Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wlalve

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Unfortunately you made it worse. Now I just get a completely garbage output that's not even the slightest bit usable.

Only 720p is showing proper output still, every other resolution (including 1080p) is showing garbage.

If it helps, your last build from 12-18-2023 (post #950) was working with no issues on all resolutions (save for the fact that it stutters more compared to your newer builds).
((i can't post links here yet since my account here is still new))
Guys, sorry for my ignorance, I installed version 2.2.0 yesterday and found this forum today. How do I update the original version 2.2.0 to the KKwong version? And just replace the chiaki.nro file from one to the other??
Post automatically merged:

Guys, I already saw that I just need to replace it, thank you. But I have a new doubt. It is possible to play in a remote session with 2 controllers on the same switch. For example, play FIFA 23 AGAINST a friend. It would be great because I got it working outside my network satisfactorily. Thank you for any help..

Last edited by wlalve,

2excal7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Guys, sorry for my ignorance, I installed version 2.2.0 yesterday and found this forum today. How do I update the original version 2.2.0 to the KKwong version? And just replace the chiaki.nro file from one to the other??

Guys, I already saw that I just need to replace it, thank you. But I have a new doubt. It is possible to play in a remote session with 2 controllers on the same switch. For example, play FIFA 23 AGAINST a friend. It would be great because I got it working outside my network satisfactorily. Thank you for any help..
You cannot. Your single Chiaki remote session connection is for one player and one player only.

However, there is a jank way to do it: Have your friend just connect to remote play on a phone using PSPlay in gamepad mode (still on a seperate PSN account from Switch Chiaki), then just ignore the phone altogether and pretend you're playing on the same Switch screen. It won't drain the phone's battery much because all it's doing is send controller inputs like a normal remote play connection without the actual video streaming.

Disclaimer: I have not tested the above method.

Last edited by 2excal7,

wlalve

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You cannot. Your single Chiaki remote session connection is for one player and one player only.

However, there is a jank way to do it: Have your friend just connect to remote play on a phone using PSPlay in gamepad mode (still on a seperate PSN account from Switch Chiaki), then just ignore the phone altogether and pretend you're playing on the same Switch screen. It won't drain the phone's battery much because all it's doing is send controller inputs like a normal remote play connection without the actual video streaming.

Disclaimer: I have not tested the above method.
does not work

Palidino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, awesome to see H.265 and 1080P supported! Now we just need a way to use the touchpad button for docked play since a lot of menus rely on that button to open. I wonder if it would be possible to use the screenshot button or maybe +- combo to replicate it.

kikikong33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps5 9.00 (after update on March 13) ps4 and ps5 chiaki vibration function (ex judgement, god of war) is not working. Is it possible to update it? It worked well before the update.

sobomp3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, thanks for the fantastic app. Playing Elden Ring before going to bed, while IN bed is great!

However I'm having an issue when my PS5 is in Rest Mode.

I will send the Wake Command via Chiaki, which seems to do the trick of waking the PS5. I'll wait a few seconds and then go to Connect, and the app just sits there and basically freezes the system until I reboot my Switch.

When I go downstairs to look at what's going on, my PS5 is sitting there with the "Press the PS button on your controller". As long as I do that and go into my Profile, I can connect via Chiaki just fine. Is there a step I'm missing or a setting on the PS5?

Figured it out! I had to go into my "Accounts and Settings" and enable "Log into PS5 Account Automatically" as well as delete the Passcode.

Last edited by sobomp3,

i-snake-z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi guys, i have some small problems, with last version of kkwong, the image dont break anymore, but i have some small fps dips on switch.

I am running ps5 on cable, and switch with 720 / 60 fps with 1500 mtu.

It its normal? Or there is something that i miss :(

UnrulyMess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are there button combinations to bring a menu or to close the connection? I cant find this info anywhere, also the touch pad from the ps controller how can i emulate a press?

Hi guys, i have some small problems, with last version of kkwong, the image dont break anymore, but i have some small fps dips on switch.

I am running ps5 on cable, and switch with 720 / 60 fps with 1500 mtu.

It its normal? Or there is something that i miss :(
This is most likely your connection to your wifi

2excal7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Are there button combinations to bring a menu or to close the connection? I cant find this info anywhere, also the touch pad from the ps controller how can i emulate a press?
There is nothing you can do to end the connection manually - you have to return to the Home screen, close the app and reopen. It's annoying.
Though, you can also just end the remote play session from the PS5 side and it'll kick you back to the Chiaki menu.

The touch pad button is only accessible while in handheld mode - you simply touch anywhere near the edges of the screen to trigger it. You unfortunately can't access it while docked.

Last edited by 2excal7,
Reactions: UnrulyMess

UnrulyMess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There is nothing you can do to end the connection manually - you have to return to the Home screen, close the app and reopen. It's annoying.
Though, you can also just end the remote play session from the PS5 side and it'll kick you back to the Chiaki menu.

The touch pad button is only accessible while in handheld mode - you simply touch anywhere near the edges of the screen to trigger it. You unfortunately can't access it while docked.
Thanks for the info, I'm very used to the linux version. But yeah it's understandable that it's not present on this version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol