Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Yummy Yoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf 246 mods

why it exactly doesn't work? does the character select screen load infinitely? does the game crash when loading the CSS? does the game refuse to start? does the game work properly but shadow doesn't show up?

Yanno, when it says Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, after it plays the jingle, I'm staring at Super Smash Bros. for Wii U for hours, hoping it'll finish loading, but it wont

superteletubbies64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I only know about fixes for the infinite CSS loading and crashes while loading the CSS, sorry

just turn off your wii and double check all of your mod files

Yummy Yoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf 246 mods

why it exactly doesn't work? does the character select screen load infinitely? does the game crash when loading the CSS? does the game refuse to start? does the game work properly but shadow doesn't show up?
Yanno, when it says Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, when it plays the jingle, im stuck at that screen
I only know about fixes for the infinite CSS loading and crashes while loading the CSS, sorry

just turn off your wii and double check all of your mod files

I deleted everything off of Sm4sh explorer except for one shadow body file (c08) and the game still crashes, when i remove the body files, the game loads fine, even when i add non shadow sonic files, the game crashes

Last edited by Yummy Yoshi,

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me where the results screen announcer calls are located? Apparently the database file "ui_sound_call_voice_db" is only for the character select screen's announcer calls.

This is mainly a Bowser Jr issue when the CSS has him shout 'Larry' but the results has him shout 'Bowser Junior'.

EDIT: Unrelated question - is there something specific I need to do for Robin sounds to work properly? I've gotten Bowser Jr, Sonic, Marth, and Samus sounds to work just fine, but Robin always seems to default to male when I put his 9th slot as a female.

Last edited by RoyMaster4,

superteletubbies64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
anyone help. my mods are no longer working. 2 days ago they worked just fine, but yesterday when I added some stuff the game crashes every time I go to the CSS. since then, it keeps crashing when I go to the CSS, even though I removed the stuff I newly added and even removed and re-added everything I added. the only solution I can think of is formatting my sd card (it's already fat32) and if that doesn't help it's game over. anyone know how to fix this?

SolarKirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not seeing too much people responding here rn, but might as well hope for the best:
I already addressed the problem just now on Gamebanana but I'm not getting answers yet so might as well post what I said over there to this thread as well

I haven't been able to load any kind of character texture for a while now, whether it's skins, portraits, stock icons, name tags, whatever; they simply make the game freeze on the loading screen for the CSS. I tried downloading an entirely new sm4shexplorer with everything fresh (same version as before) and made sure to not touch the character.bin at all and only change stage hacks, custom music, skins, and portraits. Froze the game immediately. I tried testing out if a mod pack would work and sure enough it worked perfectly. Their skins, nametags, whatever. It all worked perfectly fine on the same sd card/game console.

After that, I tried asking around on various websites and was told that it might be my custom music slots. Using my backup of sm4shexplorer, I built a mod that only had music changed (from additional songs, song titles, a total of 800 new songs). They all worked fine, and the custom Vs. Sans stage I downloaded for Pacland worked perfectly as well. However, skins portraits etc would just freeze the game on the other hand.

So after just using custom music + that one custom stage, I tried to just live with that but watching all these modded versions of smash and seeing all these amazing hacks kind of made it hard not to use textures...And that's what lead me here.

Basically, I just want to know if/why it's not possible to use all those types of hacks I listed. Am I going to have to do entire dump again? Or is there a quick fix I'm too retarded to see? I'd appreciate any support. If you need additional information in order to figure out the issue, just let me know.

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The CSS freezing usually refers to one of two things:
1. Bad CSS background (if you have one)
2. Bad portrait files, whether they be the wrong format or size.

These should be the sizes.
chr_00 (Battle portraits): 67kb
chr_10 (CSS icon): 99kb
chr_11 (Results screen, gamepad icons, 8P Smash portraits, Punch Out portraits, etc): 153kb
chr_13 (CSS portraits): 233kb
stock_90 (Stock icon): 19kb
And texture formats are here: http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Texture_Files_(SSB4-Wii_U)

SolarKirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CSS freezing usually refers to one of two things:
1. Bad CSS background (if you have one)
2. Bad portrait files, whether they be the wrong format or size.

These should be the sizes.
chr_00 (Battle portraits): 67kb
chr_10 (CSS icon): 99kb
chr_11 (Results screen, gamepad icons, 8P Smash portraits, Punch Out portraits, etc): 153kb
chr_13 (CSS portraits): 233kb
stock_90 (Stock icon): 19kb
And texture formats are here: http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Texture_Files_(SSB4-Wii_U)
I tried it with textures but no CSS background and no chr files at all and it still froze on the loading screen to the CSS. Is there anything else that could be causing this, or am I just having bad luck?

Baggy Scraggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After editing some melee.mbst my DLC characters no longer have battle portraits, stock icons, or results screen portraits. How can I fix this? Even the DLC characters I haven't touched are affected, and its the default costumes that are built into the game that have the issue.

Corndog Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems with a Little Mac skin. I'm only changing the color of his clothes, so 14.dds (out of 22) is the only one that I'm editing. However, when I inject that dds back into the model.nut he ends up glowing red:
qJ4iKFA[1].jpg

According to the guide I'm using, that's a texture ID problem. So I try to use the texIDfix script, and although that fixes his clothes it also applies that texture to his skin and blanks out his eyes:
PtRyuud[1].jpg

I'm not sure what exactly is going wrong here. I've probably done the Texture ID fix incorrectly somehow but the description is a little ambiguous so I don't know what steps I ought to take to address that problem. Any tips?

Last edited by Corndog Ninja,

superteletubbies64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm having problems with a Little Mac skin. I'm only changing the color of his clothes, so 14.dds (out of 22) is the only one that I'm editing. However, when I inject that dds back into the model.nut he ends up glowing red:
View attachment 55906

According to the guide I'm using, that's a texture ID problem. So I try to use the texIDfix script, and although that fixes his clothes it also applies that texture to his skin and blanks out his eyes:
View attachment 55907

I'm not sure what exactly is going wrong here. I've probably done the Texture ID fix incorrectly somehow but the description is a little ambiguous so I don't know what steps I ought to take to address that problem. Any tips?
try out this, it will probably be very, very helpful for you

http://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/4689

btw I'm still completely unable to run the game with any custom skins. it either crashes or loads infinitely at the CSS. previously I could fix this issue by removing and re-adding everything, but thes time nothing works anyone help?

Last edited by superteletubbies64,

Brecert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly does the character msc/character.mscsb do exactly?
As of now I am assuming its what loads moves if it requires a weapon.

Edit : In data/model/mii_icon there is a MBM file format. Although it would be logical for it to be the Multi Bitmap format, it would appear to be something else. Would it be possible to make an extractor or file viewer for it? Or whatever it needs atleast.

Last edited by Brecert,

Corndog Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D