Hacking Coverflow7 USB Loader

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ok, gonna see if i can make more test tomorrow afternoon...
cd can you confirm that you're NOT on SM4.0?

edit: you were quicker ^^
ok, i'm on 3.2E, cIOSrev10...

by the way, CD, someone (a spanish guy i guess, called Hermes) managed to achieve it but the pictures were so small that it was useless.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Ignore that I get it, system menu 4.0.

I have never done the update after 3.2, I have Starfall installed still. I will double check that it hasn't somehow updated it without my knowledge but I definitely don't have the SD card support stuff on my menu.

Gimme a min to double check though.

UPDATE

Nope defintely on 3.2U.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
nah, forget it. it's something with the code we're using not the system.
i'll see what i can do tomorow. right now i've got to go to bed as i have to be up in more or less 6 hours...

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Could it be something to do with what USB HDD's we are using? Or the way the games have been added to the HDD?

OK Don, have a good night sleep. Sure it will be worked out soon
biggrin.gif

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, let me know if you need video of anything or you want me to document different scenarios, ie deleting the covers, going into the B menu, pressing up/down or left/right, etc.

DJJayTee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cdreams said:
The idea was to simple alter the game images to have the reflection as part of the image itself. Then just make the backgrounds to fit in and in the loader adjusted to accommodate the slightly longer images, so instead of say 66x93, they would become something like 66x113. That would give about 20pixels of reflection. Dunno how well it would look but it could be worth a shot in future. It should work since the area the extended part would be has virtually no gradient there.

dude.... i sent u this pic like 10 pages ago.... its a single picture... while you were fighting with that douchebag... i had mentioned that a ps action could be put together that would automate the process

test.png

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Sorry DJJayTee, I seemed to have missed a couple of other ones too.

If a automated process is possible then cool. I think to have it work though, it needs to have the place-holder included to make it look like proper boxes. As it is now, the image could lie in the correct place and the tops and sides would show the place-holder, but at the bottom of both the image and the reflection, there wouldn't be the part of the place-holder there so it would look strange. If that can be added, then it would be great. In fact it would be fairly simple to add it I think.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
DK: Looking at peps video, that's very similar to mine, but mine has pink in it as well...lol
also i noticed his seems to work faster than mine.. mine takes longer to load the images and move..
i've also checked my images and they all seem to be ok, i can view them on the PC fine..

CD: I think we should worry about that later, get this bug fixed first before we change things more..

Cheers

DJJayTee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm... to add something to the bottom of the box... would require transparency no? and i dont think anyone has a firm grasp with the transparency thing yet.... not exactly sure what u mean by placeholder... you want to frame it?

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sledge1 said:
DK: Looking at peps video, that's very similar to mine, but mine has pink in it as well...lol
also i noticed his seems to work faster than mine.. mine takes longer to load the images and move..
i've also checked my images and they all seem to be ok, i can view them on the PC fine..

CD: I think we should worry about that later, get this bug fixed first before we change things more..

Cheers
I tested it on a newer unreleased version DK had sent me, which is probably why the covers are loading faster.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
pepperoni said:
Sledge1 said:

Cheers
I tested it on a newer unreleased version DK had sent me, which is probably why the covers are loading faster.
Newer than alpha4?
Also i deleted Zack and wiki, and i can go to the left, put the game back on, and it crashes, so it must be something to do with certain games? not the place itself..
NTSC game on PAL Wii, but there's other NTSC and NTSC-J and RF games that it goes to no worries...

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I'm wondering if it's something to do with how you have copied the games to the HDD. I'm sure Don said that he copied his all through his Wii and onto his HDD. I copied all mine through WBFS or whatever it is called, for Macs. I'm sure some of you guys have added your games in a similar way, so maybe it needs the games to be done through the Wii and copied onto the drives that way. Maybe there is something with the WBFS managers that are causing a bug, or maybe when they are taking out the useless bits from the ISO's it's causing an issue in the loader.

Just an idea, maybe it's not anything but it popped in my mind.

Regarding the reflection images, yeah I'm not focussing on it, as I said earlier I have virtually everything graphically done including template files ready for you guys. It just needs confirmed with DK what coordinates are being used and stuff and then when he is ready and this bug is resolved, then it will be added in the final package for everyone to use. I will still fiddle around with the faux reflections though.

DJJ, yeah the place-holder is the empty DVD box I made that lies in the background and then the images load over it and it created the effect of a proper DVD case. As I say, you can do it without using transparency, but it would have to be something I did later as this bug really is the main thing right now. Without that fixed the alpha4 won't be released.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Interesting.

I wouldn't get too excited though, lets get this one up and running and working nice and smoothly. Then Don and whoever else can start looking at using some libraries and tools that can do a bit more trickery and then the loader can be started from scratch in essence with much better functionality for stuff like IR support, transparencies and many other cool additions.

There are some really cool ideas for the loader between us all and I am sure it's going to be really damn great when it's done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, class gamer greetings