Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am attempting to add additional slots to the css by following a part in this tutorial

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...unds-per-costume-and-more-mega-thread.426351/

What does it mean by dummy slot? And I want to add Giga Bowser (ID 58), but his value is 4294967295, right before Corrin which is 57. Do I change it to 58, and also Line 10 (If slot shows or not) Is 0 which means it is showing, but its not. I am so confused, can anyone help or make a video tutorial?
You should have just quoted me directly.
All the slots after Corrin's in ui_character_db.bin are dummy slots and can be replaced. Just copy all of Mario's data to the dummy slot and change the cosmetic ID, Character ID, and CSS slot number to whatever you want and it should show up in game.
I'm not entirely sure what all has to be changed to make the slot show up in game, but copying almost all of another fighter's data seems to work just fine.

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the newest Sm4shExplorer, my Sm4sh boots to the menu (unedited, I have a mod that changes its looks). I try to enter the CSS, and Sm4sh freezes at the loading screen (with the BEEEEEEP sound we all know and hate).
My workspace folder is 0.97 GB, with the content, data, and data(us_en) folders in it. I pointed Sm4shExplorer to my update dump, built mods, and got the freeze. I then put the code, content, and meta folders from the update into my game dump,
did the same thing, and got the freeze again. Not sure what's wrong, as most people have things working fine, apparently.
Woo! Got things working. For anyone else that might have this problem, remove all "packed" files from your files (usually in replaced files and DLC files) in Sm4shExplorer. You can add back any mods removed
because of this by looking for them in your workspace and re-adding them.

Downside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yo, who uses paint.net to edit textures?

I have photoshop but I'm experimenting with paint.net for a while.

Anyways, when I save my texture that I made, and I put it in the InjectPack folder, I click on EasyInject but I don't get the tmp.gtx file, anyone knows why?

Baggy Scraggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yo, who uses paint.net to edit textures?

I have photoshop but I'm experimenting with paint.net for a while.

Anyways, when I save my texture that I made, and I put it in the InjectPack folder, I click on EasyInject but I don't get the tmp.gtx file, anyone knows why?

Did you edit the path of EasyInject? When you download it it's directed to someone else's computer.

Bravalerie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
its in the same location as the program. Better off deleting it and let it rebuild.
Excuse me for the dumb question, but i can't find the xml files.
I've already updated the code,content,meta folders with 288 and I can open Sm4shexplorer. How can i rebuild the files?
1rdU367.png

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please remember that your resource files must match the actual resources stored in your SD.

If you started a new workspace from scratch for example, you have to get a clean patch folder on your SD as well, the mods you copied there won't magically disappear.

D

Deleted User

Question, Sorry to ask in the wrong Thread but the GuiDDD Thread is really inactive so I Need so help here.

Whenever I try to set myself up for Dumping my SSBWii U Disk on My Wii U it says that the Host Ip is 192.168.178.3 But my computer says the Host Ip is 192.168.1.77. Can somebody PLEASE help me?

Mario123311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things still aren't working for that texture and I'm honestly giving up. Can somebody please try and compile it for me because I'm too pissed and it keeps breaking no matter what.

Revax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A bit of a specific question, but has anyone done any character modding for DLC characters for the PAL game (Seems to be PAL specific)?

I have only been able to replace the in game texture of one of the default 8 dlc skins. Even injecting a custom CSP using a PAL Mewtwo ui texture file hasn't worked, instead it doesn't load the file. I also tried extracting one of Mewtwo's CSPs and putting it over another skin which was also unsuccessful.
I've also tried adding a 9th skin for Mewtwo but it hangs when loading the CSS (I have successfully added a 9th skin for non-dlc characters so I am unsure why it doesn't work).

If anyone has any insight into a solution or has confirmation that this is a recognised issue I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Mario123311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anybody willing to compile a texture hack model.nut? I've tried and all my attempts have failed, and honestly: I'm burned out and pissed.

Raijinken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone been able to successfully change the hair colour of character which requires editing values? I've pretty much altered every value in the hair polygons and the changes are barely noticeable...

Is anybody willing to compile a texture hack model.nut? I've tried and all my attempts have failed, and honestly: I'm burned out and pissed.

Send me whatever it is you want to compile and I'll do it when I wake up.

Insdong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not 100% sure, but did you check the box that says "Decrypt Contents" before downloading the file in UWizard? I think that's the problem here.
Thanks, I tried doing it that way but it tells me to open some "ckey.bin" file I don't have, note I don't use UWizard but NEW NUS-Grabber, maybe I should use that other program?

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have bugs to deal with sm4shmusic and quite busy irl too, but one advice I would give: get a clean SD patch folder (without mods, from official patch 288, if that's what you're using).
And try one, only one mod. Make sure it works before adding more.

All I can say is we tried an additional skin before releasing 0.06 and it was working. Didnt test extensively though, but I don't see why specific files would cause issues when they were fine with 0.04.

Lots of people are having issues cause they don't realize that if they override official files with modded files, if they ever remove the mods later they have to put the official file back in the SD, or it will crash.
I'm planning of adding a direct export to SD feature for 0.7, that will get rid of this problem.

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you edit the path of EasyInject? When you download it it's directed to someone else's computer.
i found a way to make an universal bat file, you have just to remove all the directories, keep just the name of the file in the bat like this :

"for %%f in (*.dds) do for %%b in (*.nut) do python NUT_Inject.py %%b %%f %%~nf "
it will use the file into the current folder and it's universal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...