China lifts 13-year console ban.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Grey imports will still rule but I wouldn't be surprised to see companies releasing last gen consoles at double the price.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://gbatemp.net/threads/china-lifts-console-ban-console-boom-inevitable.351057/

Fun fact: China outright bans skeletons/skulls/etc. in their entertainment. Exposed bone is a big no-no, so this is literally 2spooky4them.

No wonder China has some odd ideas. They were denied two of the greatest children's animation.

Also because it does not seem to have the intro on it

The other

Anyway back on topic I hope Harsky is correct as it would be nice to have a continued supply of parts, controllers and such for them.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If what I've read is correct, the iQue is allowed because the games (programs) carry an 'educational' slant. This could be in addition to or in place of size, until I've heard nothing of the size personally.Many products and services (all over the world) are sold under the name of 'Edutainment' when it's other traits wouldn't allow or permit sales, I've been doing it for years; selling to schools and the services are pitched as 'educational' when they really purely entertainment.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Mario games will have to be censored? (the castles and hounted houses often house these skeleton koopa's). :P
Super Mario 64 was released on Nintendo's iQue thingy, marketed in parts of China. Ocarina of Time was also released. You could look there for precedence cases, if any censorship took place.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: EZ-Megaman

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, a new market just opened up eh? Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo should really get on it now.

IIRC, xboxs pretty much suck at sales outside of the US. I understand you comment is just a probing question or hopefully a joke, but I really dont see the Chinese market really getting take with microsoft gaming stuffs.

I retract my statement after reading what Chavo posted. Interesting.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1