ROM Hack Digimon Story Lost Evolution Project

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hi All,

Suaqua, no problem, actually I have many problems to check until he is back.

I found also the cause of Black Screen, It is the nickname of Digimon. But, solving this issue have 3 choices:
1) change it back to japanese (will let also names in dialog japanese)
2) let them in this format (requires everytime the player to delete the digimon name before nickname it)
3) write them in S-JIS (means 2 bytes for letter, but I can't do it using Normmatt's Editor, so Either Normmatt have a way, or, do it in slow and painful way).

About the ERROR instead of details, also I think it has something with line length restriction. I will check it and tell you.

About Veemon or V-mon, now I put it as Veemon and Veedramon and ExVeemon, but If required, I will remove them to V- Format.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
yugix said:
Hi All,

Suaqua, no problem, actually I have many problems to check until he is back.

I found also the cause of Black Screen, It is the nickname of Digimon. But, solving this issue have 3 choices:
1) change it back to japanese (will let also names in dialog japanese)
2) let them in this format (requires everytime the player to delete the digimon name before nickname it)
3) write them in S-JIS (means 2 bytes for letter, but I can't do it using Normmatt's Editor, so Either Normmatt have a way, or, do it in slow and painful way).

About the ERROR instead of details, also I think it has something with line length restriction. I will check it and tell you.

About Veemon or V-mon, now I put it as Veemon and Veedramon and ExVeemon, but If required, I will remove them to V- Format.

If you can tell me exactly how to trigger a blackscreen (I got it once not sure how to trigger it though) I will look into the cause and try find a proper solution.

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dear Normmatt,

To trigger the screen, You need to change the names of digimons in MESPAK000 to english (first list only since it is the required one). then when you aquired Gabumon, it will tell you to enter its nickname. If you didn't clear and change his name, when you enter the digimon list in farm or in the information you will get black page instead of digimon list.

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
About the black screen,
I have fixed the issue, and now it is working fine. I will test it further to be sure

About the details,
I will finish the first issue and then check it.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Who is working on the project?
Whoever is, should made a new thread and close this one down.
The OP just made a request, and the first post should provide details about the progress not a request...

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
edit: troll response.
not sure what you are asking/saying.
just sent magus a message asking if they really wanted this thread closed.
if that is true I hope yugix will start a new one.
Don't ask for progress. Things are getting done and updating the first post gets tiring.

just be happy things are getting done. The graphics will be quick and easy. the text from what i see is going pretty dang fast.

It may not be done your way, but it is getting done.

stop being too lazy to read....

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dear suaqua,

We will start the new thread if magnus asked for this to be closed. Or, if we wanted to release the beta version, since we won't be able to change the first page as we need to.

Sorry to be slow in translating the remainings, but I can't before being sure that at least all things work smoothly.

And my Internet problem has not fixed yet. I'm restricted with this BB.
I hope by next week, I will fix the details issue then I will proceed in it.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
yugix said:
Dear suaqua,

We will start the new thread if magnus asked for this to be closed. Or, if we wanted to release the beta version, since we won't be able to change the first page as we need to.

Sorry to be slow in translating the remainings, but I can't before being sure that at least all things work smoothly.

I'd vote for not releasing a public beta because it would result in the translators being spammed with "whenz it gonna be finished" or "hurry up dudez" or other crap n00bs usually spam people with its best to keep it private for the time being even though they can easily view the story translation (which people keep breaking
frown.gif
).

bitchass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
yugix said:
Dear suaqua,

I'd vote for not releasing a public beta because it would result in the translators being spammed with "whenz it gonna be finished" or "hurry up dudez" or other crap n00bs usually spam people with its best to keep it private for the time being even though they can easily view the story translation (which people keep breaking
frown.gif
).

frown.gif
not everyone is going to bug u. lol many of us have been patiently waiting, but w.e u guys choose to do is fine
biggrin.gif

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've read, sounds like a lot of progress has been made. Hope you guys get through your trials (Such as Yugix's bad internet) and that every thing goes smoothly. Good luck.
biggrin.gif

Kingdino

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Normmatt said:
yugix said:
Dear suaqua,

frown.gif
).
I agree with Normmatt

MagusZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can edit the main post some time if needed. You guys are doing good work. I hope to see this released some time soon. I'd suggest releasing a beta with completed names, skills, and quests, since that's enough to make the game playable for people who can't read japanese, and then release the story when it's done.

Takeshi55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I need some help replacing the arm9 file on my Lost Evolutions rom, because I can only replace pack files with the program I use.

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Takeshi55 said:
I need some help replacing the arm9 file on my Lost Evolutions rom, because I can only replace pack files with the program I use.

Use DSbuff, and unpack the rom using it. Then replace files and Pack the rom again.

Takeshi55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get my rom to have things in english at all. I replaced all MESPAK files, FONT_NFTR and arm9, but nothing's changing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44