Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
cant the fix be patched into wanin's original installer?
i install offline - i dont use windows and dont pull files from nintendo's server.
(i wouldnt trust nintendo not to substitute version numbers eventually either)

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
steve-p said:
i install offline - i dont use windows and dont pull files from nintendo's server.

i'm sure someone will upload a wad somewhere, bit easier than what your suggesting i would imagine

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
steve-p said:

probably, but wanin's installers have occasionally been buggy in the past, and he's also a little late on keeping his git sourcecode repository up to date, so even if we did get the source code to his installer, it's not going to necesarilly be updated to his most stable release of his installer

I agree with u, offline installions are the way to go... but everything ModMii instructs users to install on their wii's does not require wifi on their wii, and I guarantee if Ninty were to change any IOS downloaded by ModMii, everyone would know about it before leaving their PC and trying to install it on their Wii. Every file that is downloaded by ModMii is hash checked against ModMii's embedded database. That includes the base IOSs used to create cIOSs, the base IOSs are verified even before ModMii will attempt to build the cIOS. So if Ninty were to throw us a curveball with the files they host on NUS, ppl using ModMii will get errors when running the program on their PC (ie. invalid or missing files), so they will have been warned and should know better than to go installing those files on their wii and leave themselves open to potential ninty counter measures.

And about not using windows, ppl have managed to get ModMii running on Mac OS using vmware and linux using wine... so it's doable, u just gotta put in the effort.

Monster212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love this d2x my usb loader gx would load games slow since the 2.0 update.. and with this it loads super fast now..

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DeadlyFoez said:
Too bad there isn't a way to get usb loaders working on both USB ports. Probably is possible but I'm sure those who do know how to do it won't care enough to take the time. I guess it really isn't necessary anyways.
I know Miigotu (one of the Wiiflow devs) got it working, but it was still buggy...if he gets it right, it will be in the next public release of Wiiflow.

x4mer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bobthebigbat said:
I was still experiencing problems with version 1 (eg: a small freeze while calibrating DJ Hero), but with v2 the problem is gone. I thought I just had bad timing but now I get 5 Stars every track. It/I may not be perfect yet, but I'm happy with the results. Thanks for the great work.

Yes, I agree that V2 did more than just fix 2nd USB port issues. Whatever bug there was causing the USB 2nd port problems, must have been causing the cios to "hiccup" in general. I could not get perfect scores on guitar (wiimote based, not USB) under V1, but no problem at all under V2.

Great job Davebaol

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
Etheboss said:
DeadlyFoez said:
Too bad there isn't a way to get usb loaders working on both USB ports. Probably is possible but I'm sure those who do know how to do it won't care enough to take the time. I guess it really isn't necessary anyways.
I know Miigotu (one of the Wiiflow devs) got it working, but it was still buggy...if he gets it right, it will be in the next public release of Wiiflow.
But if you use cIOSxrev21 base58 CFG USB Loader works on both ports.Howewer I suppose that you want to use the modified cIOS,doesnt it?

Thx.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flutch said:
how can i install this cios into 247 and 248 slot ???
i'm using 4.3u and 249/250 is stub
you can....but it would be easier to just remove the stubs with MMM and then install the cIOS as normal...

flutch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
go the ModMii's advanced downloads, and select the cIOSs u want to use, then change their slot numbers and\or version numbers when asked, then install with a wad manager

done the wad and now i trying to get my spindown hdd a test
biggrin.gif

report back when i'm done testing

thanks XFlak

eN-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys,

I got a question here. I got two HDDs, one "Western Digital My Passport 250GB" which worked fine without any problems yet and a "Western Digital Elements 500GB" which has the so called "spindown-issue". Will cIOSX rev21d2x v2 fix this? Not sure about that.

To be more specific:
I use 4.3Ev2, USB Loader GX 2.0 (rev1061), got Hermes cIOS 5.1 installed (( 202[60], 222[38], 223[37], 224[57] )), Waninkokos cIOSX rev21 (( 249[57], 250[38] )), HBC 1.0.8 running on IOS58 and I'm usually starting my games in USB Loader GX through cIOS249. Zelda: Twilight Princess and all other games (but in Zelda it was the most obvious) "lagged" somehow, e.g. when picking up a yellow rupee it took several _seconds_ until the dialouge telling me that it's worth 10 green rupees was displayed - it looked like the yellow rupee model had to be loaded from HDD but because of it spinned down it took so long. These problems did not occur when sing my other HDD which workes fine (Elements has spindown issue for me, but Passport works fine).

