Hacking cIOSX rev21: controller lag [FIXED!]

skalejandro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
XFlak said:
If enough ppl want to test this, I can build a special test version of ModMii capable of building the aforementioned cIOS, so that people can easily build the wad and test it without having to get their hands dirty... what do u guys think?

sounds great , I have also the problem of lag

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Download ModMii4.4.5B-BETA HERE

20farfr.png

This is a special test version of ModMii for people experiencing controller lags with cIOSs using base IOS56

This BETA version of ModMii can build cIOS249[56]-v21[EHCI-v19].wad for testing from Download page 4

Enjoy!

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so i tried it and it works fine. one thing tho on the song menu if you scroll down one by one, it goes smoothly for a while then it pauses before going to the next song. it might have to do with some songs showing up out of date. also the first time i loaded rb3, the song menu would completely pause and then flicker, but i couldn't reproduce this after restarting.

little advice: if you download songs while on hermes, your songs will show up as out of date in waninkoko's, but not the other way around. so even tho i was using hermes before, i downloaded most of my songs under 249 in anticipation that i might be switching.

mrplowdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks xflak, rev 21 with rev 19 echi module works great in rb3, finally my keyboard playing stills are showing my previous piano lessons

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak, everything seems to work but Shaun White Skateboarding.
Well, this game it's particular because
- base 57 original rev19 --> black screen
- base 56/57 original rev21 --> OK
- base 56/57 rev21 with ehci from rev19 --> black screen

It seems to me it could be an issue concerning ehci module in rev19.

EDIT:

Some additional test and info about Shaun White Skateboarding

- base 57 hermes v5.1 --> after the ubisoft logo infinite load with the flying bimp on screen

The original iso in tmd.bin file inside game partition specifies ios56-v5405 for launch so base 56 is the best candidate to make it work for usbloaders.

Can anybody confirm my reports?

strapsoz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can confirm shaun white skateboarding having issues with b56r21 w/r19 echi

I have tested on a handfull of games on 1tb wd elements and 320gb wd elements. all good no lag.
Also compatible with ashes cricket and MHT.

Excellent work xflak. Will keep testing

sock99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
It might be unrelated but for what it's worth the picture stutters on Sports Resort Frisbee & Swordplay and Guitar Hero have disappeared with this fix. Thanks Xflak & Netspy (& Wanin for a fast cIOS).

digdug3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@XFlak

Why are the hashes of CIOS files created with Modmii different as the original Waninkoko CIOSes?
CIOS rev21 base 56 with rev19 EHCI is working very well! All my harddisk problems are gone! Great!

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so i had some weird stuff happen with base 56 + rev19 ehci. it was running fine till i decided to test the midi pro adapter. with the adapter i went to Learn A Song and the menu was very sluggish. i picked a song and the song started skipping like a broken record. it was completely unplayable.

i went to test a song from the game as opposed to dlc and the same thing. then it did it more often till the image became scrambled. the sound was still going but repeating over and over.

i restarted, tried it again and the same lag was there but not as bad.

i restarted again and it ran smoothly. i played for a while with no problems. so i don't know what happened the first two times. i reported something similar happened to the song menu when i booted up the game for the first time with rev19's ehci.

another thing, the game doesn't pick up the adapter if you plug it in while the game is on. in fact there doesn't seem to be any power to the 2nd usb slot while the game is running unless you boot it with something plugged in. with hermes this is not an issue.

BBogey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I'm pretty worried that when ehci module is making wake up calls to disk every 10 seconds, and increases load_cycle_count, it wears my drive too quickly.
So I compiled the latest ehci source from wanikokos git (commit f53e23c7f747cca9028ca6002b616b5a0fca378f), and disabled the watchdog for waking up the drive.
Code:
diff --git a/loop.c.orig b/loop.c
index f1288b1..be557f3 100644
--- a/loop.c.orig
+++ b/loop.c
@@ -363,7 +363,7 @@ s32 EHCI_Loop(void)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ/* Watchdog timer */
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (!message) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ/* Run watchdog */
-ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ __EHCI_Watchdog();
+ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ /* __EHCI_Watchdog();*/

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂcontinue;

Now heads gets parked when idling, but is not waked up every ten second (checked that drive led is not flashing every ten seconds when idling). And I don't see any lag issue anymore.
I will monitor how the load cycle count increases during gaming, earlier it was like 300 in hour.

I don't know if this drive has spin down when idling, so I may encounter that problem.

If drive spin downs or load_count_cycle is still growing rapidly, I might try change the watchdog timer to 4 seconds to prevent the heads be parked or spin down. But with latest ehci there still might be the controller lag issue, when running watchdog, so the root cause needs to be found.

If someone else who has problems with games with rev19 ehci, you could try this method also.
Edit: Here's the complied elf with watchdog disabled: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LOCO5THU
Just replace it in modmii modules rev19 folder, remove old wad and then build the 249beta wad again.

Here's my current smart data, so in 6 hours increased by 900. About half of that time it was plugged on laptop.
load_cycle_count 11426
Poweron hours 211

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How are the tests going with this one?

I heard this was fixed using base 58 with rev 21?

Has anyone tried this?

BBogey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
justmike said:
How are the tests going with this one?

I heard this was fixed using base 58 with rev 21?

Has anyone tried this?

So you mean installing rev21 base 58 to 249 and then loading games for example with rev21 base 56 from 250?

I haven't tested that.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IProDrive 1.0TB 3.5" External Hard Drive (HDE11TB) works without lag on Rev21. Tested in Wii Sports Resort and Cooking Mama.

In Black Ops using cIOSX Rev21 Base IOS57, there is an occasional "thinking" that lags the game for about 2 seconds. It only happens once every time I start black ops and enter a multiplayer game but never again.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
BBogey said:
So you mean installing rev21 base 58 to 249 and then loading games for example with rev21 base 56 from 250?

I haven't tested that.

That's right.

Has anyone tested that? Doesn't seem to be an answer.

Why would you not load games through base 58 from 249?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But how exactly I replace the EHCI module on modules folder? There are only .app files there, how can I convert this elf to app?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission