NesDS/releases/tag/v1.3d+
Post automatically merged:

v26.2.0: Halloween Release
Includes nds-bootstrap v1.0.2 (GBATemp thread)

What's new?​

• Added GBA/DS Phat color mode!
  • Box art/photo color de-banding is now useable on debug/dev DS consoles.
  • @edo9300: Brightness level can now be changed on DS Phat consoles.
  • @lifehackerhansol: Added autoboot files for the EZ-Flash Vi and r4i.cn carts.
  • @R-YaTian: Added some AP and widescreen patches. (#2308)

Bug fixes​

• @edo9300: Fixed detection of DS Phat or DS Lite console.
  • @edo9300: Fixed buffer overflow in slot1launch. (#2310)
  • R4/GBC themes: Fixed file list not scrolling down to selected file, after selecting the Game icon.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

pikov2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I hope this it's ok to ask questions here? I have a new 3ds with a 64gb SD card in it and I want to make sure the "save FAT Table Catche" setting is disabled as recommended but I cannot seem to find the setting where it said it would be. Pics below, these are the only settings I see and I cannot scroll farther down.

I'm also having issues loading any GBA games. It says "Could not mount SD Card" I assume this might be related to the setting I may need to disable??

I'm having trouble finding any answers to these questions on my own.

I am new to this whole homebrew/hacking thing so thanks in advance for any help and let me know if further information is needed :)

20231101_152431.jpg
20231101_152455.jpg

I

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I hope this it's ok to ask questions here? I have a new 3ds with a 64gb SD card in it and I want to make sure the "save FAT Table Catche" setting is disabled as recommended but I cannot seem to find the setting where it said it would be. Pics below, these are the only settings I see and I cannot scroll farther down.
That setting got removed a while back. Where does it say to change that setting?
I'm also having issues loading any GBA games. It says "Could not mount SD Card" I assume this might be related to the setting I may need to disable??

I'm having trouble finding any answers to these questions on my own.

I am new to this whole homebrew/hacking thing so thanks in advance for any help and let me know if further information is needed :)

View attachment 402359View attachment 402360
Make sure the "Load Bootloader" setting is set to "Thru nds-hb". If it already is, then follow this guide to properly reformat the SD card: https://dsi.cfw.guide/sd-card-setup.html

pikov2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I saw it here while I was using Firefox mobile browser. but now that I'm on my desktop (also firefox browser) I don't see that message. How strange! :unsure:

The reformatting worked though!! Thank you so much :)
Screenshot_20231101_162133_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot 2023-11-01 171537.png

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I turn on the feature to receive a description and rating about the game before bootup there’s never a description there, only the rating

where does the app pull the descriptions from, and does it need wifi to download them? I am renting and can’t decrease the security to connect the 3DS in DS mode to my wifi

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I turn on the feature to receive a description and rating about the game before bootup there’s never a description there, only the rating

where does the app pull the descriptions from, and does it need wifi to download them? I am renting and can’t decrease the security to connect the 3DS in DS mode to my wifi
The descriptions only appear in certain games, mainly E10+, T, and M games.

Sialoquent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I recently installed TWiLightmenu++ on my R4SDHC Gold Pro flashcart due to a game incompatibility with YsMenu but I am running into issues with Pokemon Soul Silver. At completely random points after performing an action like opening a menu or winning a battle the game will freeze with a black screen with the music still running. Also changing the game loader to Kernal to use Ysmenu causes TWiLightmenu to reboot when selecting the game.

I have tried two separate roms and a new save so far with no difference. I am using the latest version of Twilightmenu

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently installed TWiLightmenu++ on my R4SDHC Gold Pro flashcart due to a game incompatibility with YsMenu but I am running into issues with Pokemon Soul Silver. At completely random points after performing an action like opening a menu or winning a battle the game will freeze with a black screen with the music still running. Also changing the game loader to Kernal to use Ysmenu causes TWiLightmenu to reboot when selecting the game.

I have tried two separate roms and a new save so far with no difference. I am using the latest version of Twilightmenu
It may work better on a different flashcard, such as the R4(i) Ultra and/or Acekard 2(i).

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use this nesDS build here: https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/NesDS/releases/tag/v1.3d+
Post automatically merged:

v26.2.0: Halloween Release
Includes nds-bootstrap v1.0.2 (GBATemp thread)

What's new?​

• Added GBA/DS Phat color mode!
  • Box art/photo color de-banding is now useable on debug/dev DS consoles.
  • @edo9300: Brightness level can now be changed on DS Phat consoles.
  • @lifehackerhansol: Added autoboot files for the EZ-Flash Vi and r4i.cn carts.
  • @R-YaTian: Added some AP and widescreen patches. (#2308)

Bug fixes​

• @edo9300: Fixed detection of DS Phat or DS Lite console.
  • @edo9300: Fixed buffer overflow in slot1launch. (#2310)
  • R4/GBC themes: Fixed file list not scrolling down to selected file, after selecting the Game icon.
I updated to the latest nesDS. Thanks!

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found something else odd. When I boot a GB game, it doesn't recognize the GBC BIOS but when I reset it, it does for some reason. I like to change the palettes and I found this to be off-putting looking at a basic monochrome game or it uses random palettes occasionally. I managed to fix this by moving GameYob to the root and everything works ok there and I tested this with my 0.5 build and Mavica and the latter doesn't even have the quit to launcher option working properly so I went back to 0.5. I also made sure that the paths for the BIOS and roms were correct under my ini file which is on the root as the 0.5 version sees it there vs. the later versions which makes it under the _nds folder now. I'll chalk this up as a TWI++ thing as when I was using WoodR4, none of this stuff was an issue as the folder all of my games and BIOS files were shared under the GAMES folder and not split by what systems they were. Regardless, TWI++ is a huge step up compared to using WoodR4 and I'll use my setup for the time being.

