Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
pinoy123 said:
kermitfrog said:
pinoy123 said:
I can't get this to work on my DSTT. Does the dstt auto-DLDI Patch moonshell 2 or do I have to patch it myself?
To get it working on my DSTTi - I had to DLDI the 'moonshell_direct.nds' version myself then rename it to 'TTMENU.dat'.
I also place an UN-patched 'moonshell_direct.nds' into 'resetmse' folder & renamed it to 'TTIO.nds'
So i have to manually DLDI patch moonshell_direct.nds myself?
Yep - that's right, that's what I've done & it worked for me

If you're not familiar, or never done patching before:-
> For patching tools pop along to This page (no longer updated) - (I use the Win32 GUI for patching)
> For the DSTT DLDI library (there's not one on chism page), use This one

Unzip the 'ttio.rar' file into the same folder as the Win32GUI & run the 'dlditool32.exe' program
then follow the instructions @ http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/index.php?title=Win32_GUI to patch (warning it WILL overright the original file)

I suggest you make a copy of moonshell & patch that one rather than patch the original, since you still need an unpatched version for the resetmse folder

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
kermitfrog said:
Mr.Mysterio said:
hamtotem said:
alternatively you can put the reset file for ysmenu on your card and when you press start on the menu and go to "return to firmware", it will load ysmenu. exactly the same.
Reset file for YSmenu?
Where can I find it?
I'm guessing he means - "place a copy of YSmenu.nds into 'resetmse' folder & rename it to 'TTIO.nds' "

The only problem with that is YSMenu will start up the last commercial ROM you played.
So effectively the 'Reset to Firmware' option in Moonshell has in fact been turned into a 'Start last Commercial game' function, unless you press straight afterwards to bypass the 'AUTO_BOOT' option of YSmenu

Ahh!I see.Tried it and it works like a charm now.Thanks!

rn_1604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i reset the moonshell starting screen? cos i changed to 1 line mode and when accessing one of my folder, i pressed start and crashed (using v201p1), when i rebooted, it entered the same folder screen and crashed and i can't seem to get out of this situation...

I've already disabled the resume program from the settings. Is there anyway to always start moonshell in the root folder and not the folder where you last quit?

Edit: Nvm i've recopied the moonshl2 folder.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hello again.So i used the Moonshell 2.00 stable version and got it working.The language was Japanes so I changed it using Language Selector.nds to English.It worked for about two days but now the language's part English part Japanese.I tried changing it again with no luck.Can anyone help me change it back to English?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Mr.Mysterio said:
Hello again.So i used the Moonshell 2.00 stable version and got it working.The language was Japanes so I changed it using Language Selector.nds to English.It worked for about two days but now the language's part English part Japanese.I tried changing it again with no luck.Can anyone help me change it back to English?
I've never used 'Language Selector.nds' program, so don't know if that's a bug or an oversight by the developer but what I usually use is the original 'languageselector.exe' program that also comes with the Moonshell. & I've had no problems with it

Start it up > Point it to your memory card > Click on [OK] on the warning message box > select the '000 ENG / English by Densetsu3000' > [Save]

See if that solves the problem, if it doesn't work - I guess there's a corrupt file or something.Have you tried to reinstall the whole Moonshell package ??

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
kermitfrog said:
Mr.Mysterio said:
I've never used 'Language Selector.nds' program, so don't know if that's a bug or an oversight by the developer but what I usually use is the original 'languageselector.exe' program that also comes with the Moonshell. & I've had no problems with it

Start it up > Point it to your memory card > Click on [OK] on the warning message box > select the '000 ENG / English by Densetsu3000' > [Save]

See if that solves the problem, if it doesn't work - I guess there's a corrupt file or something.Have you tried to reinstall the whole Moonshell package ??
I tried reinstalling the package before I posted.I used the moonshell lite version and it didnt have the languageselector.exe.Time to download the whole thing now.
Thanks for the fast reply kermitfrog!

h2h1z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unable to open any thing have done all original directions and get "open moonshl2 direct boot" or something to that effect
can i get help and/or a point in the rite direction plz and thx

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
h2h1z said:
unable to open any thing have done all original directions and get "open moonshl2 direct boot" or something to that effect
can i get help and/or a point in the rite direction plz and thx
A few more details may help us determine what your problem is...
> What card are you trying to use it on ?
Have you followed the other instructions in the 'Spoiler' boxes for the card you are using ??

