cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by davebaol, Feb 3, 2011.

?

Did d2x work for you?

1. Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

86 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

79 vote(s)
    43.2%
  3. No, and I posted what goes wrong

9 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

9 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    Around somewhere
    If you are really want to flame Wanin, go to his twitter,blog or IRC, don't do it here, these guys at least trying to improve on Wanins cios...this can only be encouraged...

2. bulletmark

bulletmark GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2007
    The procedure given in the OP here does not work for me.

After step 10 I see a couple of "file already exists and has been verified, skipping download" messages quickly wiz by for my cios, 249dx56 and 250dx57. Two wads are listed, cIOS[56]-v21d2x.wad (Valid) and cIOS250[57]-v21d2x.wad (Valid). I do not see the "invalid messages" mentioned in the OP and I see that the final wads produced in my COPY_TO_SD folder still have the name, date+time, and hash of the v21dx2 wads from a few days ago.

3. davebaol
    OP

davebaol GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2010
    Italy
    Remove them from that folder.
    If ModMii finds the file and they are valid then it doesn't download them once again.

4. bulletmark

bulletmark GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2007
    I see you updated your instructions after my post but I suggest you need to clarify that the user MUST delete all files in the COPY_TO_SD folder before doing the download. After doing this, I see the download worked and my new wad files were built.

There will be plenty of people who have followed these instructions exactly, as I did, but have not realised that they have just reinstalled the original v21d2 wads.

Thanks for your work.

5. justmike

justmike GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2008
    Thanks again guys!!

6. PPSainity

PPSainity Blinded by Science

Jun 6, 2009
    Canada
    I have yet to have my Wii get bricked or messed up from anything I have used from Waninkoko. Some of that is luck, and some of that is just using common sense. For example, whenever I want to update my Wii, I would not use his updaters nor others, but rather use NUSD with MMM or his WAD Manager.

Personal feelings aside, modifying the Wii's NAND is risky, period. You use the example of bootmii/hackmii being infallible, but don't forget that the HomeBrew Channel has yet to be updated to fix the async network init bug. I believe a few Wii were lost to that bug and Priiloader v0.5 intallation.

That said, Waninkoko, fix your cIOS, please!!!

Back to the OP topic..... Looks like rev21d2x v2 has hit the lag and secondary port issues out of the park. Way to go! I haven't heard nor experienced any negatives or still existent problems with the new cIOSx mod as far as these issue go. Well, except CoD:BO lag, but I'm looking squarely at Treyarch and their recent bout of patches for that issue... Thanks for all your hard work on this one team D2X. [​IMG]

-[]D

7. troy512

troy512 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2010
    United States
    how much longer before we see an entirely new cIOS-d2x-v1 instead of calling it a patch?

8. hong0098

hong0098 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2009
    United States
    ok

9. davebaol
    OP

Sep 3, 2010
    Italy
    Thanks for your advice.

10. jesquinas

jesquinas GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2010

Can you explain the async network init bug in HBC?

Thx.

11. bobthebigbat

bobthebigbat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2009
    I was still experiencing problems with version 1 (eg: a small freeze while calibrating DJ Hero), but with v2 the problem is gone. I thought I just had bad timing but now I get 5 Stars every track. It/I may not be perfect yet, but I'm happy with the results. Thanks for the great work.

12. drewmerc

drewmerc GBAtemp Regular

Mar 20, 2007

13. hybridLearner

hybridLearner Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2010
    United States
    USA
    I just tried the new rev and it works quite well for the most part. Rock Band 3 seems to work fairly well. I didn't test the guitar syncing yet, but seemed to work just fine with v1. The keyboard is where I'm running into some slight delays. This version works better than the first, but I noticed when playing some quarter notes every once in a while some delay would happen. The notes would be fine, then not register, then one or two that were delayed, then working fine again. I have only tested on a few songs, but seems to be more prevalent on songs stored on the SD card. It has been said before that this is an issue with the game itself, but I would think if it were this common there would be more information and claims pertaining to this matter. I am using a WD 1tb Passport HDD, WiiFlow 304, and 21d2x-v2 (at least I think I updated it correctly) Hopefully this documentation can be used to either realize another small issue, or at least help me figure out if I am the only one with this problem.

All in all, thank you so much for all your hard work in getting this going, without this there were a lot of games that were very aggravating, and possibly more that may have had a blind eye on them. I wish I could buy you all a beer! [​IMG]

14. DEFIANT

DEFIANT GBAtemp Fan

Dec 9, 2008
    United States
    Gallifrey
    Ok...Tried the new bug fix (fix) and all seems to be working well with wiiflow and games. I'll keep using and see if anything changes or breaks.

15. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    It's nice to see that ppl are working to improve the cIOS's since wanky has dropped the ball on it. I doubt he will ever release anything for the wii anymore...which is kind of a good things since he's messed up on the last few releases one way or another.

16. chop

chop GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2010
    Pontefract

He's to busy bricking PS3' to worry about the Wii.

17. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    LOL. Amen to that

18. nutta_nic

nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2008

no flaming here my friend, just plain and simple science facts

ok wanky might be a little,

but thats it

19. davebaol
    OP

Sep 3, 2010
    Italy
    @Everyone
    Poll added to the 1st post.
    Let me know if d2x worked for you.

@XFlak
    I bet you have never seen a poll like that. [​IMG]

20. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    I already did that. Thank you for the suggestion.
    Yeah, Wanky got quite the beating from me on twitter. He's become mysteriously silent since then. LOL

Great job to all of you working on this.

Too bad there isn't a way to get usb loaders working on both USB ports. Probably is possible but I'm sure those who do know how to do it won't care enough to take the time. I guess it really isn't necessary anyways.