• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kkwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I was wondering if Portal is better than my switch Oled : I recently tested Diablo 2R on my switch, very pleasant time…if portal is better, it will be great but I am a bit afraid to see a big difference with an IPS screen
Changed WiFi to 5g and mtu to 1500 and use non-applet mode, it seems the latency become lower. Around 66ms ~ 4 frames. It’s even better than psp thanks to h264 720p decoding.

kkwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Based on the brilliant job by @H0neyBadger and the switch-ffmpeg by @averne , I work out a hardware-acceleration version of chiaki using h265/hevc codec.

For my perspective, the image now looks sharper, the latency is more stable, and cpu/power consumption is significantly lower. Here's my local build.

Attachments

• chiaki-h265.nro.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 40
Last edited by kkwong,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Based on the brilliant job by @H0neyBadger and the switch-ffmpeg by @averne , I work out a hardware-acceleration version of chiaki using h265/hevc codec.

For my perspective, the image now looks shaper, the latency is more stable, and cpu/power consumption is significantly lower. Here's my local build.
Thanks a lot for doing this, you're the hero we need! Is it on GitHub, are you doing a pull request to the official repository and all that jazz?

kkwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thanks a lot for doing this, you're the hero we need! Is it on GitHub, are you doing a pull request to the official repository and all that jazz?
I would love to do the pr, but it’s on the early stage, and I’m not familiar with the workflow (it’s not on GitHub). Would be nice to add the config module to let user to enable/disable.

Last edited by kkwong,
Reactions: hippy dave

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

For my perspective, the image now looks shaper, the latency is more stable, and cpu/power consumption is significantly lower. Here's my local build.
this is the update that everybody needs. from my 10 minutes testing the screen glitching / corruption seems to be completely gone, or reduced considerably, need some more time playing with this.
time to fire up genshin and hsr.:toot:

jackazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

For my perspective, the image now looks sharper, the latency is more stable, and cpu/power consumption is significantly lower. Here's my local build.
Thank you very much for this! I tried to test it but everytime I connect to my ps4 it crashes. You can see on the ps4 menu that it’s able to briefly launch remote play (pop up message “connected to” appears) but then the app closes because of an error. Never gets to display anything.

I’m on the latest fw and ams. Anyone else is having the same problem?

kkwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thank you very much for this! I tried to test it but everytime I connect to my ps4 it crashes. You can see on the ps4 menu that it’s able to briefly launch remote play (pop up message “connected to” appears) but then the app closes because of an error. Never gets to display anything.

I’m on the latest fw and ams. Anyone else is having the same problem?
Since I don't have a PS4, would you mind testing this version? Should be ok to downgrade.
BTW, there shouldn't be a huge gap between h264 hw/sw decoding, and IMO you can just get 50% drop in cpu load.

And this build I also optimized the frame update quene & decode quene mutation lock problem, reducing frame stuttering. If anyone interested, you can have a try.

Attachments

• chiaki-h265.nro.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 31
Last edited by kkwong,

jackazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since I don't have a PS4, would you mind testing this version? Should be ok to downgrade.
BTW, there shouldn't be a huge gap between h264 hw/sw decoding, and IMO you can just get 50% drop in cpu load.

And this build I also optimized the frame update quene & decode quene mutation lock problem, reducing frame stuttering. If anyone interested, you can have a try.

Thank you very much one again. I’ve tested it as soon as I could and now it works correctly with my PS4. I gotta say it was a really nice and smooth experience!

Here’s my setup: test was done in handheld mode, my Wi-Fi is 5ghz 100mbps down and 30up, tested with cod:bo3, duke3d, mafia definitive edition, rez infinite.

Latency seems to be greatly improved in comparison to 2.2.0, controls feels responsive even with fps games. Should it be like this? Are there differences between this build and the latest official that imply reduction in input latency? The experience to me is on par, let’s say, with the iOS remote play app (whereas the previous and official chiaki homebrew app for switch seemed a step back). No stutters happened during my gameplay, but I’ll keep testing. It crashes when you select 30fps instead of 60.

Above all, response time seems better. Thanks again. Great work!

kkwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thank you very much one again. I’ve tested it as soon as I could and now it works correctly with my PS4. I gotta say it was a really nice and smooth experience!

Here’s my setup: test was done in handheld mode, my Wi-Fi is 5ghz 100mbps down and 30up, tested with cod:bo3, duke3d, mafia definitive edition, rez infinite.

