JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I had the same error. Just Download the wad from Nus Downloader, then unpack it with WadMii. The patched DML app rename it to 00000001.app, and replace the one that you got unpacking the clean MIOSv10 wad. The just pack again with wadmii

Ya, I downloaded with Nus Downloader which produced a list of files and not a wad. I was able to patch the file with DML which gave me 000000c.app. I don't get any files like that and don't see a way to get a .WAD file to begin with. I do see that Nus Downloader seems to be able to save as a .Wad, but when I try nothing happens.
It will save in the NUSD folder. Use v1.5a if you aren't already.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same error. Just Download the wad from Nus Downloader, then unpack it with WadMii. The patched DML app rename it to 00000001.app, and replace the one that you got unpacking the clean MIOSv10 wad. The just pack again with wadmii

Ya, I downloaded with Nus Downloader which produced a list of files and not a wad. I was able to patch the file with DML which gave me 000000c.app. I don't get any files like that and don't see a way to get a .WAD file to begin with. I do see that Nus Downloader seems to be able to save as a .Wad, but when I try nothing happens.

You need to rename your patched 000000c.app to 00000001.app, then place it in the correct nusd folder and then pack it to a wad with wadmii.

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
It will save in the NUSD folder. Use v1.5a if you aren't already.

Yes, that is where the files downloaded. In a folder called "TITLES" in the NUSD folder. I downloaded 1.9, so I should use 1.5? (why isn't any of this in the readme? sigh.)

You need to rename your patched 000000c.app to 00000001.app, then place it in the correct nusd folder and then pack it to a wad with wadmii.

Tried that. Doesn't work. :(

EDIT: While 1.5 still gave me the same files as 1.9, it was able to produce the needed .wad file to be unpacked by WadMii and that produced the file different file names.

Elliander

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I *think* I got it right this time. I was able to get the .wad with v1.5a of NUSD and it gave me the .WAD [181 KB (185,856 bytes)]. I then took the file 00000001.app [which was 177 KB (181,872 bytes)] from the extracted .WAD and renamed it to 0000000c.app then put the file into DML folder to create 000000c.app [55.7 KB (57,136 bytes)] and then renamed it to 00000001.app I thin repacked it with WadMii and the .WAD size is now 59.7 KB (61,184 bytes)

Is that all right? I want to make sure it's correct and the file sizes match up before I try using it just to be safe.

Also: I got NeoGama to run DML, since this guide seemed simple:

Step 1: Follow the steps to get the patched app file as shown in the readme.
Step 2: Download Show Mii Wads and unpack the Mios V10 wad. You can download this wad using NUS downloader.
Step 3: Replace the 00000001.app in the files you extracted with Show Mii Wads with the 000000c.app you got earlier.
Step 4: Pack the wad using Show Mii Wads.
Step 5: Download the newest Neogamma from Filetrip and put it on your SD card.
Step 7: Install the modified Mios wad you made to your real nand.
Step 8: In Neogamma, change the boot method to "Load games with DML" and you're good to go.

The only thing I don't understand is:

"Simply get a clean BC wad from NUS and install it on your emulated nand"

I have a backup up my NAND from before I modded my Wii to begin with and I know how to create a new backup as it is now. Do I have to backup the current NAND as it is now and then in the future restore that NAND before installing a new version of DML? And for installing DML, do I just install the .WAD with MultiModManager like any other .WAD, or is there something special about it?

Elliander

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
That's wrong...
@all with problems:
Place this in the DML folder and run the create_wad.bat:
http://www.mediafire...sakxz593mm71429
This should create a correct DMLr12[MIOS-v10].wad.
WadMii.exe, libWiiSharp.dll and nusd.exe from ModMii.

Interesting program. It says it successfully downloaded the title, but for everything that comes after it just says "The system cannot find the file specified"

Reactions: 1 person

Elliander

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Interesting program. It says it successfully downloaded the title, but for everything that comes after it just says "The system cannot find the file specified"
And you placed it in the folder together with the archive of google code?
edit:
Sorry lol your right, fixed:
http://www.mediafire...zege5fmaezz1yau

It worked this time, thank you! A very simple and useful program that should be officially bundled! I just put the included files into the same folder as the DML files and ran create_wad.bat and it did :)

214 KB (219,264 bytes)

Now I just need clarification on this other question I had:

I got NeoGama to run DML, since this guide seemed simple:

Step 1: Follow the steps to get the patched app file as shown in the readme.
Step 2: Download Show Mii Wads and unpack the Mios V10 wad. You can download this wad using NUS downloader.
Step 3: Replace the 00000001.app in the files you extracted with Show Mii Wads with the 000000c.app you got earlier.
Step 4: Pack the wad using Show Mii Wads.
Step 5: Download the newest Neogamma from Filetrip and put it on your SD card.
Step 7: Install the modified Mios wad you made to your real nand.
Step 8: In Neogamma, change the boot method to "Load games with DML" and you're good to go.

The only thing I don't understand is:

"Simply get a clean BC wad from NUS and install it on your emulated nand"

I have a backup up my NAND from before I modded my Wii to begin with and I know how to create a new backup as it is now. Do I have to backup the current NAND as it is now and then in the future restore that NAND before installing a new version of DML? And for installing DML, do I just install the .WAD with MultiModManager like any other .WAD, or is there something special about it?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, no you just need to create the DML wad, install it, convert the gamecube games and pack then on sd and then use neogamma or postloader3 to run them.

