CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
rn_1604 said:
Is there any other solution to reset back to TTmenu OS? If not i'll just put the TTmenu.nds and launch from moonshell.
Rename TTMenu.nds to TTIO.nds & put into the resetmse folder - that should do the trick (no patching required)

As for Dustbox - not sure about that.I remember reading about it - but I'm sure it was for something I didn't fancy having so never tried it. You'll have to wait until I get a chance to check up on it

rn_1604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ it doesn't work (goes to a white screen and hangs there).... issit cos the TTMenu.nds wasn't acutally TTMenu.nds as I've renamed it from TTMenu.dat

There isnt any TTMenu.nds.... but it does launch when i select it from the moonshell menu...

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rn_1604 said:
^ it doesn't work (goes to a white screen and hangs there).... issit cos the TTMenu.nds wasn't acutally TTMenu.nds as I've renamed it from TTMenu.dat

There isnt any TTMenu.nds.... but it does launch when i select it from the moonshell menu...

Did u try using the guide? renaming file extention from .DAT to .NDS obviously won't work. They're 2 different file extentions.

rn_1604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampirex said:
rn_1604 said:

Did u try using the guide? renaming file extention from .DAT to .NDS obviously won't work. They're 2 different file extentions.

what guide? my dstti kernel doesnt come with any .nds file..... does it mean that i can't create it?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Vampirex said:
rn_1604 said:
There isnt any TTMenu.nds.... but it does launch when i select it from the moonshell menu...Did u try using the guide? renaming file extention from .DAT to .NDS obviously won't work. They're 2 different file extentions.
Oops my mistake - what I meant was 'rename 'TTMENU.DAT' to 'TTIO.nds' and put into the 'resetmse' folder' but it seems you've already tried that - so I was totally wrong with that.

I've even tried changing the 'reset.mse' within the TTMenu folder to 'TTIO.nds' but that doesn't work either, so I'm afraid I don't think it's possible
----------------------
As for the 'Dustbox' however - I found an italian article about 'Moonshell 2 beta 8' & in it I found this
-hold down L or R and tapping the touch screen (the note pad: Note that you must save it to put the folder "moonmemo" in the root of the micro-sd)
-hold down start for 3 seconds cancelli files (note, this is not written anywhere, you must create a folder "dustbox" in the root of the micro-sd to run the process).
-hold down "select" for 3 seconds to create a screenshot (the one I created for the news)
So yes it does look like you can delete (cancelli ?!?) files but what happen is that they are placed inside a folder called 'dustbox' and not truely deleted, & it does work with beta 12 'cos I've just tried it
yaynds.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Vampirex said:
DSTT Exit to Firmware Solution Found here. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=157089
Seems like Linoul recently found the solution. And he posted up a file you can download.

DSTT moonshell2 reset plugin by linoul:http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6012Hmm - well I've tried this on Moonshell 2.01 stable, & it doesn't reset back to DSTT firmware - which I believe rn_1604 wants
QUOTEIs there any other solution to reset back to TTmenu OS? If not i'll just put the TTmenu.nds and launch from moonshell.
Also it seems slower booting back into Moonshell than having 'moonshell_direct.nds' (renamed to 'ttio.nds') in the restmse folder

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kermitfrog said:
jester13 said:
The cheats don't work either if you auto boot to a game with YSmenu. It's a fault on YSmenu's part, not the alternate menu's.
It's not a fault - It's a 'feature'
rofl.gif

Actually I believe Yasu (that's the developer) never meant YSmenu to be used as an 'alternative method of launching via another program', instead it was meant to be a 'firmware replacment'

Moonshell (& other file selectors) is only using the AUTO_BOOT as a exploit/convenience to save them having to write their own 'launcher'

Yeah, I know. Even if you auto boot with YSmenu alone and not with Moonshell, DSision2, (etc.), the cheats wont work. You have to boot it to the menu and choose the game manually.

rn_1604

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kermitfrog said:
Vampirex said:
DSTT Exit to Firmware Solution Found here. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=157089
Seems like Linoul recently found the solution. And he posted up a file you can download.

DSTT moonshell2 reset plugin by linoul:http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6012
Hmm - well I've tried this on Moonshell 2.01 stable, & it doesn't reset back to DSTT firmware - which I believe rn_1604 wants

Yeah it just resets and auto boot back to moonshell, same as before.

Thanks for the delete tip! I also found out that u can delete it again in Dustbox so that it's gone forever, Dustbox acts like Window's Recycle Bin.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
AzNDmGe said:
can you teach me how to put Moonshell in to R4 without YSMenu?According to the Readme file that come with Moonshell (a copy can be found @ Here)
QUOTEPlease copy 'moonshl2.nds' and '/moonshl2' folder onto the root folder of MicroSD, and start 'moonshl2.nds'.
- I suggest you back up your existing '_moonshl.nds' (or it might be called '_ds_mshl.nds', or something similar) & 'moonshl' folder on your R4 first

I don't have an R4 - but if it's like an M3 simply, when you start up you have 3 icons. they are 'Games'/'Media'/'Slot-2'

To get moonshell assigned to the 'media' icon you'll need to rename 'moonshl2.nds' to '_moonshl.nds' (or '_DS_MSHL.nds' depending what's it is called on the R4)

You only need to install 'YSMenu' if you're planning to run commercial ROMS, which is not needed on an R4

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
pinoy123 said:
I can't get this to work on my DSTT. Does the dstt auto-DLDI Patch moonshell 2 or do I have to patch it myself?
To get it working on my DSTTi - I had to DLDI the 'moonshell_direct.nds' version myself then rename it to 'TTMENU.dat'.
I also place an UN-patched 'moonshell_direct.nds' into 'resetmse' folder & renamed it to 'TTIO.nds'

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
hamtotem said:
alternatively you can put the reset file for ysmenu on your card and when you press start on the menu and go to "return to firmware", it will load ysmenu. exactly the same.
Reset file for YSmenu?
Where can I find it?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Mr.Mysterio said:
hamtotem said:
alternatively you can put the reset file for ysmenu on your card and when you press start on the menu and go to "return to firmware", it will load ysmenu. exactly the same.
Reset file for YSmenu?
Where can I find it?
I'm guessing he means - "place a copy of YSmenu.nds into 'resetmse' folder & rename it to 'TTIO.nds' "

The only problem with that is YSMenu will start up the last commercial ROM you played.
So effectively the 'Reset to Firmware' option in Moonshell has in fact been turned into a 'Start last Commercial game' function, unless you press straight afterwards to bypass the 'AUTO_BOOT' option of YSmenu

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This seems so off topic but i'm in need of an answer haha, i tried it on my DSTT and it worked flawlessly so I'm going to get a DSi nest Tuesday and i was wondering if i can do this on the Supercard DSonei? I know it works on the Acekard2i but the Supercard has a USB Flasher but its OS is 2 slow and I prefer Moonshell2!

Thanx for all your answer and help!

pinoy123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kermitfrog said:
pinoy123 said:
I can't get this to work on my DSTT. Does the dstt auto-DLDI Patch moonshell 2 or do I have to patch it myself?
To get it working on my DSTTi - I had to DLDI the 'moonshell_direct.nds' version myself then rename it to 'TTMENU.dat'.
I also place an UN-patched 'moonshell_direct.nds' into 'resetmse' folder & renamed it to 'TTIO.nds'

So i have to manually DLDI patch moonshell_direct.nds myself?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!