So, will your cIOSX rev21d2x v2 fix this issue for the games I start with cIOS249?
Will it fix the spindown-issue also for IOS58 which I use to start homebrew channel and apps like WiiMC (the HDD is really slow in WiiMC, too, once it spinned down)? What can I do to verify it worked? Would there be a way to start Homebrew apps or HBC with cIOS249 if it works better?

Thanks in advance!

netspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eN-t said:
So, will your cIOSX rev21d2x v2 fix this issue for the games I start with cIOS249?
davebaol said:
  • EHCI d2x v1:
    • Fixed controller lag (further information here).

eN-t said:
Will it fix the spindown-issue also for IOS58 which I use to start homebrew channel and apps like WiiMC (the HDD is really slow in WiiMC, too, once it spinned down)? What can I do to verify it worked? Would there be a way to start Homebrew apps or HBC with cIOS249 if it works better?
QUOTE(davebaol @ Feb 4 2011, 12:25 AM)
cios based on 58 doesn't use the ehci module fixed by d2x.
The answers were already in this topic !

eN-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, it seems that it only works with cIOS, right? So would it be better to use cIOSX249 rev21d2x v2 than IOS58 for starting homebrew? How would I do that? Because that spindown-issue also causes problems when using WiiMC with IOS58 or other homebrew using IOS58.

Please, I would really be very thankful if you give me an answer to that question. In other words: Is cIOSX249 rev21d2x v2 better than IOS58 according to USB HDDs? Thanks in advance!

flutch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can say that the spindown and remote sync issue is gone
i'm using 4.3u with 247base57 and 248base56
everything works great now

thanks for this cios mod
biggrin.gif

netspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@eN-t : Yes, we're talking about a modified version of cIOSX rev 21 by Waninkoko, so it has nothing to do with the original IOS58.
Some homebrews (some USB loaders, WAD managers, etc...) let you choose at startup which IOS slot you want to use.
But I don't use WiiMC, so I can't answer for this specific homebrew, sorry.

It's hard to guess if you HDD will work better with a cIOS based on IOS58, or with a cios based on an other IOS, the only way to be sure is to try.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiBricker said:
So can anyone make an easy installer for this?
Waninkoko never released the cIOS installer source... Maybe we could modify hermes installer... Some other ideas?

.44 Magnum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eN-t said:
So, it seems that it only works with cIOS, right? So would it be better to use cIOSX249 rev21d2x v2 than IOS58 for starting homebrew? How would I do that? Because that spindown-issue also causes problems when using WiiMC with IOS58 or other homebrew using IOS58.

Please, I would really be very thankful if you give me an answer to that question. In other words: Is cIOSX249 rev21d2x v2 better than IOS58 according to USB HDDs? Thanks in advance!
Your WD Elements drive should've came preloaded with some sort of software and within that software should be an option to disable the sleep function. This should stop your drive from spinning down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ NIntendo pretty much has to release a new console by next year in order to keep making moneys imo
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.
    +1
    they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid prime 4 to the next console because by now it has been quite a while and there's no release date scheduled yet
    lol there's a guy selling mig switch in usa on ebay for $200/ea he's definitely going to get nailed with dmca by tomorrow
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Wasn't Metroid Prime 4 teased all the way back in 2017? For the switch no less?
    :rofl2:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped
    for $200? rofl.
    well as far as metroid prime 4 is concerned, the next system probably is similar enough to the current gen they can probably easily just slap it onto a next gen cart and call it good :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The switch was about 350 in 2017
  • Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0:
    mabe where you live
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will launch globally on March 3, 2017 for $299.99—earlier than some had expected at the price many suspected. https://time.com/4632820/nintendo-switch-nx/
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The NES launched at like 250 and the rob and light gun kit was like 350 or something
    I was near the test market for the NES and man did it make my 2600 look like ass lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory
    next system rumored to launch at $400
    but I don't really believe any rumors yet
    need to have official info from N
    The 3DO and Neo Geo where like 700 bucks hmm the PS3 was stupid expensive at launch lol
    But at least the PS3 was only 500 for the cheapest one at launch
    My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol
    Just played some Micheal Jackson Moonwalker.... Those poor parents trying desperately to protect their children
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    400 is a decent sweet spot if we get enough out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it