ROM Hack Culdcept DS [open translation]

chexxor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey mixinluv2u, I see that you are adding a lot of text to the cards section. Nice work. But you are adding comments saying "Snippets"? What does that mean, are you getting the text from somewhere? Just curious. Nice work on that, btw.

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
by "Snippets" i meant those flavor text that gives a little background regarding each card. It's the right most column on the wiki.

there's a full translation of the game in chinese, and i am actually translating them from chinese to english (since that's what i am fluent in). if I am a little off that's probably why, so feel free to correct me. =)

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
hey sorry for such noob question but somehow I'm unable to patch the ROM using both the methods mentioned by theli in the 1st page.. The 1st option where we download an xdelta3.exe and enter a command line (when i double click the exe file it open and closes in an instant hence i can't enter the command that you suggested).. Also how come the patch file name is culdcept_eng.xdelta3 I mean i know most patches are created by using this method however what i want to know is the name of the file (till date patches i have downloaded have either no file extension names or have an extension as .patch).. can anyone help plz

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
Hotzdevil, try this:

theli said:
another instructions for patching
biggrin.gif

extract contents of latest patch archive and http://omploader.org/vMWl2cw/patch.rar
to some directory
so that contents of that directory look like this:
Code:
culdcept_eng.xdelta3
Drop Rom Here.bat
xdelta3.exe
and then just drop rom on "Drop Rom Here.bat" file

Tsunii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
theli said:
next patch (i'm now uploading that to my server) will contain first batch of manual translations by mixinluv2u
1.png
2.png
wow
wacko.gif

this one gets better and better every time i take a look^^
hopefully this will turn into a nearly 100% translation so everybody can fully enjoy this game

just want to say thanks to theli and all those who contributed to this translation you just did an awesome job
and good luck for the future
yaynds.gif

Maxkhoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Palau
I'm excited and impressed........

Thank you very much Theli.

It's will soon evolve to perfect translation in no time by your kind effort
then everyone will be able to enjoy this awesome game!

:-)

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Found the error. I used the search bar and entered "Baltheus", picked story script, and scrolled to the bottom. The error is in Zeneth's script, Line 362. It says "Nice work, {03)0/.". Judging from the other entries, the {03)0/ should be {03}0/ (parenthesis becomes 2nd bracket).

EDIT2: Fixed it.

Kishire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be rude but...if you guys have time, could someone care to make some sort of autopatch? I tried to patch the game manually but it was rather difficult. I tried to download the xdelta thingy but have no idea which one I need, so I just pick one, but then I don't know what to do with it xD

theli

OP
Trophies
Website
theli.is-a-geek.org
XP
Country
Kishire said:
Not to be rude but...if you guys have time, could someone care to make some sort of autopatch? I tried to patch the game manually but it was rather difficult. I tried to download the xdelta thingy but have no idea which one I need, so I just pick one, but then I don't know what to do with it xD
'autopatch' -kinda thingy is mentioned at the end of first post ... noone had any troubles with it before

Kishire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theli said:
Kishire said:
'autopatch' -kinda thingy is mentioned at the end of first post ... noone had any troubles with it before

Hmm, for the autopatch, the only thing I don't get is how or where do you get the file "culdcept_eng.xdelta3"
I only have the last 2 + the Culdcept (J).nds file, but I don't know how to get "culdcept_eng.xdelta3", do I just change the .nds to xdelta3?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kishire said:
theli said:
Kishire said:

Hmm, for the autopatch, the only thing I don't get is how or where do you get the file "culdcept_eng.xdelta3"
I only have the last 2 + the Culdcept (J).nds file, but I don't know how to get "culdcept_eng.xdelta3", do I just change the .nds to xdelta3?
"culdcept_eng.xdelta3" is the patch file. The link is in the first post. You were trying to patch it without using a patch?

Kishire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I know the link is in the first post, thanks.

Okay, so basically the files I have are:
-Culdcept DS(J).nds (clean, untrimmed rom)
-Drop Rom Here (extracted from patch)
-xdelta (also extracted from patch)

I tried dragging Culdcept DS(j).nds onto 'Drop Rom Here' but it then say cannot apply patch. What else am I missing?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kishire said:

I tried dragging Culdcept DS(j).nds onto 'Drop Rom Here' but it then say cannot apply patch. What else am I missing?
The xdelta3.exe file. Link is in the first post as well.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Kishire said:

All right since you have decided to download the files which you have mentioned now the only file you need to to download is the patch file itself which is called "Latest WIP patch (link name)..." click on that link download the patch file put it in the same folder where you have the files mentioned and then proceed with the necessary steps..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I need cheats for GTA v, lol. And why ask here, go look for them yo self!