RODAuOM599

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I made a little compatibility list for DML on other forum. If you want to see it go here:
http://www.wiisos.co...html#post889866

Also, the forum is in spanish, so if you want help translating it, just ask me or use google translator.

PS.: Sorry if it's wrong to put links to some other web. :P

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
yeah, thats fine, just make sure to link to the googlecode page for downloads and not to mirror the files.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I made a few improvements to the batch file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3a3jsfkrtecovlb

It now does some extra checks to for the correct files and check that MIOS v10 is a valid wad by checking the hash. It will also work with future versions of DML. It chooses the name depending on what directory it's in, so "DMLr13" would create "DMLr13[MIOS-v10].wad".

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are the games better, then when this was first released? (better compatabilty). or the same? i only have 3 gc games, but would like to drop them on sd card. only used this once when it first was released an it sucked pretty much.(better just to play off disc.). i've been following for the past 1 or so. i think it was close to midnight when released for pl3. an i just updated pl3 with this added.
if so here i come eb games.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It now does some extra checks to for the correct files and check that MIOS v10 is a valid wad by checking the hash. It will also work with future versions of DML. It chooses the name depending on what directory it's in, so "DMLr13" would create "DMLr13[MIOS-v10].wad".
Hi joostin, nice one thanks! I don't like the hash checker for some reason, it's too big :P
I packed it with a smaller one now becuase of size improvement:
http://www.mediafire.com/?uzbu1mpj0987ckm

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I made a few improvements to the batch file:
http://www.mediafire...3a3jsfkrtecovlb

How do you know the hash of future versions? O.o

EDIT: reading fail.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
are the games better, then when this was first released? (better compatabilty). or the same? i only have 3 gc games, but would like to drop them on sd card. only used this once when it first was released an it sucked pretty much.(better just to play off disc.). i've been following for the past 1 or so. i think it was close to midnight when released for pl3. an i just updated pl3 with this added.
if so here i come eb games.

The compatiblity might be a little higher. But everything that worked before, but was too slow, will still be too slow.

Elliander

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hi, no you just need to create the DML wad, install it, convert the gamecube games and pack then on sd and then use neogamma or postloader3 to run them.

what do I use to convert the GC games, and where on the SD card do I put the GC games? Also, is there a way to rip my games with the GC directly, or do I need to rip the ISO on a computer?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what do I use to convert the GC games, and where on the SD card do I put the GC games? Also, is there a way to rip my games with the GC directly, or do I need to rip the ISO on a computer?
To rip the games use cleanrip on your wii. To convert them use fstfix to compress them first using command line command 'fstfix gamename.iso t'. Then it should create a smaller iso file. After this drag and drop the new iso in discex. This will create a new folder containing the game. Just copy this folder to 'games' on your sd card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Just don't go too close to him.
    +1
  • B @ btjunior:
    ⠀⢀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣠⣠⣤⣤⣤⣤⣀⠲⢦⣄⡀⠀⠀⡶⢟⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠰⣷⣷⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣬⡛⢷⣔⣾⡿⠟⠋⠉⠁⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠉⠙⠛⢻⠛⠛⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢛⣛⣛⣛⣛⣉⢉⣉⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⢿⣷⣝⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣛⣛⣛⣛⣛⣛⢛⡛⠛⠛⠛⣰⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣌⠛⠛⢛⣛⣛⣛⣛⣛⣛⣛⣓⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⡾⠛⢻⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿⡟⢻⣿⠳⠆⠘⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⠁⠐⠛⣿⡟⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣟⠛⠻⣦⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢴⠿⣧⣄⣀⣘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⣀⡙⢷⠀⢀⡿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⡖⠀⣾⣋⣀⣺⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣏⣀⣤⣴⠿⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠙⠉⠉⠉⠉⠛⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠋⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣿⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⡿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⠆⠀⠀⢀⣿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣶⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⣾⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣤⣤⣴⣶⣾⠿⠛⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠿⠟⠛⠛⠛⠛⠉⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
  • B @ btjunior:
    oops
  • B @ btjunior:
    ⣠⣀⣤⣶⣶⣶⣶⣤⣤⣤⣤⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣶⣬⣒⢦⡀⡾⠛⠉⠉⢀⣀⣈⣉⣉⣉⣻⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢛⣛⣉⣉⣉⣉⣀⠀⠉⠙⠻⢮⠀⠀⣀⠴⢲⣶⣶⣶⠶⡦⠄⢷⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⠃⠴⡶⢶⣶⣶⢶⠲⢤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠓⠤⠼⠿⠿⠿⠥⠽⠄⠘⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠂⠼⠥⠽⠿⠿⠿⠤⠖⠛⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡾⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠞⠀⠀⡞⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣠⡤⠤⠶⠞⠋⠁⠀⠀⣸⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tuW
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 wait, if rez's name is steve, then, oh no
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lmao
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm not Steve.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is that where we are now? shipping users on gbatemp?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (looks at luke x leo) except them lmao
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I had to guillotine some users over it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But it wasn't the head I was chopping off
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did Leo end up getting snipped haven't heard him crying about anything in a while
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yea, he got banned.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably on reddit crying about it or buying vpns
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I think luke too, and tiger is still here
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Luke is gone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz he got banned or gone gone?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan your thread is low, where's the newest baked goods?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan your thread is low, where's the newest baked goods?