Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont feel right with making you have to guess.
I don't particularly care for it either. We've got half a dozen people who work on things at different paces, and things can be massively disrupted by things like unexpected schoolwork or a family illness. We try to avoid it, but there are times where one person has to finish something before anyone else can move on, and those times seem to be the exact time that that person will have something major come up.

Still, I'm getting more comfortable making predictions now. Outside of one area we decided needed some extra editing, basically everything is done on the language side. At this point we're working on getting everything standardized to dub terms, which we arbitrarily decided to do first, so that we can make that version of the patch, and then we'll get everything over to the sub terms after that. In the mean time, a friend of mine keeps adding some useful backend features to the patcher program, and is still looking in to making the opening video subs work.

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
So Sporky how'd the skill and digimon names go? (just had to ask cause I know how annoying it can be discerning which is dub and which is sub)

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
We haven't done that yet, mostly because it's annoying, so we decided to wait until everything else is ready to go.
It's too late for a poll...?

I mean, discussions on this would be annoying anyway, but I can't say if you guys are open to the idea of making two versions of the patch or dunno.

I'm fine with any choice, since I understand the game. :P

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's too late for a poll...?

I mean, discussions on this would be annoying anyway, but I can't say if you guys are open to the idea of making two versions of the patch or dunno.

I'm fine with any choice, since I understand the game. :P
They already said they gonna make 2 versions of the patch to please everybody.

Reactions: Hargrun

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
"[...] to please everybody."

Heh, it sounds funny and sad at the same time. Thankz for the info!
I think they're just trying to avoid negative feedback from players, like if someone knows Gallantmon as Dukemon and starts complaining about it... it can be really annoying.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they're just trying to avoid negative feedback from players, like if someone knows Gallantmon as Dukemon and starts complaining about it... it can be really annoying.
That really didn't come in to it. We just knew that it would take us about one extra day's work to make the maximimum number of players happy.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mean for you to add a third language. I thought you would be making a version with the dub names and one with the original Japanese names in english. If I'm wrong.. that's my mistake.

As for Gatomon.. at least that fits the naming conventions of digimon... Tailmon is like calling Agumon "Snoutmon"

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mean for you to add a third language. I thought you would be making a version with the dub names and one with the original Japanese names in english. If I'm wrong.. that's my mistake.

As for Gatomon.. at least that fits the naming conventions of digimon... Tailmon is like calling Agumon "Snoutmon"
I meant that "gato" is Spanish, and it seems unnecessary to have Digimon names be in Japanese, a la BanchoLeomon, English, like Wizardmon, and then a third language for no reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag