Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Matzeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
did you turn on the apache server on xampp?
I noticed, that the tutorial i was using was wrong. The files had to be in C://xampp/htdocs and not in C://xamppthdocs.. Dont trust those tutorials. I managed to launch the exploit and SDCafiine.. Now: are there differences in PAL and NTSC? Seems like the N64 pack doesnt make any differences on my PAL game.

vaanrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody with an android smartphone should just download 'Server for PHP' and make your phone a hotspot for your Wii U.

Easy, portable, and doesn't require internet.

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On an unrelated note I think I'm the only person coming across this issue of the IDSP clipping upon loop, unless I'm doing something wrong........

DangitBobby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've found a bug in ParamEditor and I don't know who to tell about it. I've been trying to edit "ui_sound_db.bin" to change the tracks that play on each stage. However, when saving the file with ParamEditor, it saves a few bytes out of order and the file breaks.

Loading "ui_sound_db.bin" and resaving it with no changes causes these bytes to get switched in every entry under group 3:

3775a87ff1bfd71b6df1e2972484339f.png

This makes every field of the normal [0] entry into an entry itself, instead of the normal behavior.

93497d5eba238dc39e3216ab669df1dd.png

How can I get in touch with the guy that made this tool?

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I think I've found a bug in ParamEditor and I don't know who to tell about it. I've been trying to edit "ui_sound_db.bin" to change the tracks that play on each stage. However, when saving the file with ParamEditor, it saves a few bytes out of order and the file breaks.

Loading "ui_sound_db.bin" and resaving it with no changes causes these bytes to get switched in every entry under group 3:

3775a87ff1bfd71b6df1e2972484339f.png

This makes every field of the normal [0] entry into an entry itself, instead of the normal behavior.

93497d5eba238dc39e3216ab669df1dd.png

How can I get in touch with the guy that made this tool?
Looks like the developer of the tool screwed up the endianness of the values.

DangitBobby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the developer of the tool screwed up the endianness of the values.
That would make sense, but I don't see why it'd only happen here when every other file saves fine. Maybe it has something to do with how many entries there are (nearly 600 in this group).

xKaii

Trophies
XP
Country
can someone please upload or send me the v208 update for smash bros
thx

It's not that difficult:

- Download Uwizard

-
f6voYiJ.png

The only thing you have to get by yourself is the wii u common key. But it's easy, just google it.

Notes: the title id in the pic is for USA

- EUR: 0005000E10145000
- JAP: 0005000E10110E00

I don't think the custom music carries over...does it?

It won't. The game just read the custom theme that replaces the original from the SD. Actually, you can test it by yourself loading the game without SDCafiine.

That's because Smash replays are just script, not videos.

Last edited by xKaii,

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm trying to find the emblem for Cloud (the "FF" logo that appears next to his battle portrait and the one that appears at the start of the victory screen) because I want to change it to the meteor. I found something that I think is it, but it is a "Format 21" dds file, and I don't know how to convert this or save it in the correct way. Any advice?

Also, is it even possible to upload replays with mods active? I've tried to upload some with my music and skins and it always freezes when loading the replay (if I play it without trying to upload, it works just fine.)

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would make sense, but I don't see why it'd only happen here when every other file saves fine. Maybe it has something to do with how many entries there are (nearly 600 in this group).
It's a known issue with the parameter editor. It saves most files fine, but a few, namely ui_sound_db.bin and ui_stage_db.bin, are broken upon saving.

DangitBobby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and wrote a small program that fixes broken "ui_sound_db.bin" files, which got my small edit working:

4c07b6cbe6ec4104e0b463bf7820630c.png

Now I just need to find which file lists nus3bank filenames and I can probably add songs rather than replacing them.

If anyone would like the fixing program just PM me.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
They could have also messed up if it was a short, long, etc. but it looks more likely an endianness problem.

D

Deleted User

Hi, Im new here and I managed to get mods to work on my Wii U and get set up For TS4M's Mod Pack. However everytime I load the mod pack the custom music doesn't show up anywhere. Like in the PasteBin tutorial, I put it in the bgm folder in the sound folder inside the Folder that has a Name full of random numbers, but it still doesn't work. The Only way I got the mod to work is going to [URL]http://loadiine.ovh/[/URL]

...and choosing SDCafiine and Kernel. Can anyone Help me?

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...and choosing SDCafiine and Kernel. Can anyone Help me?
i'm having a problem somewhat similar to yours... my nus3banks are in 0005000010144F00\sound\bgm but don't play when using sdcafiine + kernel on loadiine.ovh.

EDIT: so yeah, needed that extra 4. however, my stage models in \0005000010144F00\patch\data\stage\end\pacland\model don't show up ingame

Last edited by frogboy,

Raijinken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, new member here. Out of curiosity, is it possible to do actual model imports and have them working online? I'm talking maybe using the Link model from Hyrule Warriors over the Sm4sh Link model and still have it work online, or have we not come that far yet?

D

Deleted User

Hey, new member here. Out of curiosity, is it possible to do actual model imports and have them working online? I'm talking maybe using the Link model from Hyrule Warriors over the Sm4sh Link model and still have it work online, or have we not come that far yet?

I Don't think theve come THAT far. However, Time will tell when they do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy