Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
pinoy123 said:
how do I use soft reset with this???
Actually, I think he means soft reseting from a game. If so, just boot to YSMenu. Then click Soft-Reset in your games and then boot them through Moonshell then, you can Soft-Reset!
OIC - well I don't have that problem - the DSi has a soft-reset anyway

dalewebster1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey. I'm trying to set this up on TTDS (or DSTT...whatever). I tried to follow every step and it almost works perfectly. The problem is, when I have the moonshell NDS file renamed to TTMENU.DAT, it boots up with an error message saying that perhaps it wasn't DLDI- Patched correctly. Well the thing is, I have no idea about this patching stuff but I looked it up and TTDS are supposed to patch the files automatically. I started looking for info on how to patch it and I couldn't find a patch for TTDS (because it auto-patches). However, the instructions say that I have to patch it and I didn't so I'm guessing that's the problem. Can anyone help me? 'Cause I really have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks

dalewebster1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yey!! Fixed it! I was right about the patching thing. I just downloaded a random patcher and patched the moonshell and the YSmenu nds files and HUZZAH!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
dalewebster1993 said:
Yey!! Fixed it! I was right about the patching thing. I just downloaded a random patcher and patched the moonshell and the YSmenu nds files and HUZZAH!
Well Done Dalewebster1993, I see you popped along here after my Youtube video
yaynds.gif
- glad you found the thread helpful

Just to also let you know - there IS a post here about 'DLDI-patching' & for future reference you find it Here which incidentally I wrote (what a coincidence
laugh.gif
)

dalewebster1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool. Didn't realise it was you...weird. Anyway, there's a good chance this has already been mentioned, but this might be useful for the people who can't be bothered sifting though 14 pages of the problems of strangers (everyone I assume). I find that using Moonshell as a firmware replacement is a lot better if you hide the folders you don't wish to access. By this I mean just enter their properties on windows and select 'hidden'. This makes the Moonshell look less like an awesome file browser and more like an awesome end user interface. I hid all the folders except for my games, apps, and media stuff. I noticed you hadn't done this on your video and considered it to be the only annoying thing about moonshell (I have a neurotic behaviuor when it comes to the organisation of folders
smile.gif
).

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
dalewebster1993 said:
Cool. Didn't realise it was you...weird'Weird' ?
unsure.gif
Why ? - Same Name,Same Avatar and also knowing where to look for the info
rofl.gif

dalewebster1993 said:
Anyway, there's a good chance this has already been mentioned,Nope not in this thread
QUOTE(dalewebster1993 @ Jun 15 2009, 09:37 AM)
I noticed you hadn't done this on your video and considered it to be the only annoying thing about moonshell
How very observant of you - you're right I didn't hide the Homebrew folders (Lemmings/StillAlive & VGH) - but that's not 'Moonshell' but in fact 'YSmenu' File browser
laugh.gif

To hide folders in Moonshell - there's also a file called 'hidepath.ini' in the moonshel folder. this is usually used for hiding the official firmware folders but you can add to it any other folders

dalewebster1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not gonna arse around with these quotes, you should know what I'm referring to. If you don't, then stop being stupid. Anywayyyyyy...I merely found it weird 'cause I felt like a dumbass for not looking at either your youtube name or your forum name. It's better to call it weird than to call myself a moron. ALSO!!! I figured you hadn't hidden your folders because when I hid mine, they also disappeared in YSMenu. I also didn't know there were other methods to hiding them so BLAH BLAH BLAH...it's all been explained...Also, I can't believe you actually know that it hadn't already been mentioned in this forum. THERE ARE 14 PAGES!
wtf.gif
I almost punched myself after reading one page. Now I think it's time for a series of British farewells. TARAH, CINNABIT, DO ONE, GOODNIGHT, SOD OFF etc. If you aren't British then you may not understand our elegant language but you should put up with it. I also may never be back on this forum because I'm lazy and have stolen the help I needed. I realise this post has drifted from any sense but I need a brew.

sscho97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK.. for all those r4i-sdhc upgrade users.. (and the non i version), I've figured how to do this with the clone

If you don't want to follow the instructions, download this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6240

1: Download the following files:

1:YSMenu
2:TTYsauto
3:One of the two YSLoaders
4:DLDIrc
5:DSTT official firmware

2: Rename the YSMenu to YSMenu0810211800.zip but don't extract it..