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Pink and Blue = Harley Quinn
Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys. I'm very noob with TwilightMenu, this is my 1st time trying to use it, and got no success. I'm owning a 16GB sandisk sd card, fat32 and 32kb cluster formatation. I downloaded TwilightMenu version 26.2.0, extracted everything and copied to microsd card. I inserted my microsd card into sd adapter in put into my DSi XL console. I started it, selected camera > sd card > album, but it doesn't go to TwilightMenu. What I'm doing wrong?
(I downloaded TwilightMenu DSi version)

edit: maybe it was 26.1.0 lmao

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. I'm very noob with TwilightMenu, this is my 1st time trying to use it, and got no success. I'm owning a 16GB sandisk sd card, fat32 and 32kb cluster formatation. I downloaded TwilightMenu version 26.2.0, extracted everything and copied to microsd card. I inserted my microsd card into sd adapter in put into my DSi XL console. I started it, selected camera > sd card > album, but it doesn't go to TwilightMenu. What I'm doing wrong?

edit: maybe it was 26.1.0 lmao
If the DSi Camera app still works normally, or it freezes, then you installed the wrong "pit.bin" file. Make sure you downloaded the correct one depending on if the Facebook icon appears or not.
If it just shows green screens, make sure "boot.nds" is on the SD root.

If one of the issues persist, try a different exploit.

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil

If the DSi Camera app still works normally, or it freezes, then you installed the wrong "pit.bin" file. Make sure you downloaded the correct one depending on if the Facebook icon appears or not.
If it just shows green screens, make sure "boot.nds" is on the SD root.

If one of the issues persist, try a different exploit.
DSi Camera works perfectly. What is pit.bin? BOOT.NDS is on the SD root. I have formated my SD card with Windows 10 (explorer). Also, Facebook icon seems to be blue, since there is no photos taken from the camera, I cannot see the icon with its regular color.
(I downloaded TwilightMenu-DSi.7z from Github)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSi Camera works perfectly. What is pit.bin? BOOT.NDS is on the SD root. I have formated my SD card with Windows 10 (explorer). Also, Facebook icon seems to be blue, since there is no photos taken from the camera, I cannot see the icon with its regular color.
(I downloaded TwilightMenu-DSi.7z from Github)
Apparently, you do not have an exploit installed. TWiLight Menu++ does not bundle any DSi exploits, so please follow this guide to get started: https://dsi.cfw.guide/
Also, you need to follow this guide to properly format the SD card: https://dsi.cfw.guide/sd-card-setup.html

Reactions: Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a nasty bug late last night when I was playing some games. Apparently, this thing is doing something to where it wouldn't keep my saves and I was losing progress in all of my games. The only way I could fix it was to go back to WoodR4 which didn't have any of these issues. Other than that, I enjoyed using this. For now, I think I'll still with what I was using until the kinks get ironed out down the line. Beyond that, keep up the good work!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a nasty bug late last night when I was playing some games. Apparently, this thing is doing something to where it wouldn't keep my saves and I was losing progress in all of my games. The only way I could fix it was to go back to WoodR4 which didn't have any of these issues. Other than that, I enjoyed using this. For now, I think I'll still with what I was using until the kinks get ironed out down the line. Beyond that, keep up the good work!
We're you using nds-bootstrap as the game loader? If so, you can still use TWiLight Menu++, but just use the kernel instead of nds-bootstrap for the game loader.

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Apparently, you do not have an exploit installed. TWiLight Menu++ does not bundle any DSi exploits, so please follow this guide to get started: https://dsi.cfw.guide/
Also, you need to follow this guide to properly format the SD card: https://dsi.cfw.guide/sd-card-setup.html
WOW!
Really thanks dude, it worked! Now I'm testing if all of my gba library can save game progress. I'm a bit afraid of Dragon Ball GT : Transformation could not save cuz I used to read from somewhere that this game has problem with saving on TLWmenu. Also, I'd like to know about hiya and unlaunch. how can I install them? I have to install something or can I simply open camera everytime and play my gba games? if I don't use unlaunch/hiya, can it brick my console? Is there a tutorial how to install them?
Btw, thanks for all the help you gave me so far...
U helped me to revive an old broken thing!
IMG_20231110_002114_939.jpg

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW!
Really thanks dude, it worked! Now I'm testing if all of my gba library can save game progress. I'm a bit afraid of Dragon Ball GT : Transformation could not save cuz I used to read from somewhere that this game has problem with saving on TLWmenu. Also, I'd like to know about hiya and unlaunch. how can I install them? I have to install something or can I simply open camera everytime and play my gba games? if I don't use unlaunch/hiya, can it brick my console? Is there a tutorial how to install them?
Btw, thanks for all the help you gave me so far...
U helped me to revive an old broken thing!
View attachment 403669
The Unlaunch installation guide is in the same site as where you installed the DSi exploit.
Unlaunch gives homebrew more privileges, such as Slot-1 access for dumping ROMs, as well as accessing a Slot-1/DS(i) game cartridge's IR features. You can also have it autoboot TWLMenu++ or other homebrew when you turn on your DSi.
Before you install Unlaunch, you need to backup the NAND. The guide for that is also in the same site.
You will encounter a low brick risk when you install Unlaunch.

hiyaCFW is custom firmware where you use the original DSi Menu and it's apps on the SD card instead of the console's NAND.
hiyaCFW is not needed (even for brick protection), as TWiLight Menu++ can do a lot more, while giving the look and feel of the original DSi Menu.

Reactions: Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto