Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Don't worry, you are not the first, and definitely aren't the last. XD

That is pretty much the only insult that the so-called "people" on XBox Live could think of, other than "your mother ___" and "you are a 6-12 year old" comments.
They are just jelly that they haven't come up with an original name like yours. xXWizardx69Xx pls ;OOO;

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could have sworn that Digimon World Re: Digitize had a multiplayer mode like Digimon World (VS), or even co-op. :ohnoes:
Technically, kind of. It's ad hoc, so you have to be located near each other. And although PPSSPP has some minimal online support now, it crashes with this game. I guess I mostly mean multiplayer with random strangers who will be obnoxious if I'm not perfect at a video game.

Reactions: Hargrun

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Technically, kind of. It's ad hoc, so you have to be located near each other. And although PPSSPP has some minimal online support now, it crashes with this game. I guess I mostly mean multiplayer with random strangers who will be obnoxious if I'm not perfect at a video game.
Please, McForkinspoon. Tell me this crash is only happening in PPSSPP online. O____O (We had some problems in the Tag Force Special ad hoc mode, due our translation size...)

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSSPP crashes with the ad hoc online stuff in the raw game. We've tested that the online functions work just fine on two PSPs with our internal patch. Near as we can tell, it's a problem with PPSSPP.

Kaldric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSSPP crashes with the ad hoc online stuff in the raw game. We've tested that the online functions work just fine on two PSPs with our internal patch. Near as we can tell, it's a problem with PPSSPP.

there are ways around that, by using certin programs or sites have you tried that sporky? one of the programs is dolby Axon something about using IP Addresses or something with your friend for them to connect

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are ways around that, by using certin programs or sites have you tried that sporky? one of the programs is dolby Axon something about using IP Addresses or something with your friend for them to connect
I have not. Frankly, I only took an interest to see that A) nothing we did made the online functions screw up, and B) because there are certain strings you can't see used in the game until after you already have a connection going and we like to make sure we understand the context by seeing things used in the game. That said, after we release, you're welcome to try, and if you get it working and do a write up on how to do so, I'll gladly post it on the blog for others to see.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The PPSSPP community could check out what's wrong by reading PPSSPP's log, so if you can make one, upload it and post it on the forums (Or give it to me and i'll forward it to them).
Other things that could make issues with online is the public server aka coldbird.net, blocked ports and some things in PPSSPP's settings(Fast Memory and Multithreaded)

And don't try online with 2 PPSSPP's on 1 PC. I'm 99.9% sure that that would break it too.

EDIT: It freezes here, right?

2003988b45.jpg

Last edited by GamerzHell9137,

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this may seem stupid but with dcma with the amount of work you all did.
but wouldnt bandai or whater w try simaler thing that square did to the final fantasy type 0 translation
and just steal your work and then say there releasing a usa release on either psp vita or 3ds or so on.
i mean you all are like free labor and work doing all translating for them.
The company wont need to pay tons money on paying translators so in way company would see it as free labor?
so why would a company complain when they can just do what square did and just use your translations for american releases.
As I said in an earlier post STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS STUFF CAUSE IT LURES TROLLS AND FREAKS AND COULD CAUSE TROUBLE, had to caps so it would be more effective, and above that you CAN'T compare 2 companies since each company takes a different approach to stuff (its like comparing restaurants)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Me too. When testing, we have to go as fast as possible to see the text, so we end up using cheats to get maxed out stats.
Quick question are you guys perhaps using PPSSPP cause it has a turbo function that you can hold in and just basically zoom past a lot of bleh stuff like useless battles. (yes I know its not the same as testing on an actual PSP but its faster and speed matters too)

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of our testing is done on PPSSPP. It's easier for us, and at this point, I think there are relatively few people still using actual PSPs. We've done some testing on PSPs, but mostly to make sure there aren't bugs present there that don't act up in PPSSPP.

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
Most of our testing is done on PPSSPP. It's easier for us, and at this point, I think there are relatively few people still using actual PSPs. We've done some testing on PSPs, but mostly to make sure there aren't bugs present there that don't act up in PPSSPP.
Ah that's good to know, so aside from the project is the team doing well too?

The PPSSPP community could check out what's wrong by reading PPSSPP's log, so if you can make one, upload it and post it on the forums (Or give it to me and i'll forward it to them).
Other things that could make issues with online is the public server aka coldbird.net, blocked ports and some things in PPSSPP's settings(Fast Memory and Multithreaded)

And don't try online with 2 PPSSPP's on 1 PC. I'm 99.9% sure that that would break it too.

EDIT: It freezes here, right?
To use the online functions on PPSSPP you would need AdHocServer (don't use the built in part on the latest PSP) and you have to use a VLAN service like that of Evolve or Tunngle, granted they have the rooms since you require the IP of the one connecting or if you're the host you merely require to run ad hoc and have someone connect to your IP while being in the same room so the VLAN can verify it. If you're the on connecting it tends to freeze for 10 seconds then passes on to the connectivity status *P.S this method has been tried and tested with Monster Hunter Freedom 1, Freedom Unite and Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep so pm me here if you need any help in setting up a test run so we can organize a trial date, also yes 2 emu's = breaking.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just saw this (which is not the latest blog post anymore, it's the 2nd latest). Sounds like you have a bunch of cool people working with you. I'd ask to join, but I don't like Digimon. But definitely let all of us know about your next project. :)

Can you let us know how you work together? Like for example, you're quality checking right now. Do you just post screenshots of problems? Do you each play through a different part of the game?

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
I just saw this (which is not the latest blog post anymore, it's the 2nd latest). Sounds like you have a bunch of cool people working with you. I'd ask to join, but I don't like Digimon. But definitely let all of us know about your next project. :)

Can you let us know how you work together? Like for example, you're quality checking right now. Do you just post screenshots of problems? Do you each play through a different part of the game?
I think I can answer the last part about the game, in earlier posts one of them said that it does kinda get annoying having to play the game fully over and over so based off that statement I'd say they're playing it 100% (each person)

By the way just a general question but does anyone know if there will be a team that will take up the monster hunter 3 project? The last team quit apparently at 80% :/

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have ended up doing less testing than most people. Everyone else tends to take screenshots of problems they find, and I go in and fix them. Outside of testing, things tend to work differently. Rom does the rough translations, which I proofread for accuracy. Then I do a round of editing to make them sound more like natural English, then Kalker does things like check my grammar, and make sure that things that made sense if you had read the Japanese still make sense without that context. That's the general plan at least, in practice, everyone tends to read through most of the changes and give suggestions where necessary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • PandaPandel
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car