Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 847,308
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

Altairseven

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
you can install this - https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases
to get the hb menu from the home menu :)

yeah i know about the hblauncher loader, but, first of all, the OP specifically said that it needs to be run from sysnand.

now, back to what i asked, decrypt9 uses a launcher.dat in order to run, just like gateway does, right now to run it, i have to replace the gateway launcher with the decrypt9 and then change it back.

is there a way to modify the 3dsx of gateway or decrypt9 so that one of them point somewhere other than launcher.dat?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i know about the hblauncher loader, but, first of all, the OP specifically said that it needs to be run from sysnand.

now, back to what i asked, decrypt9 uses a launcher.dat in order to run, just like gateway does, right now to run it, i have to replace the gateway launcher with the decrypt9 and then change it back.

is there a way to modify the 3dsx of gateway or decrypt9 so that one of them point somewhere other than launcher.dat?
Go read the gigantic README! on github or included in the release zip, it has all your answers. Clearly you haven't read it. ;)

Reactions: klear

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

how do you load gw? you say launcher.dat i think, so i recommend you set up menuhax or a9lh, with those you can add a 'boot menu' that lets you select what you want to run. gateway, decrypt9, emulators... etc

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk if it's been solved yet, but I just get a red screen on the bottom and it crashes back to the hbl.
N3DS Aureinand 10.7
really need help with this..

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk if it's been solved yet, but I just get a red screen on the bottom and it crashes back to the hbl.
N3DS Aureinand 10.7
really need help with this..
Need more info.
How are you loading this? Are you using it as a CIA? Are you using your boot manager to load the .dat version?

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so im on AL9H v5.0, and need to boot to decrypt9WIP, i want to have it so if i hold start on boot it will load decrypt9.

I have renamed the arm9loaderhax.bin file to AuReiNAND.bin on the SD card and have copied over 'arm9loaderhax.bin' & 'a9lh.cfg' along with Decrypt9.bin from the Decrypt9WIP zip file to the root of the SD card.

This is the a9lh.cfg file....

Code:
; CtrBootManager configuration file

[general]        ; General configuration
timeout = 3        ; Default timeout in seconds (-1 = disable autoboot)
recovery = 2            ; Hold this key to enter the menu (SELECT) (keycode: https://goo.gl/4XLDIL)
default = 0             ; Default boot entry

[theme]                     ; theme use RGB colors
bgTop1 = 000000             ; top gradient 1 (BLACK)
bgTop2 = 000000             ; top gradient 2 (BLACK)
bgBottom = 000000           ; bottom color (BLACK)
highlight = dcdcdc          ; selection highlight box (WHITE/GREY)
borders = ffffff            ; borders color (WHITE)
font1 = ffffff              ; default font (WHITE)
font2 = 000000              ; selected font (BLACK)
bgImgTop = /bgTop.bin       ; 400x240 pixels (https://xem.github.io/3DShomebrew/tools/image-to-bin.html)
bgImgBot = /bgBot.bin       ; 320x240 pixels

[entry]
title =    AuReiNand    ;
path =    /AuReiNand.bin    ;
offset = 0        ;
key = -1        ; Key to override default boot entry (NONE). Don't remove, must be last entry !

[entry]
title =    Cakes        ;
path =    /Cakes.bin    ;
offset = 0        ;
key = -1        ; Key to override default boot entry (NONE). Don't remove, must be last entry !

[entry]
title =    Decrypt9            ;
path =    /Decrypt9WIP.bin  ;
offset = 0                  ;
key = 3                     ; Key to override default boot entry (START). Don't remove, must be last entry !

so i believe from that if i hold down nothing on boot it should boot AuReiNand.bin which is the a9lh cfw (so should boot as normal) and if i hold start it should boot decrypt9WIP.bin.

Is this correct or have i overlooked something?

Last edited by lettuce,

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didn't know there was a cia version of this. I tried running it through the hbl on both sysnand and emunand, neither worked
There isn't a cia version of this. It was just an example question. And no idea about the .3dsx version. I haven't used it in a long time since setting up A9LH. I stick with the .bin file for launching at boot.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't a cia version of this. It was just an example question. And no idea about the .3dsx version. I haven't used it in a long time since setting up A9LH. I stick with the .bin file for launching at boot.
how to you have alternate options for things at launch
all i have are emunand and sysnand

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
an even easier option would be getting CTRBootManager9, you wont have to remember what payload is set to launch what and just select it from the screen
very true, but i do like the express straight bootup of a9lh
if not i'd still have menuhax xp
also i assigned the .bin to right.bin aaaaaaand, nothing...

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Mr.ButtButt
image.jpg
Here's how I have mine named. Yes I know I have two D9 files, but a default.bin is REQUIRED and I find it easier to load from th d-pad. The THIS = THAT files are empty files that I use to distinguish what is what.

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So since Steveice has figured out NAND access from Arm11, would it actually be possible to recode this into a cia-feasible version now?

(would probably neccessitate a complete rewrite that's not worth the effort if so, but just wanna know if it's possible)

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Xenosaiga,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hopefully your not like south of Tampa they got flooding