Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
d2x-v10-b52-Stealth-RC24 Released!
View attachment 313534

source: https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/releases/tag/d2x-v10-b52-Stealth-RC24

Install it like usual using ModMii or the wii d2x cIOS installer as per the directions from here

Unofficial release notes:
This has not been heavily tested, but the changes are extremely minimal and I am very confident there is no downside to using this compared to v10 beta 52. That being said there is no need to update from v10 beta52 (or v8-final for that matter) unless you want to:

1) hide your drive using uStealth AND want to restore emunand functionality (i.e. like storing gamesaves on emunand)
2) use RC24 AND have the Priiloader hack enabled to use cios249 for the Systemmenu/disc channel (otherwise it breaks some RiiConnect24 features)
3) STILL NEED TO CONFIRM: use RC24 AND launch RC24 channels via usb-loaders instead of the main system menu (usb-loader updates may also be required in order for RC24 patched channels to connect when launched via a usb-loader)

After people test this, and assuming no-one reports any problems relative to v10 beta 52, I think I will release this as v10-final and we can finally stop referring to v10 beta52 all the time. So in essence this is really a v10 final release candidate.

I wish davebaol were still around, but it seems I'm the last OG standing able to push updates to davebaol's official d2x github so I guess ultimately it's up to me whether or not to brand this as v10-final (I need to be careful not to get drunk with power, lol). If anyone thinks this should not become v10-final (or v11?) please share your rationale and your voice will be heard and considered.

Thanks everyone!

P.S. Keep your eyes peeled for a big ModMii update! Probably sometime before the end of summer, but no promises!

Edit: DO NOT USE ON WII MINI!!!!
Thank you for continuing your work on this :)

Is this compatible with vWii as well or only the original Wii?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Good Morning.😉

I hope I understand you correct:
You have asked,that RC24 is working with d2x v10 beta52 ?

If it is so,I have to say YES.
As you maybe have noticed with the sysCheck,I HAD it installed previously.

RC24 & Mail is/was working with that cIOS.😉
Is this setup still working with the priiloader setting enabled to use 249 for the system menu IOS? I think it should not work

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is this setup still working with the priiloader setting enabled to use 249 for the system menu IOS? I think it should not work
Actual there is some issue getting the cIOS d2x v10 beta52 again...

ModMii is not able to retrieve it....

Ohne Titel-1.jpg

d2x cIOS Installer gives also Errors....

IMG_20220613_115944.jpg

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: jeannotte

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Ok,now it worked.😉

Installed d2x v10 beta52 to Slot 249 [56]
Priiloader´s System Menu IOS is still set to 249

Correct,but only the RC24 Weather Channel is NOT working.😉
All other RC24 Stuff including Mail is working.
Sorry but can u test again for both v10 beta 52 and the new cios but running the RC24 Clear Tool before each test as per the below msg (sorry I didn't realize this was a necessary step to test properly)

If u don't use the RC24 clear tool before testing it may just load cached data and appear to work when it may not actually be receiving updates.

You should have Alexander1970 run the RiiConnect24 clear tool that I previously linked to since there's a good chance that the channels are just loading cached data, so it'd seem like they're working yet they'll never receive updates. So it's just a matter of configuring Priiloader to use cIOS 249 and then deleting the data for all supported channels.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Actual there is some issue getting the cIOS d2x v10 beta52 again...

ModMii is not able to retrieve it....

View attachment 313688

d2x cIOS Installer gives also Errors....

View attachment 313690
Btw if u have the base ios files already downloaded from last time and saved to either modmii's temp folder or sd/usb for the wii app cios installer you won't need to worry about redownloading these same files from NUS again in the future. I'm sure you know this already but wanted to mention it in case others are reading this later.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Sorry but can u test again for both v10 beta 52 and the new cios but running the RC24 Clear Tool before each test as per the below msg (sorry I didn't realize this was a necessary step to test properly)

If u don't use the RC24 clear tool before testing it may just load cached data and appear to work when it may not actually be receiving updates.
With d2x v10 beta 52 in 249 [56]

Using the Tool and the 5 Options:
All RC24 Channels are working
Mail is also working.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I thought u said weather wasn't working before with beta52? Strange/unexpected that everything sounds to be working without the rc24 key... I guess maybe adding the rc24 key was unnecessary?
The RC24 cleaning Tool deletes EVERYTHING.

- Forecast / News Channel Data
- WiiConnect24 Mailboxes
- the nwc24msg.cfg
- SYSCONF

I think it has nothing to do with the cIOS itself......

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: jeannotte

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Without using the cleaning tool cached data might be left behind making channels that are not getting updates appear to be working when they're not. So if anything this additional cleaning tool step should result in less things working, not more (all else being equal)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Without using the cleaning tool cached data might be left behind making channels that are not getting updates appear to be working when they're not. So if anything this additional cleaning tool step should result in less things working, not more (all else being equal)
Mail could maybe loose Mail Adresses after cleaning.
There is also "Corrupt Data" Message after the Cleaning Process,when entering the Wii System Menu.
But it works.

Forecast / News Channel works as ever after the Cleaning.
Same for the Rest....

The only Thing,that is NOT working,is to load the RC24 Cleaning Tool with IOS 249 (only 80 is ok).

IMG_20220613_200233.jpg

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is the Priiloader System Menu Option set to use IOS 249 ? :(
No, since I'm busy testing changes within the loader.

I guess you could stop Priiloader from reloading to IOS to 249 and then try to use the WC24 clear tool. And if that works then boot straight back to Priiloader and configure it to use 249.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
No, since I'm busy testing changes within the loader.

I guess you could stop Priiloader from reloading to IOS to 249 and then try to use the WC24 clear tool. And if that works then boot straight back to Priiloader and configure it to use 249.
from Alex's pic above it looks like the clear tool allows you to select which IOS to use so no need to adjust anything in priiloader's settings, for this purpose at least

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs