Hacking Beginner's guide: launch hacks, game backups and homebrews on WiiU & vWii

• Thread starter xem
  • Start date
  • Views 468,258
  • Replies 290
  • Likes 15

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not yet :< that'd require a full IOSU kernel exploit to be able to patch the checks and/or use the drive manually
oh you are fast XD
I saw that importing an euro wii u is chepest than one here or importing from USA/etc , but without regionfree it could not worth right?:v well I can wait XD

Reactions: paulloeduardo

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when IOSU exploit will be announced? are u working on it?

It will be announced when it's done, and yes, I am working on it.

1:the kernel exploit is here but devs work in a 5.4.0 exploit.
2:5.4.0 is safe but the kernel exploit is not stable.

Actually, #2 is basically the opposite. The kernel exploit is fine, but the 5.4.0 browser exploit is too unreliable.

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It will be announced when it's done, and yes, I am working on it.
Actually, #2 is basically the opposite. The kernel exploit is fine, but the 5.4.0 browser exploit is too unreliable.

So basically, 5.3.2 has yet a user and kernel exploit which are reliable ?
What if you release this part, in order to let the 5.3.2's people work on homebrew stuff ? (or may be i'm missing a step ?)

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically, 5.3.2 has yet a user and kernel exploit which are reliable ?
What if you release this part, in order to let the 5.3.2's people work on homebrew stuff ? (or may be i'm missing a step ?)

5.3.2's browser and kernel exploits are done, and both are reliable (well, once you get the browser exploit to succeed, then it works forever). 5.4.0 has an unreliable browser exploit, and the same kernel exploit, which has no reason to act differently.

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
5.3.2's browser and kernel exploits are done, and both are reliable (well, once you get the browser exploit to succeed, then it works forever). 5.4.0 has an unreliable browser exploit, and the same kernel exploit, which has no reason to act differently.

ok, 5.3.2 and 5.4.0 kernel exploits are similar, which is the reason why you are not releasing the kernel part, make sense.
keep it up guys, we will wait patiently for your magic, and thanks again for taking time to explain most of your work there, even replying to retards like me :)

Skizzlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do i need 5.3.2 firm ware to do exploit. I am currently on 5.1.2 firmware. If I can stay on 5.1.2 and do exploit I will if not, I will update.

Last edited by Skizzlo,

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
update with mario party 10 or splatoon games disc,without any internet connection!!(delete it,and then, insert the game disc in the wii u)

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As the whole stuff is said to be released only once 5.4.0 exploit is stable, it should be ok to update online to 5.4.0 now, before a possible firmware update that blocks any exploit (for a moment)

Skizzlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the whole stuff is said to be released only once 5.4.0 exploit is stable, it should be ok to update online to 5.4.0 now, before a possible firmware update that blocks any exploit (for a moment)

Well I know about the 5.4.0 explout being unstable. Thanks, but my question is still unanswered. I asked if I needed to up date to 5.3.2 update. Another thread said not to update past that and I am going by that. :)

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I know about the 5.4.0 explout being unstable. Thanks, but my question is still unanswered. I asked if I needed to up date to 5.3.2 update. Another thread said not to update past that and I am going by that. :)

i dunno what advantage you can get by not updating and staying on <5.3.2

Atm, exploits working on are under 5.3.2 and 5.4.0. All recent games are updating your system to 5.3.2 and online requires 5.4.0.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update,because the firmware 5.1.2 is not fixed wet for the webkit exploit.

5.1.2 will probably never be fixed, even though our 5.3.2 bug does support it. All versions from 5.1.1 to 5.3.1 are in the gray area of "technically supported, but we don't care enough to implement it". Just stick with 5.3.2 or 5.4.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...