Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

mememan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would someone be willing to put a texture a moveset and a sfx mod in a working 1.1.6 build for me? I had a build made but it doesn't work and I can't edit my own builds

Spyro78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have just quoted me directly.
All the slots after Corrin's in ui_character_db.bin are dummy slots and can be replaced. Just copy all of Mario's data to the dummy slot and change the cosmetic ID, Character ID, and CSS slot number to whatever you want and it should show up in game.
I'm not entirely sure what all has to be changed to make the slot show up in game, but copying almost all of another fighter's data seems to work just fine.
How do cosmetic IDs work? (and where are they)

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got stage adding working. Stage ID is an existing one which is why it is the Wuhu Island Stage. Might mess with that a bit more.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

YU5U8I7.jpg

Last edited by KillzXGaming,
D

Deleted User

Can someone please send me the Patch 288? My Nus Grabber isn't working and I tried re-downloading it and it still doesn't work.

Or is it dumped with the Smash Disc Dump?

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: FlappyFalco

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't do this without explaining how! :P
Pretty simple. Copied the same info as the DLC entries so it will be on the same page (likely lines 4 or 5 does this). Then changed the ID to something else. Lines 0, 10, and 20 all seem to share the same ID, but still unsure. The slots are controlled with lines 6-9.

The way I ordered them is starting from the DLC, being 126 for lines 6-7 and 127 for 8-9,

i added 2 for both values.

So adding another stage would be

128 and 129. Like

33yJqER.png

Keep adding these values by 2 per stage and it should order properly. I have n idea how to add entries but you can add quite a lot of stages with the existing entries.

Sorry if this sounds confusing. Likely it is the same way mastakio did custom characters although i wish he shared how he actually changed what the slots CSP was and how the character shows up.

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

vaanrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you know if the model import will be possible ?
and if yes, when ?

Should be faster this time around than it was for Brawl, since Namco's nud files are a known quantity that's been used in other games. It'll still take time, though. Patience is a virtue.

Alls I know is when it's possible, I will be making a custom Teleroboxer model and I will be rigging it on to Little Mac.

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Should be faster this time around than it was for Brawl, since Namco's nud files are a known quantity that's been used in other games. It'll still take time, though. Patience is a virtue.

Alls I know is when it's possible, I will be making a custom Teleroboxer model and I will be rigging it on to Little Mac.

You mean Harry, the one with the spiked head?
teleroboxer2.png

images

That would be pretty cool actually. You should make a red and black alt for him too as a reference to the Virtual Boy.

Also, while I was looking around for these images, I found this: http://smashboards.com/threads/new-character-harry-from-teleroboxer.74660/

It's a thread from the pre-Brawl days, almost 10 years old... ...most of the people there haven't been seen on the site in years. Anyway, one of them mentions that Harry could just end up being a Little Mac clone! Just thought that was relevant, since you're making the model go over Little Mac, which will probably look pretty cool.

Last edited by FlappyFalco,

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France

personnally i'd like to port my flandre scarlet brawl mod

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Does anyone know if TS4M's Modpack works in 1.1.6?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does anyone know if TS4M's Modpack works in 1.1.6?
I've heard that Bayonetta is the only thing that doesn't work, but I've also seen others saying none of it works, anyone who's got it working can tell me if it can be done?

vaanrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean Harry, the one with the spiked head?
teleroboxer2.png

images

That would be pretty cool actually. You should make a red and black alt for him too as a reference to the Virtual Boy.

Also, while I was looking around for these images, I found this: http://smashboards.com/threads/new-character-harry-from-teleroboxer.74660/

It's a thread from the pre-Brawl days, almost 10 years old... ...most of the people there haven't been seen on the site in years. Anyway, one of them mentions that Harry could just end up being a Little Mac clone! Just thought that was relevant, since you're making the model go over Little Mac, which will probably look pretty cool.

Harry the Teleroboxing Robot. He's on my short list.

V4rAD5b.jpg

Texture modding is fun and all, but the real game starts when the model imports are a go.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Harry the Teleroboxing Robot. He's on my short list.

V4rAD5b.jpg

Texture modding is fun and all, but the real game starts when the model imports are a go.

Oh, absolutely. The things people did in the Brawl days was absolutely amazing. My only concern would be that there aren't enough people who have an interest in modding SM4SH Wii U, especially now that the Wii U is at its "end" as far as Nintendo, and indeed the general public are concerned. But then again, the game is far easier than Brawl to mod, and people are more experienced this time, so I guess it evens out. Best case scenario, the NX is a success, SM4SH is rereleased on the console with the same file formats as Wii U, and an exploit is found on a current firmware which Nintendo doesn't patch for a few months. The would be a Godsend for the modding scene IMO.

However, another problem is animations. Right now I could add a second slot on the CSS for Fox, rename it Wolf, change his default colour, the colour of his Landmaster, change his weight and speed, as well as the damage and knockback his attacks would deal, but unless we have custom models and animations, new characters are a no go.

EDIT: Aayyy, we have the same post count. :D

Last edited by FlappyFalco,

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, absolutely. The things people did in the Brawl days was absolutely amazing. My only concern would be that there aren't enough people who have an interest in modding SM4SH Wii U, especially now that the Wii U is at its "end" as far as Nintendo, and indeed the general public are concerned. But then again, the game is far easier than Brawl to mod, and people are more experienced this time, so I guess it evens out. Best case scenario, the NX is a success, SM4SH is rereleased on the console with the same file formats as Wii U, and an exploit is found on a current firmware which Nintendo doesn't patch for a few months. The would be a Godsend for the modding scene IMO.

However, another problem is animations. Right now I could add a second slot on the CSS for Fox, rename it Wolf, change his default colour, the colour of his Landmaster, change his weight and speed, as well as the damage and knockback his attacks would deal, but unless we have custom models and animations, new characters are a no go.
model hacking for brawl even without animations still worked fine. You could have shrek over Wario just fine aslong as the rigging was fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)