Hacking Dios Mios Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, the original DIOS MIOS (which was an attempt to load Gamecube games from USB) is still abandoned. However, DIOS MIOS Lite, which loads them from the front SD card is still being worked on. Apparently it is possible to access the front SD slot without using MEM2, unlike USB2 which wants MEM2 to itself.
Oh right, sorry... I wasn't even aware of the difference between the two versions of DIOS MIOS.

RODAuOM599

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well I don't follow this thread for a week and look what happens. The ability to run and use DML gets quite simplified and better. I am loving what I see so far, but now I've got two questions.

I've got quite a number of Gamecube .ISOs stored on my external hard drive of which I've compressed them all with GCMUtility. I know now that may not have been the best option at the time but it was the only option I knew of at the time. So I have to ask then, are all these compressed backups no good now? Do I need to delete them and start anew with my backups?

You could try the games compressed with GCMutility, and see if those work. If not, well, you may have to do a fresh start with the uncompressed ones and try to compress them with FSTFIX.

Also, where can I put the results of my game tests in DML? Maybe I can help you translating the tested ones at WiiSOS? 'Cause I talk Spanish and I've learned a lot of English.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Using FSTFix is a waste of time, it was made for burned discs and makes many assumptions when compression the games.
And since you have to use DiscEX anyway to install a game it's even more useless.

DiscEX might not compress to the maximum possible size but there is a good reason for that: it keeps all file alignments to prevent issues!

Also you should still first try a 1:1 copy of a game before messing with the ISO!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Using FSTFix is a waste of time, it was made for burned discs and makes many assumptions when compression the games.
And since you have to use DiscEX anyway to install a game it's even more useless.

DiscEX might not compress to the maximum possible size but there is a good reason for that: it keeps all file alignments to prevent issues!

Also you should still first try a 1:1 copy of a game before messing with the ISO!

I use fstfix to shrink my .iso files. And i doubt that any other shrinker gets the games smaller than fstfix without parameters without breaking them. But i recommend to use the t toption on games with audio streaming, just to be sure the audio streams are aligned correctly. And i do not know if DiscEX automatically fixes broken audio streams if they are not aligned correctly for some reason, the fstfix t option on the other hand will just work.

uneekdml

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that neek2o in a uneek+di configuration has SD card access, is it possible to use DML inside of a neek2o uneek+di? I injected it into a uneek+di nand, but the game on the SD doesn't show up. Most probably neek2o only shows games in one place or the other, not both. I also ran NeoGamma from the SD since the newer versions support DML, but it seems to detect I'm running SNEEK and doesn't offer the DML option or list the GC game.

I know the newest releases say theyre made for real NAND, but I'm curious as to if there's still a technical limitation on this.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Now that neek2o in a uneek+di configuration has SD card access, is it possible to use DML inside of a neek2o uneek+di? I injected it into a uneek+di nand, but the game on the SD doesn't show up. Most probably neek2o only shows games in one place or the other, not both. I also ran NeoGamma from the SD since the newer versions support DML, but it seems to detect I'm running SNEEK and doesn't offer the DML option or list the GC game.

I know the newest releases say theyre made for real NAND, but I'm curious as to if there's still a technical limitation on this.

If you launch NeoGamma from Sneek, it will just show the gamecube games in the list. If you boot NeoGamma with a cIOS, you need to select the "DML mode" to display the games. If NeoGamma and Sneek+DI do not show your games, your games are in the wrong format or your sd card is not supported.

PS: The readme clearly states that Uneek is not supported!

uneekdml

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you launch NeoGamma from Sneek, it will just show the gamecube games in the list. If you boot NeoGamma with a cIOS, you need to select the "DML mode" to display the games. If NeoGamma and Sneek+DI do not show your games, your games are in the wrong format or your sd card is not supported.

I'm actually asking partly because the readme says that. I believe it's said that since before uneek+di had SD support, but now apps can be loaded and run from the SD card even when using uneek, so is there some other technical limitation making this still true? That's what I'm curious about.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I'm actually asking partly because the readme says that. I believe it's said that since before uneek+di had SD support, but now apps can be loaded and run from the SD card even when using uneek, so is there some other technical limitation making this still true? That's what I'm curious about.

When NeoGamma is in Sneek mode, it only uses the di command to get the game list from Sneek itself and it accesses the nand. If you boot NeoGamma from Uneek, the di command reads from usb and nand is usb as well. If Uneek would read the gamecube games from sd card, then DML would work for NeoGamma in Uneek. But before that happens, DML really has to work from Uneek itself alone.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, just wanted to inform you DML r13 breaks super smash bros melee support, it works in r12.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys, just wanted to inform you DML r13 breaks super smash bros melee support, it works in r12.

Thanks. I got a good idea why it's broken. If you follow the fwrite changes on Google Code, you get a realistic overview how bad my coding skills are. The next patch will be about it again, and it total, it's just do not apply the fwrite patch if it's defined.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
i may sound as a noob now, but is there a way now to use this without emulated nand/sneek/uneek? cause i never got uneek/sneek to work for some reason... no matter what i do i keep on getting black screens(tried all the advice you guys ever gave me on this one... and about emulated nand, i never had time to take a look at that... so i have no idea how that works...

RODAuOM599

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
How much is improved in the new version of DML? Is it more compatible? Or sumthin' else?

i may sound as a noob now, but is there a way now to use this without emulated nand/sneek/uneek? cause i never got uneek/sneek to work for some reason... no matter what i do i keep on getting black screens(tried all the advice you guys ever gave me on this one... and about emulated nand, i never had time to take a look at that... so i have no idea how that works...
Yes, just intall the modified wad with the DML and load the games via neogamma.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks. I got a good idea why it's broken. If you follow the fwrite changes on Google Code, you get a realistic overview how bad my coding skills are. The next patch will be about it again, and it total, it's just do not apply the fwrite patch if it's defined.
Thanks for the update, works fine again in r14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car