Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
they have a website thats been linked to in both commets right above yours. judging by it having been updated less than a month ago and their constant activity inside this thread, they're certainly alive.
A month doesn't exactly qualify as a recent update :/ plus in a month a LOT can happen

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A month doesn't exactly qualify as a recent update :/ plus in a month a LOT can happen
less than a month, really it was three weeks back only.
which is why i've also refered to the constant replys in this thread. and while i can entirely understand not going through 139 pages, but skimming the last two pages would have given you your answer too.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
Its not going to come any faster if they actually give you a date. And since those small dub related changes they add now at the end can always throw something out of whack, there'd still be no way to reliably tell.
Actually the fact still stands that the end is in sight, when exactly we don't know yet but it is there.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soooo, where is the download link for the patch? Also, how did you guys get so good at Photoshop :D /sarcasm

I always wanted to do that!!! But seriously though, you guys (and girls?) are doing an amazing job!!!

TJHeartnote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it gets to that it will be either.
A: Bandai is requesting a takedown because they feel this game should never be released in english, Romstar follows their wishes and will be taken down and lost forever.
B: Bandai has Given the notice and it has been taken down but a member of the team Uploads the incomplete patch elsewhere on the sly for another team to translate.
C: Bandai is requesting a takedown because they plan to release RE: Digitalize Decode officially stateside Romstar honors that and halts translation and we wait for the official release.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
A: Bandai is requesting a takedown because they feel this game should never be released in english, Romstar follows their wishes and will be taken down and lost forever.
B: Bandai has Given the notice and it has been taken down but a member of the team Uploads the incomplete patch elsewhere on the sly for another team to translate.
C: Bandai is requesting a takedown because they plan to release RE: Digitalize Decode officially stateside Romstar honors that and halts translation and we wait for the official release.
C will never happen, but lets say its true, i still hope that the team finishes the translation because i want to play the game on PC.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B will not happen. We would disagree with their decision, but we would nevertheless be bound by it.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

TJHeartnote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case I recommend you give the patch to a trusted unnamed third party and only they will release it on a certain time or upon your command you keep them updated. that way if the fertilizer hits the ventilator the patch is still released given it's out of your hands and it's the decision of the third party at that time. you technically would of taken your project down and halted work but this third party however won't be subject to the C&D.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case I recommend you give the patch to a trusted unnamed third party and only they will release it on a certain time or upon your command you keep them updated. that way if the fertilizer hits the ventilator the patch is still released given it's out of your hands and it's the decision of the third party at that time. you technically would of taken your project down and halted work but this third party however won't be subject to the C&D.
That's the point of my previous statement. We're not going to do that. There's a good chance that we'd still get sued, and even if we won, we'd be bankrupt. More importantly, we're not going to play silly buggers with a company whose work we like enough to spend years of our lives translating their game. If they tell us to take it down, before or after release, we will. People might continue to distribute it after that point, but that would be beyond our control.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We are VR Troopers lol +1