ROM Hack Digimon Story Lost Evolution Project

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't that sound just a little on the rude side to both of you?
What happened to having some patience and courtesy. Its not like this project is done. When it is another p.m. will get sent, if they don't answer then... a new thread will be started.
just wow...

Some nes fan translation projects have taken 5 to 10 years to complete, I am sure we can wait until this is done before making it slightly easier to get a patch.

By the time this project is done, there will be not much need for another thread
If we edit the first post, people wont have to constantly ask whens a patch, how far is the project. Who's the leader etc.
Also, I believe there's being absent. And there's being dead for over 6 months.

But as i already said, tis sup to you peoples. I just suggest :)

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the time this project is done, there will be not much need for another thread
If we edit the first post, people wont have to constantly ask whens a patch, how far is the project. Who's the leader etc.
Also, I believe there's being absent. And there's being dead for over 6 months.

But as i already said, tis sup to you peoples. I just suggest :)

Indeed. I don't really see how it's rude seeing as how the original poster hasn't logged in in over six or so months and probably won't for a long time. I don't think a mod adding a few lines or making yugix the poster instead will really change much. Making a new translation thread rely on someone who hasn't logged in in so long is a little silly. Either way, it's yugix's decision. The mass will support whatever yugix decides, I believe.

Reactions: 1 person

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't that sound just a little on the rude side to both of you?
What happened to having some patience and courtesy. Its not like this project is done. When it is another p.m. will get sent, if they don't answer then... a new thread will be started.
just wow...

Some nes fan translation projects have taken 5 to 10 years to complete, I am sure we can wait until this is done before making it slightly easier to get a patch.
Excuse me? We are being patient; we just were offering a friendly suggestion regarding a new topic. Apologies if I offended you, as it was not my intent. And plus, I'd much rather you took your time on the patch and ensured that everything was just right before even thinking about making a new topic.

Again, was just a harmless suggestion, that's all.

EDIT: Also, was only suggesting it as a means to centralize all known information and translation so far, in an attempt to curtail further repeated questions such as HOW MUCH IS DONE and ARE YOU USING LOCALIZED NAMES and stuff. That way you guys can focus on translating instead of getting mad at people for constantly asking when the patch is coming out. It's understandable to be confused about the translation's progress when all the info is scattered across the myriad pages of the topic. Centralize all that info in the OP with a mod's help, and you avoid that problem.

And if anyone asks the dumb questions again, you can just point them to the conveniently rearranged OP where all that information is contained.

This was my only intent by suggesting it; no impatience for the patch was involved, as I'm quite patient. Plus, I've already beaten it in Japanese, so I'm not too worried about it. I'm supporting this project not for my own gain, but so others may experience it as I have.

Reactions: 3 people

shikamarutak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to add this to the Index, but I need to know if you guys have released a patch first. Normally I'd do the legwork myself, but there's no info in the first post, and the prospect of spending all day reading through almost 50 pages of thread looking for one link that may or may not exist does not thrill me. So, if one of you guys working on the project can tell me if there's a patch, and provide a link if there is, I'd appreciate it.

no theres no patch, they will release the game when there done. i dont think there going to make a patch ether with is a bummer. if my memory is right they said that there almost 50% done so all you can do is wait for it to come out. hope this helps.

Black-Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to add this to the Index, but I need to know if you guys have released a patch first. Normally I'd do the legwork myself, but there's no info in the first post, and the prospect of spending all day reading through almost 50 pages of thread looking for one link that may or may not exist does not thrill me. So, if one of you guys working on the project can tell me if there's a patch, and provide a link if there is, I'd appreciate it.

no theres no patch, they will release the game when there done. i dont think there going to make a patch ether with is a bummer. if my memory is right they said that there almost 50% done so all you can do is wait for it to come out. hope this helps.

You know someone asks every two pages. So you dont have to search very far for an awnser

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know someone asks every two pages. So you dont have to search very far for an awnser

In his defense, he just needed to know to create a spot for them in the Translation Index Thread. To let people know that there's a translation and he usually links them to the patch if there is one. I don't blame him for not wanting to search through 49 pages, but a lot of people ask that question. I suppose that's another reason why either a new thread has to be made or for a mod to do something with the first post. They'll keep asking constantly until there's a solution.

Black-Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

In his defense, he just needed to know to create a spot for them in the Translation Index Thread. To let people know that there's a translation and he usually links them to the patch if there is one. I don't blame him for not wanting to search through 49 pages, but a lot of people ask that question. I suppose that's another reason why either a new thread has to be made or for a mod to do something with the first post. They'll keep asking constantly until there's a solution.

If not a new thread, then at least a FAQ thread where all FAQ are answered. I'd gladly make that.

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

If not a new thread, then at least a FAQ thread where all FAQ are answered. I'd gladly make that.

Hi, no need to create a new FAQs topic, I will create the new topic in this weekend hopefully.

Black-Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hi, no need to create a new FAQs topic, I will create the new topic in this weekend hopefully.
Good Good. Please do. I think im going to blow a fuse at the next person to say something like:

:angry:

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Patience is its own reward, people. If you want to play a patch so badly right now, how about trying to translate it yourself? It's a lot of work, far more than it seems some of you realize, and asking for a patch more often than a Pokémon says its own name is detrimental to the translation process.

No, it doesn't *technically* affect the process itself, but this is similar to the reason, if not the reason (I think; the full explanation seems to have vanished) that Crimson Nocturnal quit translating. Because people wouldn't stop bugging him. Now I understand how deeply you would like to play this game in English, but I don't think ANYONE wants a repeat of that.

Especially not after all the work put into this.

Now be patient, people, and the patch will come in time. Being patient for this is far more effective than asking for a patch incessantly.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free