> Have you done any 'patching' to the 'Moonshell_direct.nds' yet ?
Some cards require moonshell to be patched first - if you havn't done this, then that can cause problems

> What files are you trying to open (you say 'cannot open anything') - Commercial ROMS/Homebrew/music/Videos etc etc ??
If it's just commercial ROMS loading that's the problem - it could be YSmenu that's the cause, it can be a little fussy where you place the various files. If it's ALL files - then that points towards Moonshell being the problem

D

Deleted-119707

this should be stickied. nearly everyday people are asking whether moonshell can load roms.

great guide though. i tried it but no cheats... that put me off.

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nicky041192 said:
this should be stickied. nearly everyday people are asking whether moonshell can load roms.
yes! agree this should be stickied.
QUOTEgreat guide though. i tried it but no cheats... that put me off.

With Acekard 2, cheats work with moonshell fine. What card you using?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
nicky041192 said:
great guide though. i tried it but no cheats... that put me off.You can get cheats but it requires a little more work. You need to by-pass YSMenu "auto_boot" function.
See the video in first post under
QUOTEHere are videos made by kermitfrog & Vampirex to further show you that cheats CAN work with this guide, with just a bit of tweaking!

For all flashcarts:
(about 1/2 way through the first post)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
pinoy123 said:
how do I use soft reset with this???
I guess you mean when you press [Start] (while in Moonshell) you get the option to 'reset to firmware' - & when selected you may get a message like 'Cannot find TTIO' (or some other name)

If so - the easiest way I find is by putting a copy of 'moonshell_direct.nds' into the 'resetmse' folder of moonshl2 & rename it to the 'missing file' name (in the case above I rename it to 'TTIO.nds') - all this does though is reset back to Moonshell

sscho97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It might just be my card... (i have a r4 clone.... r4-sdhc upgrade)
whenever i try to run a rom, on the bottom screen.. it says:

Yasu software - YSMenu
http://www.usay.jp/
build:YASU Mar 21 2009 16:44:45
Error: can't fatInitDefault...

what does that mean?????
also.... moonshell dosen't boot up at startup.. the r4 menu just comes up... >.<
A guide for r4 - sdhc upgrade would be much appreciated (thats probably asking for too much) (OH btw....
my r4 is the same as the r4i-sdhc upgrade from this website:http://r4i-sdhc.com/indexe.asp

Quick Smash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I tried the original R4 method and it didn't work on my R4SDHC - I understand that
I tried the R4 clone tutorial and I can't even get past the tutorial, I'm doing EXACTLY what it says, what default.nds? I keep getting stuck at the same part OVER and OVER, I've tried over 10 times from step 1 and I never get a freakin' default.nds...
This is so annoying, I hate how Yasu hates it if people just make a pre-packed ysmenu, life would be so much easier, ughh...

sscho97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick Smash said:
Ok, so I tried the original R4 method and it didn't work on my R4SDHC - I understand that
I tried the R4 clone tutorial and I can't even get past the tutorial, I'm doing EXACTLY what it says, what default.nds? I keep getting stuck at the same part OVER and OVER, I've tried over 10 times from step 1 and I never get a freakin' default.nds...
This is so annoying, I hate how Yasu hates it if people just make a pre-packed ysmenu, life would be so much easier, ughh...

yea.. i never get a default.nds either... and the cmd command thing is just messed up..>.<

and note to all other people.. if you have a R4i-SDHC Upgrade (and its non i version), this tutorial won't work because I've learned that the card itself needs something in the r4.dat file in the firmware to operate. meaning even if you change some crazy file and rename it to r4.dat so it would boot that thing up, it wont work.. and instead it would just show menu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm