cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by davebaol, Feb 3, 2011.

?

Did d2x work for you?

1. Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

86 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

76 vote(s)
    42.5%
  3. No, and I posted what goes wrong

8 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

9 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. steve-p

steve-p GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2009
    cant the fix be patched into wanin's original installer?
    i install offline - i dont use windows and dont pull files from nintendo's server.
    (i wouldnt trust nintendo not to substitute version numbers eventually either)

2. nutta_nic

nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2008
    i'm sure someone will upload a wad somewhere, bit easier than what your suggesting i would imagine

3. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario

4. Monster212

Monster212 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2010
    United States
    i love this d2x my usb loader gx would load games slow since the 2.0 update.. and with this it loads super fast now..

5. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    Around somewhere
    I know Miigotu (one of the Wiiflow devs) got it working, but it was still buggy...if he gets it right, it will be in the next public release of Wiiflow.

6. x4mer

x4mer Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2010
    Canada
    Yes, I agree that V2 did more than just fix 2nd USB port issues. Whatever bug there was causing the USB 2nd port problems, must have been causing the cios to "hiccup" in general. I could not get perfect scores on guitar (wiimote based, not USB) under V1, but no problem at all under V2.

Great job Davebaol

7. jesquinas

jesquinas GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2010
    But if you use cIOSxrev21 base58 CFG USB Loader works on both ports.Howewer I suppose that you want to use the modified cIOS,doesnt it?

Thx.

8. flutch

flutch Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2007
    United States
    how can i install this cios into 247 and 248 slot ???
    i'm using 4.3u and 249/250 is stub

thanks

9. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    you can....but it would be easier to just remove the stubs with MMM and then install the cIOS as normal...

10. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    go the ModMii's advanced downloads, and select the cIOSs u want to use, then change their slot numbers and\or version numbers when asked, then install with a wad manager

11. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    Just a post to thank everyone!

12. flutch

flutch Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2007
    United States
    done the wad and now i trying to get my spindown hdd a test [​IMG]
    report back when i'm done testing

thanks XFlak

13. eN-t

eN-t Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Hey guys,

I got a question here. I got two HDDs, one "Western Digital My Passport 250GB" which worked fine without any problems yet and a "Western Digital Elements 500GB" which has the so called "spindown-issue". Will cIOSX rev21d2x v2 fix this? Not sure about that.

To be more specific:
    I use 4.3Ev2, USB Loader GX 2.0 (rev1061), got Hermes cIOS 5.1 installed (( 202[60], 222[38], 223[37], 224[57] )), Waninkokos cIOSX rev21 (( 249[57], 250[38] )), HBC 1.0.8 running on IOS58 and I'm usually starting my games in USB Loader GX through cIOS249. Zelda: Twilight Princess and all other games (but in Zelda it was the most obvious) "lagged" somehow, e.g. when picking up a yellow rupee it took several _seconds_ until the dialouge telling me that it's worth 10 green rupees was displayed - it looked like the yellow rupee model had to be loaded from HDD but because of it spinned down it took so long. These problems did not occur when sing my other HDD which workes fine (Elements has spindown issue for me, but Passport works fine).

So, will your cIOSX rev21d2x v2 fix this issue for the games I start with cIOS249?
    Will it fix the spindown-issue also for IOS58 which I use to start homebrew channel and apps like WiiMC (the HDD is really slow in WiiMC, too, once it spinned down)? What can I do to verify it worked? Would there be a way to start Homebrew apps or HBC with cIOS249 if it works better?

Thanks in advance!

14. netspy

netspy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2010
    United States
    The answers were already in this topic !

15. eN-t

eN-t Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2011
    Gambia, The
    So, it seems that it only works with cIOS, right? So would it be better to use cIOSX249 rev21d2x v2 than IOS58 for starting homebrew? How would I do that? Because that spindown-issue also causes problems when using WiiMC with IOS58 or other homebrew using IOS58.

Please, I would really be very thankful if you give me an answer to that question. In other words: Is cIOSX249 rev21d2x v2 better than IOS58 according to USB HDDs? Thanks in advance!

16. flutch

flutch Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2007
    United States
    i can say that the spindown and remote sync issue is gone
    i'm using 4.3u with 247base57 and 248base56
    everything works great now

thanks for this cios mod [​IMG]

17. netspy

netspy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2010
    United States
    @eN-t : Yes, we're talking about a modified version of cIOSX rev 21 by Waninkoko, so it has nothing to do with the original IOS58.
    Some homebrews (some USB loaders, WAD managers, etc...) let you choose at startup which IOS slot you want to use.
    But I don't use WiiMC, so I can't answer for this specific homebrew, sorry.

It's hard to guess if you HDD will work better with a cIOS based on IOS58, or with a cios based on an other IOS, the only way to be sure is to try.

18. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Fake News Reporter

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    So can anyone make an easy installer for this?

19. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    Waninkoko never released the cIOS installer source... Maybe we could modify hermes installer... Some other ideas?

20. .44 Magnum

.44 Magnum GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2010
    United States
    Your WD Elements drive should've came preloaded with some sort of software and within that software should be an option to disable the sleep function. This should stop your drive from spinning down.