Latency seems to be greatly improved in comparison to 2.2.0, controls feels responsive even with fps games. Should it be like this? Are there differences between this build and the latest official that imply reduction in input latency? The experience to me is on par, let’s say, with the iOS remote play app (whereas the previous and official chiaki homebrew app for switch seemed a step back). No stutters happened during my gameplay, but I’ll keep testing. It crashes when you select 30fps instead of 60.

Above all, response time seems better. Thanks again. Great work!
For 30fps let me spent sometime to debug after I get home (away from town for a few days). H264 latency on aw/hw decode is almost the same, but for the new build, it would reduce “cpu load spike”, and I optimized the mutation lock to reduce “thread compete”, so that you will have a more stable experience.

For me on ps5, I would say it’s “flawless experience” 😜, I played god of war on it for a few hours and no stuttering felt.

ccarr6257

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For 30fps let me spent sometime to debug after I get home (away from town for a few days). H264 latency on aw/hw decode is almost the same, but for the new build, it would reduce “cpu load spike”, and I optimized the mutation lock to reduce “thread compete”, so that you will have a more stable experience.

For me on ps5, I would say it’s “flawless experience” 😜, I played god of war on it for a few hours and no stuttering felt.
do we know if we can get dual sense experiemental support on the switch version of chiaki like we can on pc version - thats the only thing really im missing its no great deal if not as at least we have portable ps5 ish

kkwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
do we know if we can get dual sense experiemental support on the switch version of chiaki like we can on pc version - thats the only thing really im missing its no great deal if not as at least we have portable ps5 ish
What does it mean by dual sense support? Do you mean connecting to ds5 using switch? Or just haptic feedback?

ccarr6257

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What does it mean by dual sense support? Do you mean connecting to ds5 using switch? Or just haptic feedback?
haptic feedback as i can connect my ps5 controller to switch but it doesnt do the adaptive triggers etc just rumble.

also another note how do i get chiaki to work outside of my network like when im on different wifi to my ps5. i know i got to do port forwarding the last time i tried it did not work though

edit: managed the port forwarding

Last edited by ccarr6257,

condector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

man, could you please share the code snippet with the original developers of Chiaki? Could help a lot to be injected on the next version of Chiaki. :)

Or, share the code here to us, if possible. :)

kkwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
man, could you please share the code snippet with the original developers of Chiaki? Could help a lot to be injected on the next version of Chiaki. :)

Or, share the code here to us, if possible. :)
I'd love to. Can someone contact the original author to show me a way to do the PR? I read the project instruction and I dont't know how to contact author~ :yayswitch: It seems to be a risk to directly upload to github.
Post automatically merged:

haptic feedback as i can connect my ps5 controller to switch but it doesnt do the adaptive triggers etc just rumble.

also another note how do i get chiaki to work outside of my network like when im on different wifi to my ps5. i know i got to do port forwarding the last time i tried it did not work though

edit: managed the port forwarding
Port forwarding is a correct way, if it fails, then there may be some incorrect config~ For haptic feedback, I would say it's feasible, but in the code, the rumble control is occupied by the rumble channel, would be hard to merge haptic sound channel.

Reactions: sith

ccarr6257

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd love to. Can someone contact the original author to show me a way to do the PR? I read the project instruction and I dont't know how to contact author~ :yayswitch: It seems to be a risk to directly upload to github.
Post automatically merged:

Port forwarding is a correct way, if it fails, then there may be some incorrect config~ For haptic feedback, I would say it's feasible, but in the code, the rumble control is occupied by the rumble channel, would be hard to merge haptic sound channel.
port forwarding all sucessful - user error on my part i forgot to reboot my router when i did it. thank you for looking into the haptic feedback possibility in terms of the switch version of chiaki, must have only been possible on pc port due to how pc's work. im happy regardless using joycons etc.

Last edited by ccarr6257,

Tmofnrev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Probably a ducking long shot but Is there a way to enable the mic support through like say your headset on the switch? They didn't enable it in the original chiaki version

ccarr6257

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably a ducking long shot but Is there a way to enable the mic support through like say your headset on the switch? They didn't enable it in the original chiaki version
im going to say not possible as the switch doesnt have a mic support as a whole. but im also wondering now if thats possible

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Bakerman vs. Mario