• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tmofnrev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im going to say not possible as the switch doesnt have a mic support as a whole. but im also wondering now if thats possible
Yes it does? Any headset that plugs into the 3.5mm jack with a mic will work, and while docked USB mics work also. Bluetooth mics don't work on stock firmware but we've seen cfw bypass things like that over and over

condector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'd love to. Can someone contact the original author to show me a way to do the PR? I read the project instruction and I dont't know how to contact author~ :yayswitch: It seems to be a risk to directly upload to github.
Post automatically merged:

Port forwarding is a correct way, if it fails, then there may be some incorrect config~ For haptic feedback, I would say it's feasible, but in the code, the rumble control is occupied by the rumble channel, would be hard to merge haptic sound channel.

I saw that you modified an old version too. The new version is more stable to connect.

clone​

read-only: https://git.sr.ht/~thestr4ng3r/chiaki
read/write: [email protected]:~thestr4ng3r/chiaki

I guess you can create an account here and do a PR directly. https://git.sr.ht/~thestr4ng3r/chiaki

You can also get the updated version of the code from here. Nonetheless, awesome work. :)

Reactions: sith

kkwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I saw that you modified an old version too. The new version is more stable to connect.

clone​

read-only: https://git.sr.ht/~thestr4ng3r/chiaki
read/write: [email protected]:~thestr4ng3r/chiaki

I guess you can create an account here and do a PR directly. https://git.sr.ht/~thestr4ng3r/chiaki

You can also get the updated version of the code from here. Nonetheless, awesome work. :)
I forked and worked directly on master branch, and it seems to be the latest version~

And according to @Bricked 's messege, I sent the patch file to the author and let's see if there will be a new version.

desmondvu

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Based on the brilliant job by @H0neyBadger and the switch-ffmpeg by @averne , I work out a hardware-acceleration version of chiaki using h265/hevc codec.

For my perspective, the image now looks sharper, the latency is more stable, and cpu/power consumption is significantly lower. Here's my local build.
Thank you so much for this build. I've always wanted to play my PS5 on my TV while still having it plugged to my 144hz monitor, now I mostly can. Overclocked my Switch, tried 1080p 60fps on your H265 build and the results are much better than before. Hard stutters still happen in intense action situations in the games I play (God of War Ragnarok and Death Stranding), but this is major improvements comparing to before. With further development, I'm sure this app will reach the state where even action sequences won't break a sweat on Switch.
Major kudos, keep up the good work.

EDIT: Using the latest version where you "optimized the frame update quene & decode quene mutation lock problem, reducing frame stuttering", handheld has no problem while having intense actions on screen, only times I get stutters is when Switch is docked. I think this is a problem related to switch-ffmpeg and not the Switch having enough horsepower to handle 1080p60 or the internet isn't capable enough. I hope you can investigate this.

Last edited by desmondvu,

kkwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thank you so much for this build. I've always wanted to play my PS5 on my TV while still having it plugged to my 144hz monitor, now I mostly can. Overclocked my Switch, tried 1080p 60fps on your H265 build and the results are much better than before. Hard stutters still happen in intense action situations in the games I play (God of War Ragnarok and Death Stranding), but this is major improvements comparing to before. With further development, I'm sure this app will reach the state where even action sequences won't break a sweat on Switch.
Major kudos, keep up the good work.

EDIT: Using the latest version where you "optimized the frame update quene & decode quene mutation lock problem, reducing frame stuttering", handheld has no problem while having intense actions on screen, only times I get stutters is when Switch is docked. I think this is a problem related to switch-ffmpeg and not the Switch having enough horsepower to handle 1080p60 or the internet isn't capable enough. I hope you can investigate this.
Maybe, I saw there is a mutation lock between decode function and render function. Sometimes when there is a spike in decode function, the render function will wait for the lock, that's where a frame stuttering occurs.

Anyway, I'm working on the deko3d version as well. Avoiding the data transfering between gpu-cpu-gpu realm is the ultimate solution.

Last edited by kkwong,

K255178K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know how i can improve bit rate? Moonlight works beautifully with higher br, but can't find the setting on the switch ver.

mese433

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, this looks amazing and can't wait to try it our. I am not sure if I am a bit thick or what but I can not find anywhere the .nro file.for the switch. I can only see the whole build files, I would rather start with the .neo.

Could anyone point me on the right direction?

Thanks! :)

RAGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Looking forward for more progress on this project, thanks to all contributors!

Also I agree that option to manual manage bitrate would be a neat too, like to choose a lower bitrate for bad cellular network, etc

Reactions: K255178K

kkwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi~ All, I tested deko3d boilerplate demo, performance is just worse than opengl, so stick to this implement method for now. And this is my latest build, integrated newer version of ffmpeg, hope you guys like it.

If anyone who wants to know more about the source code, you can refer here https://git.sr.ht/~kkwong/chiaki

Attachments

• chiaki.nro.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 17

sid97_

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,
just wanted to share a solution for a problem i had.

Everytime after playing for 2-5 min my screen would get very laggy and glitchy. I tried to improve my Internet connection, overclocking my switch,reinstalling but nothing worked...

Then i tried to run chiaki (h256) in APPLET mode and suddenly the bug is gone. I can play for hours now without any problems even without overclocking.

Looks like i had some RAM leakage?

Bluey11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi~ All, I tested deko3d boilerplate demo, performance is just worse than opengl, so stick to this implement method for now. And this is my latest build, integrated newer version of ffmpeg, hope you guys like it.
this seems to run better, so thankyou!

Does it help to run cpu overclock? if so, do you have any recommendation?
This is for handheld mode only

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive...