JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It now does some extra checks to for the correct files and check that MIOS v10 is a valid wad by checking the hash. It will also work with future versions of DML. It chooses the name depending on what directory it's in, so "DMLr13" would create "DMLr13[MIOS-v10].wad".
Hi joostin, nice one thanks! I don't like the hash checker for some reason, it's too big :P
I packed it with a smaller one now becuase of size improvement:
http://www.mediafire...uzbu1mpj0987ckm
Lol, saving 1MB is waaaaaaaaay better than making sure MIOS isn't corrupt. :P

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol, saving 1MB is waaaaaaaaay better than making sure MIOS isn't corrupt. :P
The new checker does the same job and I save size, why don't suggest xflak this tool if he wanna save size :P
Oh, I thought you got rid of it. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that ModMii uses sfk for things besides checking the hash.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that ModMii uses sfk for things besides checking the hash.
Yeah I checked it out and this could be true, the tool can do pretty much everything.
When I first started to edit the batch I only planned to add
Code:
@echo off
TITLE DML Creator
echo DIOS-MIOS Lite Creator by FIX94
But I just kept thinking of new (and pretty much unnecessary, lol) things to add.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When I first started to edit the batch I only planned to add
Code:
@echo off
TITLE DML Creator
echo DIOS-MIOS Lite Creator by FIX94
But I just kept thinking of new (and pretty much unnecessary, lol) things to add.
lol. Well now it got some fine look and checks.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
You did all the hard work. I didn't know how to operate WadMii or anything.

Btw, is DIOS-MIOS original being worked on at all? I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't figure out how to search the thread.

There is really no point unless someone figures out a way around the MEM2 problem. The issue is that on the Wii, MEM2 is used as Gamecube ARAM but USB access also has to go through MEM2. That means that both the Gamecube game and the Wii USB hardware are both trying to use the same memory area which (obviously) doesn't work.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well, since they already have a compatibility list at WiiSOS, why not one at WikiTemp?

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Lite_Compatibility_List

Format mercilessly copied from the DM list by Your's Truly

I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet, to be honest.

Anyways, the downside, is, well, at the moment, the list is well, kinda empty. Can't be bothered to read through that unformatted Google Translated text at the WiiSOS list. If anyone can help fill it out, that'd be just great. I might help fill it out a bit too, in the future.

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
You did all the hard work. I didn't know how to operate WadMii or anything.

Btw, is DIOS-MIOS original being worked on at all? I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't figure out how to search the thread.

There is really no point unless someone figures out a way around the MEM2 problem. The issue is that on the Wii, MEM2 is used as Gamecube ARAM but USB access also has to go through MEM2. That means that both the Gamecube game and the Wii USB hardware are both trying to use the same memory area which (obviously) doesn't work.
Ah, thanks for the info. Do you know how to search a thread?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
About the compatiblity, these are the games that are expected to NOT work:
- All games that use multiple .dol files
- All games that reload the main.dol, like Eternal Darkness does on death
- All games that use .elf files, like the 007 games
- All games that clear 0x1800-0x3000, like Pokemon Box, well there's a chance they work anyways, but don't expect it
- Phantasy Star online, most likely for the same unknown reason why it does not work on NeoGamma, on top of being a game with .ef files and clearing 0x1800-0x3000
- 007 Everything or Nothing, most likely for the same unknown reason why it does not work on NeoGamma, on top of being a game with .ef files
- All games that have random issues in Swiss, like Luigi's Mansion, because the code of DML and Swiss is similar and the read speed is comparable low
- Possibly the Baten Kaitos games, maybe a speed problem, maybe an interrupt problem, they should get random freezing issues

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Until I found out about NeoGamma working with DML, I was going to start using Swiss for Gamecube games. I don't see the point now. I still need an SD card, so I was wondering if you guys could take a look at this one and see if any red flags stand out (mainly speed). If nothing seems wrong I'll buy it and let you know how it works. I think it would be a good thing to link to in the first post.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Until I found out about NeoGamma working with DML, I was going to start using Swiss for Gamecube games. I don't see the point now. I still need an SD card, so I was wondering if you guys could take a look at this one and see if any red flags stand out (mainly speed). If nothing seems wrong I'll buy it and let you know how it works. I think it would be a good thing to link to in the first post.

It's only a class 4 card. I would try to get class 10 or at least 8. Class 6 might be the highest official class, but some cards manage the speed that would be class 10.

PS: After a quick seach, i realize that those faster cards cost double the price of the card you found. Also, if you use a card that supports 30MB/s reading, it would not mean that DML reads with 30MB/s with that card. But if the card is faster, DML should read faster with it, but i can't confirm it or how much faster it would be.
PPS: The Class 10 card from SanDisk you might find on that shop seems to be a Class 6 only

Reactions: 2 people

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's the one that seems be a class 6 instead 10 as advertised. Anyways, the higher the class of the card, the faster it should work in theory, but i can't promise you anything. If you want to be really sure, wait until somebody who has several cards reports his test results with games where the speed matters.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So... Let me get this straight, the once thought dead and abandoned DIOS MIOS is now slowly being developed again. Even though, it looks like early days as yet... I'm going to keep a close eye on this, as I feel this could be the year of better NGC compatibility (other than using a disc) on the Wii. :)

Also... it's good to see WiiPower (who maintains NeoGamma) supporting this in someway.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's only a class 4 card. I would try to get class 10 or at least 8. Class 6 might be the highest official class, but some cards manage the speed that would be class 10.

PS: After a quick seach, i realize that those faster cards cost double the price of the card you found. Also, if you use a card that supports 30MB/s reading, it would not mean that DML reads with 30MB/s with that card. But if the card is faster, DML should read faster with it, but i can't confirm it or how much faster it would be.
PPS: The Class 10 card from SanDisk you might find on that shop seems to be a Class 6 only

wtf.. I wouldn't call myself oblivious, but i've never realized there was different "classes" in sd cards. lmao

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
So... Let me get this straight, the once thought dead and abandoned DIOS MIOS is now slowly being developed again. Even though, it looks like early days as yet... I'm going to keep a close eye on this, as I feel this could be the year of better NGC compatibility (other than using a disc) on the Wii. :)

Also... it's good to see WiiPower (who maintains NeoGamma) supporting this in someway.

No, the original DIOS MIOS (which was an attempt to load Gamecube games from USB) is still abandoned. However, DIOS MIOS Lite, which loads them from the front SD card is still being worked on. Apparently it is possible to access the front SD slot without using MEM2, unlike USB2 which wants MEM2 to itself.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't follow this thread for a week and look what happens. The ability to run and use DML gets quite simplified and better. I am loving what I see so far, but now I've got two questions.

I've got quite a number of Gamecube .ISOs stored on my external hard drive of which I've compressed them all with GCMUtility. I know now that may not have been the best option at the time but it was the only option I knew of at the time. So I have to ask then, are all these compressed backups no good now? Do I need to delete them and start anew with my backups?

Now, this next question may be stupid, but, I know USB access requires mem2 access, but couldn't we mask USB access to make DML think it's accessing the SD card? I guess another to put is that is there any way that USB could use anything other than mem2? What about the broadband adapter? Any way we could make DML think it's accessing the broadband adapter when in reality it's accessing a USB drive? I really don't know, so I'm just spit-balling.

Thanks everyone for what they have done though, I thoroughly support all the efforts put forth here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: R Kelly and Cosby are guilty of it. I don't believe the rumours surrounding Jackson, unless it...