4: Create a folder named TTYsauto on the desktop and extract/unzip the files in TTYsauto in there.

5: Put the ZIPPED (meaning compressed) YSMenu0810211800.zip in the same folder.

6: Run ttds.bat, type EN, press enter, type YES, EN, and finally, press enter and it will create DSTT_Menu_custom_English.zip

7: Extract the DSTT_Menu_custom_English.zip

8: Extract the YSMenu zipped file.

9: Using DLDIrc, disable dldi patching on the ysmenu.nds file..

10: Extract the official DSTT firmware and put the file ttpatch.dat and ttdldi.dat into the custom TTMenu

11: Now the last part.... (almost), put TTMENU.DAT from the official firmware into the root of the card.

12: Put the TTMenu folder onto the root of your card.

13: Now..... hoping you didn't delete any files, create a folder named YSMENU onto the root of the card and put YSmenu.nds and YSmenu.ini into that folder. ( note: I actually don't know about this.. I think you can just put the YSmenu.nds file into a random folder..)

14: Make sure you install the r4's firmware and don't replace any files from the R4i firmware.

If you have any questions, ask me
smile.gif

IF YOU DID IT CORRECTLY, THEN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO RUN ROMS THROUGH MOONSHELL+YSMENU

I'm gonna try to make moonshell auto boot btw.. >.

skyfallen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hello , i been getting this error on my original R4
[Rom loading failed]
disk errcode= -2147483632
Please reset system.....

This error seems to appear on some rom~
how do i solve it??

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
skyfallen said:
Hello , i been getting this error on my original R4
[Rom loading failed]
disk errcode= -2147483632
Please reset system.....

This error seems to appear on some rom~
how do i solve it??
Wow! Sixth time answering this question!

*Copy and Pastes from an old thread for no reason at all*
-------------------------------------------------------------------

It's probably a bad dump. Take it from a different source.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes that was copy/pasted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides that, reformat it too.

W3r3W0lF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
everytime i try 2 boot my ak2i, following error message appears "System File is Missing",
i used the guide for the normal fw, can anyone trust that moonshl2+ysmenu works with the ak2i? or that it don´t.

ps:sry for my bad english

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
W3r3W0lF said:
everytime i try 2 boot my ak2i, following error message appears "System File is Missing",
i used the guide for the normal fw, can anyone trust that moonshl2+ysmenu works with the ak2i? or that it don´t.

ps:sry for my bad english
I too can confirm that it does work on AK2i - same error - in fact I cannot even get Moonshell to run AT ALL even if I boot up into the official firmware THEN start Moonshell
(Incidentally I'm using Moonshell 2 Stable 2)

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
W3r3W0lF said:
is moonshl2 autoboot.nds renamed to akmenu4.nds? make sure to DLDI patch it. try that, if not. Idk
QUOTEi used the guide for the normal fw, can anyone trust that moonshl2+ysmenu works with the ak2i? or that it don´t.

In some threads, some users got moonshell 2 to run via AKAIO. I assume that moonshell 2 dosn't autoboot using ak2i, but rather you need to run it manually in AKAIO firmware. As for the ysmenu and ak2i? As for ysmenu, you can try running ysmenu in akaio see if it works. If it does, i would assume ysmenu+moonshell2 will work on ak2i. Far as i know, moonshell2 dosn't work properly on ak2i. Unless someone has figured a way, and i don't know about it.

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CannonFoddr said:
I too can confirm that it does work on AK2i - same error - in fact I cannot even get Moonshell to run AT ALL even if I boot up into the official firmware THEN start Moonshell
(Incidentally I'm using Moonshell 2 Stable 2)

Have you tried using AKAIO?

W3r3W0lF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the moonshell 2 stable 2.02 works prooper, if u use the direct boot.nds, i will try AKAIO as far as i can, means now :]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s