ROM Hack Culdcept DS [open translation]

HolyMouthMan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I can't find a Rom that works in Japanese or after the patch is applied.

I'd be down to buy the game in Japanese an rip it but I'm simple and don't know know how I would get it from the cartridge. Is there a thread somewhere for this?

Ultimately I wanna put it back on an Acekard II but I need to find out how.

Pretty much desperate to play this game in English so any help would rock.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is fantastic. If it weren't for this translation patch, I wouldn't have even tried playing it. I would've been missing out on a whole buncha awesome. Thanks, and keep up the great work!

chexxor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HolyMouthMan said:
Hey guys, I can't find a Rom that works in Japanese or after the patch is applied.

I'd be down to buy the game in Japanese an rip it but I'm simple and don't know know how I would get it from the cartridge. Is there a thread somewhere for this?

Ultimately I wanna put it back on an Acekard II but I need to find out how.

Pretty much desperate to play this game in English so any help would rock.

Hey there HMM,

Go to www.play-asia.com and search for the game to import. Here is the game you want:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-77-...pt-70-2x31.html

Try using this guide to use Wi-fi to FTP into your DS and download the .nds file and .sav file:
http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1942

From there, you should be able to download the patch from our wiki:
http://culdcept.referata.com/wiki/WIP_Patch

And use the program that Theli made to easily patch the .nds file:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144...t&p=1906997

I hope this works for you

chexxor

Frannyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Thank you so much for this patch. Online is AWESOME, with voice chat support all the time. Anyone knows what are the options for it? I always go and pick up the first one. Maybe there's a mode where your online opponest can't see your cards?

harrypmgaga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If possible, I'd love to translate the English to Spanish. Basically as each build of the patch comes through I'll simply update my Spanish build with the translations. Let me know,

Cheers.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could use a bit of help patching the game. I tried using the GUI patcher. Put both the untrimmed ROM and the patch in the same folder, used the GUI, and it seemed to work...I guess. But when attempting to play the game, all the menus were still in Japanese. So, I'm assuming I wasn't successful.
unsure.gif

Bandle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
another instructions for patching
biggrin.gif

extract contents of latest patch archive and http://omploader.org/vMWl2cw/patch.rar
to some directory
so that contents of that directory look like this:
Code:
culdcept_eng.xdelta3
Drop Rom Here.bat
xdelta3.exe
and then just drop rom on "Drop Rom Here.bat" file
Try using this to patch, it's not a GUI but it's easy to use and should work better.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bandle said:
theli said:
another instructions for patching
biggrin.gif

extract contents of latest patch archive and http://omploader.org/vMWl2cw/patch.rar
to some directory
so that contents of that directory look like this:
Code:
culdcept_eng.xdelta3
Drop Rom Here.bat
xdelta3.exe
and then just drop rom on "Drop Rom Here.bat" file
Try using this to patch, it's not a GUI but it's easy to use and should work better.

Thanks. That seems to have done the trick.

Buatha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, just to understand what is translated, is the opening video supposed to be in English? I still see kanji characters.

Buatha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
small status update...
i can now read (and partly write) much of Culdcept's graphics ... (including manual pages)
ans such things as intro movie
unsure.gif
which in fact is just a slideshow with subtitles (also as images)

(screen from emu)

i haven't found shrines' effects text yet
frown.gif

Okay, because when I saw this post, I thought something was wrong with my intro. Thanks for the clarification.

ndspeng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanx for all the work Theli

i loved the culdcept for PS & PS2, but i had given up playing culdcept for the DS until i found someone had translated it.
damn, there goes my last 2-3 days just playing this game
tongue.gif

other than a few times the game crashed on me when i went to the info screen after an hour so into the game (now i don't access to info screens no more, too scared
tongue.gif
) I'm loving the translations.

again, thanx a lot for your work.

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the translation Theli!! i just found this yesterday and it's pretty freakin' awesome! =) and definitely playable.

anyways, just wanted to know if this translation is still going on. from the wiki page it seems like most, if not all, are translated already...

i did notice that the shrine effects are not translated yet and it kind of created some confusion while i was playing. not sure if those are planned to be translated later?

also during the first mission (tutorial?) when i hit the select button, which is suppose to give me hints, i get a batch of message that didn't really make any sense... is that linked weird?

EDIT:
couple other things i noticed.

when i was editing my book, no matter how many cards i have in my book it always says "book incomplete!" at the bottom as i exit and save. even if i have 50 cards.

in the first mission (tutorial), one of the messages was repeated twice for some reason.

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
not sure if this project is still alive at all, since there are no responses after my post, but just wanted to offer my help to the project if it's still ongoing.

my japanese skill is limited (i am fluent in chinese so i can understand most, if not all, kanji), and some common words used in RPGs. but i am proficient in graphic editing if these will be worked on in the project.

i helped out in the JUS translation project here on gbatemp.

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
sorry for not answering
i'm alive
project is pretty stalled as none touched pictures which are posted in this topic (and i don't know japanese and does not have great graphic skills)

i'll repeat the posted link for anyone interested
http://omploader.org/vMWprbw/pictures.7z
if someone translates some pictures - post them here and i'll hack them in

also if people are still interested in translating i'll try to find time and finish extracting missing texts (like temples' effects)

edit: yes, i can hack 'movie' subtitles in - they are in that pictures archive

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
here i did a really quick edit of one of the images 00736.gif see if this works out okay. =)

00736.gif

i looked at the intro video text and the colors are not just plain white even though that's how it looks when i loaded it on my DS. not sure how to go about that.

i contacted amishsexy, chexxor, and Bandle to see if they can help me translate the text on the image files. i can handle the actual graphic end of things. =)

more of these "control method" batch of images to come.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.