Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@RocketRobz , does VNDS (visual novel reader for DS) also work from SD slot of a DSi, via TWL++? And is it able to take advantage of the increased ram available? I ask because on DS, the usual "guru meditation error" pops up often when loading voice tracks. Has anyone ever tried it from SD slot? Does it work without any problems? Thanks and sorry for repeating this post, but it went unnoticed before (I hope not on purpose 😭).

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RocketRobz , does VNDS (visual novel reader for DS) also work from SD slot of a DSi, via TWL++? And is it able to take advantage of the increased ram available? I ask because on DS, the usual "guru meditation error" pops up often when loading voice tracks. Has anyone ever tried it from SD slot? Does it work without any problems? Thanks and sorry for repeating this post, but it went unnoticed before (I hope not on purpose 😭).
I didn't reply, because I didn't know the answer.

There's a fork available here, and should work in DSi mode: https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/vnds

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How do I change resolution on Love Plus?
When i launch Love Plus, this happen

Attachments

• IMG_20220816_173611926.jpg
    IMG_20220816_173611926.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 43

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How do I change resolution on Love Plus?
There is nothing wrong with that game. It should be played with the console rotated by 90 degrees, like other visual novels ( e.g. Tokimeki Memorial series). And of course you can't change the graphics resolution.

Reactions: Tarmfot

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There is nothing wrong with that game. It should be played with the console rotated by 90 degrees, like other visual novels ( e.g. Tokimeki Memorial series). And of course you can't change the graphics resolution.
But that's so annoying, I have not any choice to play it like that.

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please note that the download play feature of PvZ (not DSiware) does not work as it's stuck on the Please wait screen. All other games are supported, even with cheats

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please note that the download play feature of PvZ (not DSiware) does not work as it's stuck on the Please wait screen. All other games are supported, even with cheats
I see no reason for it to not work. When did you last update?

EDIT: Just tried it, and it didn't get stuck there (although it took almost a minute the second time). The next nds-bootstrap version will fix wireless communication errors, so hopefully that'll fix it getting stuck on your side.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just installed TWL++ on my R4 to try three dsiware games (dragon's lair, shantae & dark void) on my DS lite but I can't launch them, what should I do?

I also tested these three games with TWL++ on DSi and 3DS, there, it worked.

Can someone tell me what I missed, please ?

Thx in advance

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I just installed TWL++ on my R4 to try three dsiware games (dragon's lair, shantae & dark void) on my DS lite but I can't launch them, what should I do?

Thx in advance

DSiWare won't work on a DS Lite. It must run in what's known as DSi Mode. https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-dsi-mode.596244/post-9596145

TWLMenu++ doesn't claim to provide the means to do what you're attempting, as far as I can tell.

Edit: sorry, I'm wrong and just found the whitelist. Apologies.

Reactions: Indy13

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thx in advance
What happens after you launch them? If you're getting a message about setting a donor ROM instead, then please do what it says.

Reactions: Indy13

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What happens after you launch them? If you're getting a message about setting a donor ROM instead, then please do what it says.
That's where my problem is, I don't know how to do that, I pressed Y to set the game but apart from changing the language, region, save block nb and bootstrap version, I have nothing to define the rom as donor rom

then please do what it says

i followed this post : https://gbatemp.net/threads/twilightmenu-myst-host-rom-required.573665/post-9197918

But I don't know how to set the sdk5 there is no option for my games

Last edited by Indy13,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's where my problem is, I don't know how to do that, I pressed Y to set the game but apart from changing the language, region, save block nb and bootstrap version, I have nothing to define the rom as donor rom
The message tells you how to do it though.
Do you have a DSi-Enhanced ROM? If the ROM is displaying TWL in the per-game settings, and you are able to launch it, then you have a Donor ROM you can set.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The message tells you how to do it though.
Do you have a DSi-Enhanced ROM? If the ROM is displaying TWL in the per-game settings, and you are able to launch it, then you have a Donor ROM you can set,
When I press Y this is what I have :
IMG_4391.JPG

But if I press A to launch it, a message asks me to set as a Donor ROM by pressing Y

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I press Y this is what I have :
View attachment 323381

But if I press A to launch it, a message asks me to set as a Donor ROM by pressing Y
Because you need a DSi-Enhanced ROM to set as a Donor ROM (which is what the message should've told you). DSiWare and DSi-Enhanced ROMs are not the same thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: